O.J. Simpson...Give Your Feed-Back!

so mark foley made a racist comment that means oj the big lib donor is innocent according to libs?

no wonder liberalism makes america sick.

Mark Foley is your toe tapping ex-congressman friend in Florida. Mark Furhman is a yet to be indicted co-conspirator in radio ignunce.

Are you all taking this course on Pass/Fail or for credit?

I AM (crackin' m'self up)

I am a liberal but this is my opinion.

I also watched the trial very carefully, and Had I been on the jury, I would not have found him Guilty either. The prosecution didn't prove it's case.

Don't get me wrong, I beleive he was involved, but if so, he didn't do it alone. there are too many things which point to at least one other person being involved.

as for his civil conviction. that was his own fault for lying about the shoes.

Looks like for once we agree on something. The prosecution did not prove its case. Based on the prosecution's presentation, I would not have voted guilty either.

oj is black. that makes it a fact that he did it. obviously the black kind does crimes. if i was on a jury, he would be rotting in jail right now.

Ok get ready for a soapbox because this is exactly what my name is all about. This is not fucking news. A washed up football player commits armed robbery. It's a local news story at best. But this is the LEAD story on some national media networks. Why, why why why WHY? We have the Jena 6. We have Iraq. We have a presidential nomination process. We are dealing with the effects of climate change, national disasters etc. And OJ fuckin Simpson is on serious news channel? This is for stand up comedians, this is for Letterman. This is not NEWS. ARGH!!!!

OK soap box over.

Ok get ready for a soapbox because this is exactly what my name is all about. This is not fucking news. A washed up football player commits armed robbery. It's a local news story at best. But this is the LEAD story on some national media networks. Why, why why why WHY? We have the Jena 6. We have Iraq. We have a presidential nomination process. We are dealing with the effects of climate change, national disasters etc. And OJ fuckin Simpson is on serious news channel? This is for stand up comedians, this is for Letterman. This is not NEWS. ARGH!!!!

OK soap box over.

Please, try to calm down my friend.:D

OK soap box over.

One of the charges is Kidnapping.... I am still waiting for that one to be explained.

One of the charges is Kidnapping.... I am still waiting for that one to be explained.

I thought that one was pretty absurd, actually. My understanding of kidnapping was always that the person had to be forcibly moved from one place to another against his/her will. But, I think this is where they got it from (read the bolded part)

false imprisonment

Intentionally restraining another person without having the legal right to do so. It's not necessary that physical force be used; threats or a show of apparent authority are sufficient. False imprisonment is a misdemeanor and a tort (a civil wrong). If the perpetrator confines the victim for a substantial period of time (or moves him a significant distance) in order to commit a felony, the false imprisonment may become a kidnapping. People who are arrested and get the charges dropped, or are later acquitted, often think that they can sue the arresting officer for false imprisonment (also known as false arrest). These lawsuits rarely succeed: As long as the officer had probable cause to arrest the person, the officer will not be liable for a false arrest, even if it turns out later that the information the officer relied upon was incorrect.

http://www.nolo.com/definition.cfm/Term/11865EE4-8734-4565-863B06B64AE7E727/alpha/F/

OK soap box over.

Jena 6 a national news story ???? I'll put it on the same level as OJ. It's hardly news to hear about racial BS anywhere in the US.

No. It's not...it's unlawful imprisonment, not kidnapping. Did you even bother reading a definition of kidnapping?

No. It's not... Its kidnapping, not unlawful imprisonment, Unlawful imprisonment does not include the use of a deadly weapon smartypants... You definition is referring to a completely different situation... Once you hold someone at gunpoint and confine them in a locked space its kidnapping...

No. It's not... Its kidnapping, not unlawful imprisonment, Unlawful imprisonment does not include the use of a deadly weapon smartypants... You definition is referring to a completely different situation... Once you hold someone at gunpoint and confine them in a locked space its kidnapping...

Try again...

http://www.nolo.com/definition.cfm/Term/11865EE4-8734-4565-863B06B64AE7E727/alpha/F/

And again...

Main Entry: kid·nap
Pronunciation: 'kid-"nap
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -napped also kid·naped /-"napt/; -nap·ping also -nap·ing
Etymology: probably back-formation from kidnapper, from kid + obsolete napper thief
: to seize and detain or carry away by unlawful force or fraud and often with a demand for ransom

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/kidnap

Note... it says "seize AND carry away". Laws of this nature are fairly specific. You can't just go making stuff up as you go along.

Try again...

And again...

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/kidnap

Note... it says "seize AND carry away". Laws of this nature are fairly specific. You can't just go making stuff up as you go along.

OJ lured these men to the hotel, then locked them in, and held them at gunpoint... That is the end of it... If you wish to continue through your life clueless on yet another subject feel free...

OJ lured these men to the hotel, then locked them in, and held them at gunpoint... That is the end of it... If you wish to continue through your life clueless on yet another subject feel free...

Are you now a Lawyer? I suggest you learn the facts. I just watched an interview with a former assistant District attorney there. He stated that it is common practice when an armed robbery occurs for that department to add kidnapping charges. He further stated that more than JUST armed robbery has to occur for the charges to remain or even have a chance of being viable. They are used as bargaining chips by the Prosecution. He further stated , in his opinion, the charges would not stick because from his information both public and private on the case, nothing occurred to substantiate the charges.

Further, you are aware that Jillian IS in fact a Lawyer?

Forum List

Back