Obama absolutely determined to drive up the cost of energy. Freezes new coal leases on federal land

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0US2WB

Want to determine the social impact of coal use on our nation and take about 3 years to do so.

Just more proof that too much power resides at the top. Legislation desperately needs to be drafted to reign in the power of future presidents.

It is about time that this country looks and starts aggressively using renewable energy sources.
Coal and oil have had a strangle hold on this country for to long.

• Banned
It is about time that this country looks and starts aggressively using renewable energy sources.

Hahahaha

This is about MONEY in the end. Coal from federal lands currently owe the government about 13 cents on the dollar for royalties. They want to increase that dramatically but need a reason. Can you think of a reason? I can.......GOOBER WARMING

Raising the fees won't stop GOOBER WARMING but it will fatten the government's bank account.

Last edited:
Wait and see what the economy does this year. If it even mildly tanks, and with the Democrats residing on the wrong side of 90% of the issues, to project a Democratic Presidential victory, would be brave indeed. Hilly is not Obama, and every midterm has proven that Republicans/indpendents are more enthused than Democrats to throw them out!

Coal is cheap.

Coal-prices-down-no-miner-thing.jpg

• Banned
mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0US2WB

Want to determine the social impact of coal use on our nation and take about 3 years to do so.

Just more proof that too much power resides at the top. Legislation desperately needs to be drafted to reign in the power of future presidents.
"social impact of coal"

WTF is that.....
If their excuse for this halt is socially accepted by Americans? I didn't hear the full interview this morning but that soundbite stuck in my head.

Renewable energy is not reliable, cost effective, available or reasonable for the vast majority of the US. Obama's mistakes are going to seriously effect the economy for over a decade.

Feel free to look all you want. Install whatever you want.

My combo Gas & Electric up 22% (last year over year). Granted Gasoline cost cut in half. Overall I am positive. Thank you Frackers.

In other countries the government owns all the energy, oil, gas, coal, and the government keeps all the profits. It drives liberals like Obama insane that in the US corporations make billions in profits while tossing the government only a royalty. They don't hate fossil fuels, they hate that its corporations not the government profiting from fossil fuels.

Feel free to look all you want. Install whatever you want.

My combo Gas & Electric up 22% (last year over year). Granted Gasoline cost cut in half. Overall I am positive. Thank you Frackers.

Uh, num?

Is that on a per unit basis?

Uh, num?

Quit trying to trip me up!

The NAT GAS & Electric cost increase I showed is for MY dollars out the door DEC example. OK maybe I used more due to Global Cooling. you got me. cost per unit is probably not even above 5% according to "your" EIA.

Gasoline is not exactly 50% down........maybe more like 30% down from the high.

Uh, num?

Quit trying to trip me up!

The NAT GAS & Electric cost increase I showed is for MY dollars out the door DEC example. OK maybe I used more due to Global Cooling. you got me. cost per unit is probably not even above 5% according to "your" EIA.

Gasoline is not exactly 50% down........maybe more like 30% down from the high.

1.7%/yr actually since 2009....

Just continue winging it, num...it's not the facts, it's the righteous indignation......

Forum List

Back