NY's Palodino: Let's create welfare prisons!

Nice try at diversion...

I have known clean and dirty poor people, just as I have known clean and dirty middle and upper class people

I did not support or go against this idea... I was asking where peepers got their conclusion from... and also stated that the thread title was misleading

It's not diversion. I'm asking whether you agree with Carl here. There is no gotcha question, it's quite simple really.

As stated... known dirty and clean poor people, just as I have in every other class of income.... I could say there are many from all over the spectrum that could use a class on how to make themselves presentable and how to wash the stink out of their swamp ass... but being poor does not make someone inherently in need of hygiene classes

I find it rather insulting that he's saying that people who grew up in dysfunctional families don't know how to do anything or clean themselves.

My childhood was probably one of the more dysfunctional out there, yet I never stayed dirty, I knew how to work (and did), as well as made something of myself by completing a full career in the military.

It's the fact that I survived being poor and living in dysfunctional places that makes me able to help people bail themselves out of the hole they've put themselves in via circumstance or choice (and most poor people aren't that way because they choose it).

It's assholes like this clown who have never had a problem in their lives because they were born with a silver spoon in their mouths that think everyone has the same opportunities as them.

I've got news for people like that...........orphans and foster kids generally don't have those kind of opportunities.

Please show where this was actually said by the guy... I can see where he said big social programs encourage people to live there.. but not where he 'does not want poor people in the state', etc

Well...

Throughout his campaign, Paladino has criticized New York's rich menu of social service benefits, which he says encourages illegal immigrants and needy people to live in the state.

What part of that is unclear?

Um... as stated, moron... I can see where he said that large social services draw more poor people in to get benefits... and I don't disagree agree with that... because people who want or need at the expense of others can and do migrate to where they get the most benefit

I am referring to your statement that he does not want poor people in the state

Last edited:
Or is this a way to route tax dollars to private prison facs?

Aha! That makes sense. There's probably a corporate buck to be made. Anytime you can divert public money to private hands, the Republicans are chomping at the bit and ready to go.

Because he is criticizing the very programs that allow them to live there - and admitting that he doesn't like the programs that "encourage" them to live there and THEN saying if he got into office, he would cut the budget by 20%. Which programs do YOU think he would cut, hmm? Like I said, it's pretty clear.

Or is this a way to route tax dollars to private prison facs?

Aha! That makes sense. There's probably a corporate buck to be made. Anytime you can divert public money to private hands, the Republicans are chomping at the bit and ready to go.

You got it Mr. Peepers. Cheney has a HUGE private prison system here in Texas, and part of that Arizona immigration bill was created because most of the prisons in AZ are privatized, and they want to privatize the rest of them.

Incidentally, it was a privatized prison that those 3 AZ convicts escaped from.

Personally? Some things should NOT be privatized.

Because he is criticizing the very programs that allow them to live there - and admitting that he doesn't like the programs that "encourage" them to live there and THEN saying if he got into office, he would cut the budget by 20%. Which programs do YOU think he would cut, hmm? Like I said, it's pretty clear.

Criticizing the programs of humongous size and expense in NY does not inherently equate to saying that he does not want poor people to live there...

I would cut out all welfare as well to get the budget down 20%... does not mean I hate poor people.. just that I think leeching off the governmental tit is not a good thing, that our government is not responsible for your personal needs, that charity is the proper place for assistance, and that more people would actually start taking jobs if not given freebies.... welfare is not any sort of help to get people going again, it is in my opinion an endless cycle of barely existing and a promotion of personal sloth

Yeah... you would call for state wealth redistribution and a tax rate of actual earners that is over 50% when all is calculated out at the federal level, in addition to a 25% VAT

Well, we've had wealth redistribution to the top 5% for a good many decades now and It's obviously not working out to our advantage... what do you suggest? I love that wealthy investment bankers pay 15% on their millions but I pay 40% on my income when all is said and done.

Last edited:
I would cut out all welfare as well to get the budget down 20%... does not mean I hate poor people.. just that I think leeching off the governmental tit is not a good thing, that our government is not responsible for your personal needs, that charity is the proper place for assistance, and that more people would actually start taking jobs if not given freebies.... welfare is not any sort of help to get people going again, it is in my opinion an endless cycle of barely existing and a promotion of personal sloth

Yes, yes, you want this to be a third world country with the elderly, needy and disabled begging for charity and dying in the streets. WE GET IT. When are you going to understand that there are not enough jobs out there for everyone to be employed enough to be totally self-suffiicient. Hell, there are not enough living wage jobs for those who have college degrees, even.

Yeah... you would call for state wealth redistribution and a tax rate of actual earners that is over 50% when all is calculated out at the federal level, in addition to a 25% VAT

Well, we've had wealth redistribution tothe top 5% for a good many decades now and It's obviously not working out to our advantage... what do you suggest? I love that wealthy investment bankers pay 15% on their millions but I pay 40% when all is said and done.

Ah... you're polishing off that old chestnut of a myth

You see.. the government has not been redistributing any income to the 'rich'... I would please invite you to cite the law or the entitlement program that hands out money from to poor to the rich at the hand of government... you see, allowing people to keep more of what they earn does not equate to redistribution, even though you left wingers like to make that the definition

I fucking suggest everyone pay the same motherfucking rate on every dollar earned.. no exceptions.. no vote buying zero taxation for some, no high taxation for jealousy and punishment.... and I suggest a huge reduction in the size of the government footprint

Seeing that welfare in itself seems to be a form of prison for so many, what he said may very well be an improvement even though I suppose he could have worded it better.

Here's a guy trying to come up with a way to get poor people in housing and the left, doesn't like it. I thought you liberal fucks was all about looking out for the poor. But noooo you bitch when somebody steps up with a suggestion. And you bitch about the remark about personal hygiene? Fact is dumbasses poverty can lead to poor nutrition and poor hygiene.

Yes, yes, you want this to be a third world country with the elderly, needy and disabled begging for charity and dying in the streets. WE GET IT. When are you going to understand that there are not enough jobs out there for everyone to be employed enough to be totally self-suffiicient. Hell, there are not enough living wage jobs for those who have college degrees, even.

College degree means nothing in terms of getting a job that you can survive on... even if you think it means you need the degree to work your dream job... want me to link you to the numerous jobs that people don't take because they think it is beneath them...?? And if you have to work 2 jobs or 80 hours or whatever else to take care of your personal needs, so be it... your discomfort or unwillingness to do what it takes still does not make your personal wants and needs the responsibility of the government nor of me

And nice try to make it seem that calling for personal responsibility equates to wanting the US to be a 'third world country'... not gonna fly though

you see, allowing people to keep more of what they earn does not equate to redistribution

It does when you constantly pass legislation, laws and regulations that favor the wealthy, which is exactly what has been going on.

Here's a guy trying to come up with a way to get poor people in housing and the left, doesn't like it. I thought you liberal fucks was all about looking out for the poor. But noooo you bitch when somebody steps up with a suggestion. And you bitch about the remark about personal hygiene? Fact is dumbasses poverty can lead to poor nutrition and poor hygiene.

How exactly does poverty "lead" to poor nutrition and poor hygiene?

Not everyone rolls around in cow crap like you do Dipshit No Logic.

you see, allowing people to keep more of what they earn does not equate to redistribution

It does when you constantly pass legislation, laws and regulations that favor the wealthy, which is exactly what has been going on.

Again... redistribution is taking from one and giving to another.. not allowing someone to keep more of what they already have earned...

And yet again... I am in favor of true equal treatment, not selective equal treatment... and all the good and bad that can comes with it...

And again.. please cite the legislation or program that uses the government as a facilitator to take monies from 'the poor' to redistribute those monies to the rich

Ah... you're polishing off that old chestnut of a myth

Myth? You've seen the income distribution gap charts, right. That is REAL. Do you really think that is good for the future of this country? Isn't that one of the major red flags that a country is on the precipice of sliding into third world status?

And nice try to make it seem that calling for personal responsibility equates to wanting the US to be a 'third world country'... not gonna fly though

That is EXACTLY what we would have here if you had your druthers. Why can't you see that?

How exactly does poverty "lead" to poor nutrition and poor hygiene?

Not everyone rolls around in cow crap like you do Dipshit No Logic.

Numerous ways, ever had your water shut off? Ever had to do without a toothbrush? How about deoderant, mouthwash, soap, shampoo....etc? Ever had to bath with three kids in a single tub or re-use the same bathwater? How about having to wear dirty clothes? The list goes on.....but I think you get the point.

The poor nutrition should go without saying.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back