obama allows Brazil to drill in the gulf never mind about the ban

You folks in the Gulf of Mexico are going to just love this! Since the BP oil spill 11 months ago, the Obama administration has only approved 1 of 107 permits filed to resume drilling for oil in the Gulf. Apparently, the two things we need most here in America, jobs and oil, are not priorities of Barack Obama. However, he has approved allowing Brazil′s Petrobras, their large oil company which is partially owned by Obama supporter George Soros, to conduct deep-water oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. How wonderful is that?

George Soros
Did the Obama Administration approve deep-water drilling for Brazil Petrobras in the Gulf of Mexico because of George Soros (on left)?

According to the Houston Chronicle (see link below), the recently formed Bureau of Oceanic Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement, BOEMRE, approved the plan on Thursday, just one day before President Obama began his 5-day vacation to Brazil. Petrobras will build the floating production, storage and offloading vessel, FPSO, about 165 miles off the Louisiana coast at a point known as the ′Walker Ridge′. The vessel will not only drill and produce some 80,000 barrels of oil and 500,000 cubic feet of natural gas per day, but also store up to 16 million cubic feet of natural gas. Petrobras ‘owns’ the drilling rights to the area called the Cascade, and two-thirds of a neighboring area called Chinook. The rest of the Chinook oil field is owned by French oil giant, Total. The drilling depth for this project is some 8,000 feet, far deeper than the BP-TransOcean 5,000 foot deep well that polluted the Gulf last year.

Earlier this month, the Department of the Interior, which oversees the BOEMRE, approved it′s first off-shore drilling permit to an American company, Noble Energy based out of Houston. They′ll be drilling about 70 miles from Venice, LA in 6,500 feet of water. Meanwhile, some 106 other U.S. drilling permits sit in bureaucratic limbo as oil and gasoline prices skyrocket.

So is there any particular reason why Brazil′s Petrobras was given permission to drill by the Obama administration over many American companies? Why Petrobras is being allowed to use a new technology, the FPSO vessel, in the Gulf of Mexico at a time when residents of the region are still suffering from the BP oil spill last year? Does it have something to do with George Soros, a major campaign contributor and political ally of Barack Obama, owning a large stake in Petrobras? Inquiring minds want to know!

Obama approves Brazil drilling Gulf of Mexico » Right Pundits

Related Articles:

Petrobras told it can use deep-water vessel in Gulf

Petrobras First t Use FPSO in U.S. Gulf of Mexico

Obama, Soros, Petrobras, Brazil & offshore double standards

The lies in the OP have been proven lies. Must you repeat the lies?

5 rigs have now been approved (24th)

Even with the deepwater drilling ban in the gulf the rig count in the US is up and production is up.

Soros sold his shares

Petrobrases FPSO vessel was first approved for use in the Gulf in 2006.

5 rigs out of over 100 requests. Not exactly opening the flood-gates.

Beowolf, if this were 2009 your reply would be accurate. Unfortunately, this is 2011. Obama, just came to an agreement with Brazil with in the past week. He pledged billions, and issued a grant that was approved the day before he left for Brazil. All of this information has already been posted with links to the references in this thread. Check it out. After you take the time to read this information you'll find that your premise isn't supported by current events.

Facts About the Proposed Ex-Im Bank Loans for Petrobras' Brazilian Offshore Oil Exploration and Development
BACKGROUND:
In April 2009, Ex-Im Bank approved a $2 billion preliminary commitment to secure the purchase of U.S. goods and services by Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras), Brazil's national oil company. The amount of a final commitment may be increased above the $2 billion preliminary amount. Petrobras anticipates that it will invest $174 billion in development over the next five years. Potentially, Petrobras purchases financed by Ex-Im Bank will help create and maintain over 507,000 American jobs.

So far, Ex-Im Bank has approved one final commitment under the facility, a request from JP Morgan Chase, acting as lender, for a medium-term credit guarantee facility in the amount of $300 million. This facility will be used to finance the company's general purchases of U.S. manufactured oil and gas equipment and services. To date, there has been no request for a long-term final commitment under the facility.

CHARGES AND FACTS:
Charge:The U.S. government is giving away more than $2 billion in taxpayer dollars to Brazil’s largest oil and gas company to drill for oil in Brazil.

Fact: The Bank has approved a preliminary commitment to lend up to $2 billion to Petrobras for the purchase of American-made goods and services.

The funds will go to American exporters as payment for their sales to the company.

Of note, the Bank is self-sustaining and no taxpayer dollars are involved. So far, Ex-Im has approved a $300 million credit facility to finance their purchase of U.S. oil and gas equipment and services.

Charge: The loans to Petrobras represent a giveaway of U.S. tax dollars.

Fact: Ex-Im is a self sustaining, independent agency which operates at no cost to the taxpayer. In fact, since 1992 the Ex-Im has earned and sent to the U.S Treasury more than $4.9 billion in fees and interest earned by the Bank.

Charge: America is exporting jobs to Brazil as a result of the loans.

Fact: Only American made goods and services qualify for Ex-Im Bank loans or guarantees.

Ex-Im only supports U.S. jobs by providing financing to ensure that American goods and services can compete on a level playing field against foreign competition.

Charge: The loan to Petrobras represents a reversal of the Obama Administration's policies on off-shore drilling.

Fact: The Bank's bipartisan Board unanimously approved the preliminary commitment to Petrobras on April 14, 2009, before any Obama appointees joined the Bank. In fact, at the time the Bank's Board consisted of three Republicans and two Democrats, all of whom were appointed by George W. Bush.

Read Chairman Hochberg's Letter to the Editor that appeared in the August 21, 2009 editions of the Wall Street Journal.

Oh, so we're back to blaming Boooooooooosh.

Yet Obama is the guy doing this now.

The problem isn't so much that we're helping Brazil, it's that Obama is fucking the United States at the same time.

He's quickly turning us into a second rate economic power and you're cheering it on.

In Obama's mind we're evil and this is his way of punishing this country, by making us poor.

I see what's going on.

Obama doesn't want to get us off foreign oil but he doesn't want anyone to blame him for it.

So what does he do?

He allows a few measly permits to get past the log-jamb of bureaucracy, so that his mind-numb apologists can have something to crow about....but in reality....we're still as dependent on foreign oil as before. In fact even more so.

The folks that support him have a few crumbs to base their silly arguments from and he's in the clear. Meanwhile we still import 61% of our oil.

I see what's going on.

Obama doesn't want to get us off foreign oil but he doesn't want anyone to blame him for it.

So what does he do?

He allows a few measly permits to get past the log-jamb of bureaucracy, so that his mind-numb apologists can have something to crow about....but in reality....we're still as dependent on foreign oil as before. In fact even more so.

The folks that support him have a few crumbs to base their silly arguments from and he's in the clear. Meanwhile we still import 61% of our oil.
Meanwhile you continue to make a fool of yourself parroting the lies fed to you by GOP hate radio. Some people never learn! :cuckoo:
imports_domestic_petro_shares_demand-large.gif

I see what's going on.

So what does he do?

ok I know having the flu has dulled my a bit so I have trouble recognizing sarcasm .
but come you really this the presidency is the same as the furor ?he has put more ion to alternative energy then any one , your repigs have screw up that for the most part ,now this may be hard to swallow but lobbiest still have the republican ear , and oil companies don't want alternative yet but they are working on it too ,the geniuses that think global warming and climate change is bull shit want to keep polluting you see Obama can do so much but we have to do the rest and we don't want to,

nature well tolerate us so much and then we are gone ,people cant see why the life of a species is important unless we eat it , teabagger are so against learning the bitched about scientific research of the African ant , what a waist of money , oh except the venom of that ant works in pain med ,
so don't Obama when we don't want too

I need more clarification on these "loans" he keeps talking about. If these loans are in the form of American Tax Dollars,i would definitely oppose them. I can't see giving Brazil $Billions in American Tax Dollars to drill for Oil. Not at a time when we are suffering Massive Unemployment,Record Poverty,and Massive Debt. Maybe someone can post a link better explaining these "Loans?" Thanks.

Personally i don't care where or how Brazil drills for Oil. Just as long as we're not giving them any American Tax Dollars to do so. I would oppose this deal if Tax Dollars are involved. We just have way too many problems to address right here at Home. So Drill Brazil Drill! But no cash from American Taxpayers.

You are nothing if not an idiot. Do we OWN the Gulf Of Mexico?

The article is not even about the gulf. It's about Brazil's offshore oil which is in the Southern Hemisphere.

It's a epic fail OP.

The OP is one of if not the dumbest hack posters on this MB. He probably blames Obama for his baldness and his lack of ability to maintain a hard on.:lol:

really , hmm well we do own up top hundred mile out pretty good for an idiot show your a fool

really , hmm well we do own up top hundred mile out pretty good for an idiot show your a fool

And how many Brazilian rigs are drilling within 100 NM of our coast? You had better study the use of the English language before you tackle the hard problems.

And how many Brazilian rigs are drilling within 100 NM of our coast? You had better study the use of the English language before you tackle the hard problems.

what the hell does that have to do with the US owning up to 100 miles off shore ? every country owns that the rest is called international water ,
I don't give a damn how many brazilian oil riggs are there . you the damn fool that post does the US own the golf ? and its yes .

what the hell does that have to do with the US owning up to 100 miles off shore ? every country owns that the rest is called international water ,
I don't give a damn how many brazilian oil riggs are there . you the damn fool that post does the US own the golf ? and its yes .

You are wrong and an idiot.

I see what's going on.

So what does he do?

ok I know having the flu has dulled my a bit so I have trouble recognizing sarcasm .
but come you really this the presidency is the same as the furor ?he has put more ion to alternative energy then any one , your repigs have screw up that for the most part ,now this may be hard to swallow but lobbiest still have the republican ear , and oil companies don't want alternative yet but they are working on it too ,the geniuses that think global warming and climate change is bull shit want to keep polluting you see Obama can do so much but we have to do the rest and we don't want to,

nature well tolerate us so much and then we are gone ,people cant see why the life of a species is important unless we eat it , teabagger are so against learning the bitched about scientific research of the African ant , what a waist of money , oh except the venom of that ant works in pain med ,

My God man... you have the writing skills of a first grader.

The golf?

:lol:

I see what's going on.

So what does he do?

My God man... you have the writing skills of a first grader.

screw my grammar correct the content show me where I'm wrong , that way you don't come off like a bitch .

do you really think the new oil wells his idea ? no presure from the right ? do you believe we want less oil ? repig have the house now lets see how they do , so for it screw the environment .palin yelling brill baby drill , HE"s NOT KING

my grammar not up to you ? LOL just what does you opinion on me counts to me ?

Forum List

Back