The political spectrum

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
We need to put this shit to bed.
The extreme left is tyranny, the extreme right is anarchy.
R.466457d78e4c8f60e59ad832095e4b16

The political spectrum is not from one tyranny to another, it is from tyranny, to total freedom. The very definition of "spectrum" should tell you that.
A spectrum is the scale of 2 opposites. Not two similarities.
Please drop your middle school interpretation of left vs right.
Real liberals are not leftists. How could someone that believes in small govt and liberty be on the side of collectivism and big govt?
Most republicans are not righties. How can people that want to use the govt to shove their version of morality down peoples throats be righties? How can people that want to use the govt to control and bail out the private sector be righties?

We need to put this shit to bed.
The extreme left is tyranny, the extreme right is anarchy.
R.466457d78e4c8f60e59ad832095e4b16

The political spectrum is not from one tyranny to another, it is from tyranny, to total freedom. The very definition of "spectrum" should tell you that.
A spectrum is the scale of 2 opposites. Not two similarities.
Please drop your middle school interpretation of left vs right.
Real liberals are not leftists. How could someone that believes in small govt and liberty be on the side of collectivism and big govt?
Most republicans are not righties. How can people that want to use the govt to shove their version of morality down peoples throats be righties? How can people that want to use the govt to control and bail out the private sector be righties?
Very True and to the point. Best opinion and in my opinion "educationally adult" thread post, I have seen in a while.

The problem I see with recognition has to do with too many people who do not even understand the spectrum to begin with and see only duality, instead. To them, all politics is a Manichaean struggle between two opposing forces, and so their world-view is adversarial and ultra-conformist rather than a product of reason or understanding. .

Defend it from what? That lazy bullshit you posted? LOL
Seen this shit before. None of you can defend it without changing the long standing definitions to all the terms for the various political ideologies. If you want to change every part of political science to suit your agenda of the moment you're going to have to do better.

Seen this shit before. None of you can defend it without changing the long standing definitions to all the terms for the various political ideologies. If you want to change every part of political science to suit your agenda of the moment you're going to have to do better.
"Long standing definitions"....How long?...Who set the definitions?

Why don't leftoids have a single shred of intellectual curiosity?

I knew Reagan was essentially putting down a slave rebellion in Central America ... I felt just awful killing those poor people who just wanted simple liberties, like owning their own land ... aiming for the chest area, slaves are property, they don't themselves own anything ... I hated that before, during my service, and to this very day ...

... but I'm a patriot ... so I fought well ...

I fought for the people who protested outside the Capitol barriers ... and I'm sad their message was stolen ... first by the rioters, then by the press ... I think y'all are loony-toons, and you can certainly trust a liberal to know what loony-toons is ... knee-deep this end of the spectrum ...

You refuted absolutely nothing from the OP. Of course, I dont see you refuting logic. You probably dont know what that is either.

Forum List

Back