NYTimes: Trump Used $885M in Taxpayer Subsidies To Get Rich

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

"Mr. Trump has reaped at least $885 million in tax breaks, grants and other subsidies for luxury apartments, hotels and office buildings in New York, according to city tax, housing and finance records. The subsidies helped him lower his own costs and sell apartments at higher prices because of their reduced taxes.

Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee for president, has made clear over the course of his campaign how proud he is that “as a businessman I want to pay as little tax as possible.”

While it is impossible to assess how much Mr. Trump pays in personal or corporate income taxes, because he has refused to release his tax returns, an examination of his record as a New York developer shows how aggressively he has fought to lower the taxes on his projects."

And it concludes:

"His whole MO is to exploit the government for everything he could get,” said Jerilyn Perine, the city housing commissioner during the Giuliani and Bloomberg administrations. “In the end, the letter of the law gave it to him."

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/nyregion/donald-trump-tax-breaks-real-estate.html?_r=0
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/nyregion/donald-trump-tax-breaks-real-estate.html?_r=0
How do extreme conservatives feel about this?

"Mr. Trump has reaped at least $885 million in tax breaks, grants and other subsidies for luxury apartments, hotels and office buildings in New York, according to city tax, housing and finance records. The subsidies helped him lower his own costs and sell apartments at higher prices because of their reduced taxes.

Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee for president, has made clear over the course of his campaign how proud he is that “as a businessman I want to pay as little tax as possible.”

While it is impossible to assess how much Mr. Trump pays in personal or corporate income taxes, because he has refused to release his tax returns, an examination of his record as a New York developer shows how aggressively he has fought to lower the taxes on his projects."

And it concludes:

"His whole MO is to exploit the government for everything he could get,” said Jerilyn Perine, the city housing commissioner during the Giuliani and Bloomberg administrations. “In the end, the letter of the law gave it to him."

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/nyregion/donald-trump-tax-breaks-real-estate.html?_r=0

<YAWN!>

Let me guess, in his shoes, you'd choose not to accept subsidies, right? Subsidies shouldn't exist, but you'd have to be a complete retard not to take advantage of them.

So. What person ever in the history of the world has said I want to pay the most in taxes that I possibly can.
I wonder how much money Trump's investments have brought to NY ? Communities provide tax breaks hoping that it brings in tourist money and provides jobs. Nothing nefarious at all going on here.

Buffet and Soros the left's best pals they received how much, about 1,000 times as much as Trump? OOOOOOHHHH SNAAAAAAAAAPPPP!!

And it concludes:

Yeah from the NYT who accepts stolen property

And a tax break isn't a subsidy. just like a write off isn't a subsidy

Forum List

Back