NYT Bombshell: 'SIGNIFICANTLY MORE 9/11 NEGLIGENCE THAN HAS BEEN DISCLOSED'

That's fiction. You have nothing to prove your statement.
Other than George Tenet's memoir's...

CIA Director Tenet said he made one last push to focus Bush on the impending terrorism crisis, but the encounter veered off into meaningless small talk.

“A few weeks after the August 6 PDB was delivered, I followed it to Crawford to make sure the President stayed current on events,” Tenet wrote in his memoir. “This was my first visit to the ranch. I remember the President graciously driving me around the spread in his pickup and my trying to make small talk about the flora and the fauna, none of which were native to Queens,” where Tenet had grown up.

Bush and his neocon advisers continued their hostility toward what they viewed as the old Clinton phobia about terrorism and this little-known group called al-Qaeda. On Sept. 6, 2001, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld threatened a presidential veto of a proposal by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Michigan, seeking to transfer money from strategic missile defense to counterterrorism.
BAM!!! POW!!!!

I eagerly await the Cry Of The Failed Bush Apologist: BOOOOOSH!!!!!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

I was about to make a thread about this then i saw it was already made there is no question in my mind bush let the attacks happen so he could go after Iraq he was after Iraq well before he was elected president. He really should be arrested for negligence and war crimes.

Amen to that. Bush, Cheney and a few others should be pounding rocks in a maximum security prision - or at Gitmo. However, I believe they committed "capital" crimes.

the article is an opinion piece.

you are an idiot.
It is NOT an opinion piece. It is in the Op-Ed section because he's a Vanity Fair reporter, not a New York Times reporter. That's what the Op-Ed section is for, which is different from the Opinion section.

I should have been a teacher.

:lol:

Op-Ed isn't Opinion?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

op-ed (ˈɒpˌɛd)

— n
a. a page of a newspaper where varying opinions are expressed by columnists, commentators, etc
b. ( as modifier ): an op-ed column in the New York Times

Op-ed | Define Op-ed at Dictionary.com

Stick to music, dude.
You are claiming that those memos are the opinion of the author?

Please cite what in the article is opinion.

Good luck! :lol:

op-ed [ˈɒpˌɛd]
n
(Communication Arts / Journalism & Publishing)
a. a page of a newspaper where varying opinions are expressed by columnists, commentators, etc.
b. (as modifier) an op-ed column in the New York Times
[from op(posite) ed(itorial page)]

op-ed - definition of op-ed by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

op-ed
adjective /ˌɒpˈed//ˌɑːp-/ [before noun] US

Definition
describes a piece of writing which expresses a personal opinion and is usually printed in a newspaper opposite the page on which the editorial is printed

op-ed adjective - definition in British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionary Online

No, you should not have been a teacher.
Cite the opinions in the article.

If you find any, show how they discredit the memos.

You won't. You can't. You are trying to deflect from the OP. You have failed miserably. You don't care. You will continue to cite debunked lies. You are dishonest.

That about cover it?

Yep they knew, Bush took off in Air Force One for hours and no one knew where he was when America needed him.
All flights were shut down except for getting the Bin Laden family out.
On 9/11 afternoon, Jeb got his family on a plane and left Tallahassee, too, thinking the Bush family was the target.

Self-importance and cowardice run in the family.

You liberal nut fucks are really something else. Clinton had 3 chances to arrest OSB after the first Trade Center bombing and didn't do it. That is FACT!

Bubba Clinton had 8 YEARS to assess and stop the threat and did NOT. FACT...see above link by one of 2 US officials who tried to get Clinton to act.

Bush had 8 MONTHS to assess ALL national threats and priorities...well, actually 4 since the first four were spent mostly in transition because Bubba and the democrats REFUSED to provide a transition team to the Bush Administration.

And yet again...it's Bush's fault. Are you idiots really that stupid or are you just so happy to have some news come out that isn't about Obama leaking secrets or pissing away trillions and playing golf while 1 in 6 Americans are living on welfare that you just can't contain yourselves?

MORONS!

I was about to make a thread about this then i saw it was already made there is no question in my mind bush let the attacks happen so he could go after Iraq he was after Iraq well before he was elected president. He really should be arrested for negligence and war crimes.

Amen to that. Bush, Cheney and a few others should be pounding rocks in a maximum security prision - or at Gitmo. However, I believe they committed "capital" crimes.

I'll ask this for the hundredth time of you idiots... If Bush or Cheney committed War crimes, why no prosecution? Is it because Democrats were privy to the same intelligence agreed with them? Of course it is.

I'll ask this for the hundredth time of you idiots... If Bush or Cheney committed War crimes, why no prosecution? Is it because Democrats were privy to the same intelligence agreed with them? Of course it is.

For the hunderith time you fool it isn't up to the dems or republicans to prosecute its up to the world court to thats out of our prviy and control.

For the hunderith time you fool it isn't up to the dems or republicans to prosecute its up to the world court to thats out of our prviy and control.

And how did that work out? :lol:

No, that's not it at all. Both dems and reps answer to the same class of people, which is the corporate oligarchy. They are flip sides of the same coin. That should be obvious when Cheney admits on national television he ordered the torture of detainees and no investigation follows. Torture is a war crime.

The BA knew this going in, that's why they tried to change the meaning of common Geneva Convention terms, so they wouldn't be prosecuted later.

The 9/11 hijackers took flight classes during Clinton's administration, doofus.

You said Clinton's folks investigated them and I asked for proof of that. You didn't provide any.

FAIL
Clinton reacted like you would expect a President would.

He made the reports a priority.

Clarke contrasted President Bill Clinton’s urgency over the intelligence warnings that preceded the Millennium events with the lackadaisical approach of Bush and his national security team.

“In December 1999, we received intelligence reports that there were going to be major al-Qaeda attacks,” Clarke said in an interview. “President Clinton asked his national security adviser Sandy Berger to hold daily meetings with the attorney general, the FBI director, the CIA director and stop the attacks.

“Every day they went back from the White House to the FBI, to the Justice Department, to the CIA and they shook the trees to find out if there was any information. You know, when you know the United States is going to be attacked, the top people in the United States government ought to be working hands-on to prevent it and working together.

“Now, contrast that with what happened in the summer of 2001, when we even had more clear indications that there was going to be an attack. Did the President ask for daily meetings of his team to try to stop the attack? Did Condi Rice hold meetings of her counterparts to try to stop the attack? No.”
So, Clinton did something, Bush did nothing.

If Bushies thought that engaging in unconstitutional acts and torture were warranted to protect the nation, why would something like profiling be a big deal to them?

Profiling does not rise to the level of 4th amendment violations or torture.

You would be first in line screaming your head off crying foul, Synth. Get real
After you there would have been the ACLU...but only after you. :D
So?

If Bush didn't care what people thought about him torturing, illegally wiretapping, running up huge deficits, lying about WMDs, and sending Americans to die based on lies, why would he give a shit about what someone thought of profiling?

This line of debate is beneath you. You know damn well that Bush wouldn't give a shit.

Synth what I do know is that you haven't a clue on what your talking about.
It an election year and you're letting your hormones get the better of you.

You have taken an opinion piece and ran with it like it was the Bible. Good grief, you sound desperate. :eusa_whistle:

Loads of opinions out there on 9-11.

The bottom line is that we were attacked and 3,000 people were killed by dirtbag terrorists.

I don't care how they get info on these dirtbags. They can waterboard em all. In fact if caught they can shoot em all for my money.

Clinton had chances to kill UBL and didnt' take em. They had warnings but where and when?? America is a big place. Do you shut all major cities down?? Do you close all the air space?? What do you do??

As for the opinion piece in the NYT?? WOW any wonder its in the NYT?? The liberal talking head??

9-11 happened on Bush's watch but it was planned for years prior. Of course Bush gets the blame but Clinton is as much to blame.

I blame the Muslim Arabs who carried out the attack. Hope they are enjoying hell because thats where they are along with UBL. Doubt they got their 72 virgins.

Last edited:
Quite frankly Seawytch, this report doesn't surprise me one bit, only in the extent that it isn't MUCH, MUCH WORSE. It was during the Bush Regime that I awakened politically, after observing how DESTRUCTIVE Bush n his kronies were to America and the world in general.

I'm expecting more and WORSE information to come in the near and distant future.

Bush should be UNDER the jail.

And for the FIRST time...fools, why wasn't EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of BOTH Houses of Congress, save 3 convicted of war crimes since they ALL...every man and woman, democrat and republican except 3 voted for the resolution that authorized the use of force?

See, in our Republican form of government, that's how it works. civilian control of the military. And only CONGRESS has the power to authorize that use of force. That is EXACTLY what happened!

Of course THAT is something Obama chose to IGNORE in Libya and we see how much they appreciate it. It was CLEARLY demonstrated overnight by the murder and attempted murders of innocent American diplomats!

So just exactly WHO is the criminal?

Last edited:
If Condi hadn't been an incompetent token, she would have warned airports to be on the look out for suspicious characters.

And then, perhaps this gate agent would have felt empowered to take his suspicions further:

DREW GRIFFIN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): The 9/11 Commission would describe the dawning of September 11 as temperate and nearly cloudless. By 4 a.m., Michael Tuohey was already at work at the U.S. Air ticket counter at the airport in Portland, Maine.

TUOHEY: Crystal clear, blue sky. Just a fabulous day to go to work.

GRIFFIN: One hour and 43 minutes into Tuohey's day, two men approached his ticket counter rushing to catch the 6 a.m. flight to Boston.

TUOHEY: They had a tie and jacket on. And as I'm looking at them, you know, they're holding their I.D.s up, and I'm looking at them. It's not nice but I said, "Geez, if this doesn't look like two Arab terrorists, I've never seen two Arab terrorists."

GRIFFIN: That was your first reaction?

TUOHEY: That was my thought as I'm looking at them. I'm looking at their licenses, and I'm looking at -- and that thought ran through my mind.

GRIFFIN: Where did that thought go?

TUOHEY: I don't know. At the -- immediately I felt guilty about thinking something like that. I -- I just said this is awful. How -- you know, I've checked in thousands of Arabic people over the years, you know, in doing the same job, businessman. I said these are just a couple of Arab business guys.

GRIFFIN: But something about these two men was different. Tuohey says the younger man, Abdul Aziz al-Amari could barely speak English. The other was Mohammed Atta. Tuohey says he had the eyes of a killer.

TUOHEY: He did. He had the deadest eyes I've ever seen.

GRIFFIN: Setting aside his gut reaction, Tuohey issued the boarding passes. The flight was leaving in 17 minutes, and Atta and Amari still had to clear security.

But Atta told Tuohey he wanted not only the boarding passes for the US Air flight to Boston but also the passes for their conducting American Airlines flight to Los Angeles.

Atta, the mastermind behind the 9/11 plan, was facing the plan's first obstacle, a gate agent with an attitude.

That you blame the National Security Advisor speaks volumes about your ignorance.

The National Security Advisor does not have the authority nor the structure to "warn airports." If a warning was to be made to alert security officers, that was to have been done by the FAA and the DOT.

Forum List

Back