Oakland Mayor Should Face Federal Charges

There is no way to avoid recognizing what needs to be done. Federal marshals need to arrest her for obstruction of justice.

Um, yeah, we don't use law enforcement to settle political disputes. If we did, Trump would be in all manner of trouble.

I get that, but you're still ignoring the fact that the law isn't being enforced because democrats want their votes and you're also ignoring the fact that democrats want illegals to vote.

Has it occurred to you that the reason why the law isn't being enforced is because it's cruel and stupid and counter productive.

MOST big city police departments don't chase after illegals for a good reason. Because if they did, NO ONE WOULD TALK TO THEM. No one would report crimes, no one would appear as witnesses in court.

There is no way to avoid recognizing what needs to be done. Federal marshals need to arrest her for obstruction of justice.

Um, yeah, we don't use law enforcement to settle political disputes. If we did, Trump would be in all manner of trouble.

I get that, but you're still ignoring the fact that the law isn't being enforced because democrats want their votes and you're also ignoring the fact that democrats want illegals to vote.

Has it occurred to you that the reason why the law isn't being enforced is because it's cruel and stupid and counter productive.

MOST big city police departments don't chase after illegals for a good reason. Because if they did, NO ONE WOULD TALK TO THEM. No one would report crimes, no one would appear as witnesses in court.
The law is "cruel"????? Do you think we should have no borders and everyone should be free to come and go into any country in the world?

The law is "cruel"????? Do you think we should have no borders and everyone should be free to come and go into any country in the world?

And why would that be a bad thing?

Yes, a law that uproots families is cruel. I'm sorry you don't get this, but frankly, cruelty seems to be the hallmark of today's GOP.

I'd like to think we are better than that as a people, but frankly, being a history major, I know we aren't.

And why would that be a bad thing?

Yes, a law that uproots families is cruel. I'm sorry you don't get this, but frankly, cruelty seems to be the hallmark of today's GOP.

I'd like to think we are better than that as a people, but frankly, being a history major, I know we aren't.
So you believe anyone and everyone should just come and go at will into any nation in the world. Tell me, how many nations are there that don't enforce their borders and allow people to come and go at will?

So you believe anyone and everyone should just come and go at will into any nation in the world. Tell me, how many nations are there that don't enforce their borders and allow people to come and go at will?

Irrelevant.

Here's the problem. It isn't that people are coming here... it's that employers are hiring them.

Again, instead of going after the rich people who cause the problem, you want to go after the poor people who are just trying to get by.

Find the most mean-spirited thing to do, and make that policy. It's the Republican way?

more:

Immigration head blames Oakland mayor for 800 missed arrests

A federal official said Wednesday that about 800 "criminals" avoided immigration arrests because Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf alerted the public to the surprise operation, an extraordinarily high number of missed targets.

Thomas Homan, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's acting director, told Fox News that the mayor's warning on Twitter was "beyond the pale" and compared her to a gang lookout who tells people when a police car is arriving. Homan said the Justice Department is looking into whether Schaaf obstructed justice.

Immigration head blames Oakland mayor for 800 missed arrests
She should be buried under 800 (Federal) counts of interfering with law enforcement and obstruction of justice. Also tack on conspiracy charges. Maximum sentence, served consecutively-no plea bargains, no time off, time served in solitary confinement in Supermax. Make an example of her.

Irrelevant.

Here's the problem. It isn't that people are coming here... it's that employers are hiring them.

Again, instead of going after the rich people who cause the problem, you want to go after the poor people who are just trying to get by.

Find the most mean-spirited thing to do, and make that policy. It's the Republican way?
No, it isn't "irrelevant". You don't acknowledge reality. There is no nation on earth with open borders, yet you think the United States is "cruel" for enforcing the law just like every other nation does. You're not dealing with a full deck.

No, it isn't "irrelevant". You don't acknowledge reality. There is no nation on earth with open borders, yet you think the United States is "cruel" for enforcing the law just like every other nation does. You're not dealing with a full deck.

Everyone else doesn't have the issue of the fact that the country we are having the issue with is one we've stolen land from, kept under a colonial heel for 100 years, and have generally created a lot of our own problems.

FOR INSTANCE, the main reason why so many workers got displaced in Mexico was because after NAFTA, cheap American yellow corn (genetically engineered and government subsidized) crowded traditional Mexican white corn out of the market. So we displaced millions of agricultural workers at a time when our own agricultural labor market opened wide up.

Everyone else doesn't have the issue of the fact that the country we are having the issue with is one we've stolen land from, kept under a colonial heel for 100 years, and have generally created a lot of our own problems.

FOR INSTANCE, the main reason why so many workers got displaced in Mexico was because after NAFTA, cheap American yellow corn (genetically engineered and government subsidized) crowded traditional Mexican white corn out of the market. So we displaced millions of agricultural workers at a time when our own agricultural labor market opened wide up.
Those Mexicans stole the land from the Indians. The Spanish invaders stole the land and then interbred with the natives to become Mexicans. When are they going to give it back? You're a fruit loop.

She should be cuffed and processed

-Geaux
--

Can the feds really throw Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf behind bars for her ICE warning?

Oakland mayor faces backlash after notifying residents of possible immigration enforcement

On Saturday night, residents of Oakland received an urgent message from Mayor Libby Schaaf.

Schaaf said she had heard from multiple sources that immigration agents would be conducting enforcement operations "starting as soon as within the next 24 hours" and urged those here illegally to take precautions.

The message stunned many. On Monday, some of that surprise turned to confusion and anger as large-scale immigration sweeps did not materialize.

Oakland mayor faces backlash after notifying residents of possible immigration enforcement
I'd be surprised if they do anything to her but elect her again.

The Mexicans lost their land in a fair fight

-Geaux
Exactly. If someone "stole" land then someone didn't have the strength to defend it. To the victor go the spoils. All land has been "stolen" from someone. Someone is very naïve.

-Geaux
And California is allowing them to breed back in. Just like back in olden times when a kingdom lost territory, they'd often emmigrate and breed their people back into the conquered lands, taking control the silent but effective way. Each Mexican momma I've seen in CA has on average between 4-6 kids in tow. Some, many more than that. Just sayin'

-Geaux
And California is allowing them to breed back in. Just like back in olden times when a kingdom lost territory, they'd often emmigrate and breed their people back into the conquered lands, taking control the silent but effective way. Each Mexican momma I've seen in CA has on average between 4-6 kids in tow. Some, many more than that. Just sayin'
With many of them on taxpayer food and housing.

And obama should also be arrested for OOJ. His DACA program told illegals they can stay here even though the law says they can't.

Throwing criminals in jail uproots families too. Why do you accept that?

Forum List

Back