O.J. Simpson found GUILTY on all 12 charges

Everyone knows what the law says or how people are seen in the eyes of the law but that has jack all to do with justice being served. The criminal justice system is not guiltless, they wrongfully acquit and wrongfully convict alot of people.

Happens everday. The system is designed to fit up innocent people. That's me using sarcasm, I try not to do it too often but I just did it.

Bass I have a healthy scepticism towards the criminal justice system but I'm not a complete cynic (give me time). On balance though (and I suppose it depends on where one is) it's not entirely venal. I still don't trust it enough to support the death penalty though.

The Peterson trial was clearly a trial where the media became the de facto judge an jury. 1st-degree murder and death penalty cases are based upon the person being guilty beyond reasonable doubt, not circumstantial evidence and or the media's perception of a person being a playboy and cheater.

The hoopla was disgusting.

the system is set up to wrongfully acquit
thats how its supposed to be
its when they wrongfully convict that is the problem

You bet it is. Our - and we share the same system essentially - needs to be overhauled. I'm a great admirer of inquisitorial criminal justice sytems, such as in France. The English common law systems are riddled with self-interest, procedural obsession and irrelevancies. They should be dumped.

The hoopla was disgusting.

It's all about money. The city the trial is being held in LOVES to have the media frenzy. They make ooooodles of $$$ off of the deal. They could care less if the person is guilty or innocent .... bring on those televsion crews ... it's our 5 minutes, 5 days, 5 months (or more) in the spotlight and our time for our city to get some fame! :eusa_eh:

It's all about money. The city the trial is being held in LOVES to have the media frenzy. They make ooooodles of $$$ off of the deal. They could care less if the person is guilty or innocent .... bring on those televsion crews ... it's our 5 minutes, 5 days, 5 months (or more) in the spotlight and our time for our city to get some fame! :eusa_eh:

Hadn't thought of that.....:eusa_eh:

I rememeber being cheesed off with Fox banging on about it all the time though. I seriously (back then when the circus was in town) doubted his right to a fair trial.

Diuretic .... we live just south of Modesto .... the Peterson case, remember? Before that trial was moved to a Redwood City to the north ... you could not even get near the center of town (courthouse) if you had to - it was total
gridlock in the streets with all of the "cable news crews" in town.
Scott Peterson Trial Articles

Modesto is basically a "farming community" .... they needed the "news coverage money" to "try" and cover the expeses ... they put out - to put his ass in jail where he belong's!

The prosecution of Scott Peterson for the deaths of his wife Laci and unborn son Conner cost Stanislaus County taxpayers $4.13 million, some of which they hope the state of California will pay.
Scott Peterson Prosecution Totals $4.13 Million :eusa_eh:

Its obvious this recent trial and its verdict was payback for what didn't happen 13 years ago and its retarded that some people see it as rightful payback. The criminal justice system is seriously flawed. Perhaps OJ did get away with murder 13 years[yes, the Bass believes he had a hand in what happened in those murders], but blame the prosecution, not OJ for that blunder.

Why would you say this? Seriously! I remember distincly members of the black community telling the white in no uncertain terms the OJ was guilty and his aquittal was payback for Rodney King. Do you remember that? Now having said that, this time he was found guilty, of kidnapping and about 20 other things. You don't seriously think he should walk again do you?

Why are people so "happy" at sentencing? When Peterson got the death penalty people were cheering and celebrating, are people such as this and yourself just as sick in the head as the people you cheer for death for? There is no such thing as "karma" as this isn't about that anyways, its about the possibility that a jury convicted OJ partially or wholly based on what happened 13 years ago. If thats the case, the criminal justice system has failed twice.

surely you are not saying now that OJ should be permitted to break any law he wishes and go free because there is the possibility that a jury might hold 13 years ago against him. I don't think the events of 13 years ago were allowed to enter in to this trial.

He did not kidnap ANYONE. and he did not rob anyone either. I mean using the definition of kidnapping that was used if I block the only door in small store and refuse to let people pass for a few minutes, I have "kidnapped" them.

Travesty and a joke come to mind.

nope,, that's the law.

Its obvious this recent trial and its verdict was payback for what didn't happen 13 years ago and its retarded that some people see it as rightful payback. The criminal justice system is seriously flawed. Perhaps OJ did get away with murder 13 years[yes, the Bass believes he had a hand in what happened in those murders], but blame the prosecution, not OJ for that blunder.

Actually blame the jury for nullification. On the other hand, even that doesn't warrant 'payback' in our system. I wouldn't be so quick to think the system hasn't worked, wait for sentencing, (it sounds like appeals are not that likely to be accepted).

Diuretic .... we live just south of Modesto .... the Peterson case, remember? Before that trial was moved to a Redwood City to the north ... you could not even get near the center of town (courthouse) if you had to - it was total
gridlock in the streets with all of the "cable news crews" in town.
Scott Peterson Trial Articles

Modesto is basically a "farming community" .... they needed the "news coverage money" to "try" and cover the expeses ... they put out - to put his ass in jail where he belong's!

Scott Peterson Prosecution Totals $4.13 Million :eusa_eh:

I remember the case well. I had cable back then and I was forced to watch Fox and those clowns on Fox and Friends convicted and sentenced the bloke before the trial.

:eusa_clap: Well, Fox news actually had something right for a change. lol :eusa_clap:

I thought they were a bit early though. I mean, I followed the case out of a combination of professional interest and outright curiousity but I was appalled by the frequent news conferences. I tell you one of the problems in criminal investigation is the "target on the back" tendency. I saw it in that case. Okay, in the end I was wrong, he was convicted but I felt very uncomfortable that I was seeing an initial assumption and big effort to prove that assumption.

Translation:

Actually he was guilty then and he's guilty now. This is what we call Karma. When you do something bad, eventually it comes back against you sort of thing.

I could care less if O.J. Simpson was Black, White, or Green. If this were Scott Peterson being sentenced, I'd be happy since he was guilty too. (And I was happy when he got sentenced.)

Stop trying to turn this into a race feud because some of us may think he got away with murder. It happens in this country more often then you think.

Well, there was a racial component to the last trial.... which was mishandled from the get-go by the prosecution and the judge. The defense just walked into the holes in the case and did what good defense lawyers do. With a jury who really didn't want to believe that one of its heros could do that, it wasn't difficult to give them an excuse.

Notwithstanding that justice wasn't done before, it wasn't the jury's fault. They didn't "nullify" anything. They had a cop who walked around with blood evidence, calling people racial epithets and a prosecutor who, stupidly, had OJ put onthe glove that gave cochran the abillity to say "if it doesn't fit....". Chris Darden and Marcia Clark were too busy preening for the cameras to do their job properly. So, I always thought they didn't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. That's why he lost the civil trial -- different standard of proof.

But you don't convict someone for another crime to make up for one the prosecutors messed up.

Just my opinion on the subject.

I think you pretty well covered it here ...

"but blame the prosecution"? No Bass! The blame goes to OJ ... you said it yourself!

No retard, blame the prosecution for *NOT* properly prosecuting the case, its simple logic, why are you not getting it? You never blame the defendant for the outcome of the trial unless he's paid someone off.

surely you are not saying now that OJ should be permitted to break any law he wishes and go free because there is the possibility that a jury might hold 13 years ago against him. I don't think the events of 13 years ago were allowed to enter in to this trial.

No one is saying he should walk free if he's guilty but there's a way the justice is supposed to work in order to put someone behind bars, the Constitution and the law mandate that these procedures be followed. Finding someone guilty in essence for another crime they were acquitted of 13 years ago for payback does *NOT* reflect nor demonstrate justice.

No one is saying he should walk free if he's guilty but there's a way the justice is supposed to work in order to put someone behind bars, the Constitution and the law mandate that these procedures be followed. Finding someone guilty in essence for another crime they were acquitted of 13 years ago for payback does *NOT* reflect nor demonstrate justice.

but is there proof they did that? Or is he just simply guilty of the charges leveled against him?

Law finally catches up with OJ Simpson - World - smh.com.au

Even we're doing it. This is disgusting.

Law finally catches up with OJ Simpson
Thirteen years after being cleared of the horrific murder of his ex-wife and her friend in a verdict that shocked the world, the long arm of the law has finally caught up with OJ Simpson.

BOB: "Soon I will kill you."
SELMA: "Huh?"
BOB: "'Son pied sentit beau.' - french for, 'her foot smells lovely.'"
SELMA: "Oh."
BOB: "Prepare to be murdered."
SELMA: "Huh?"
BOB: "'Hai pa de babe mu' that's...sanskrit for 'Your toes are like perfume.'" (I think Bob made this one up).
SELMA: "Ah."
BOB: "Voy a matar a usted."
SELMA: "Wha?"
BOB: "That's Spanish for 'I'm going to kill you.'"

"Well, time for my walk...don't forget to die.

Forum List

Back