What was your average day like when you were 14?...

Maybe the parent now wishes that they would have actually disciplined their child during the formative years.... then again, maybe the parent began the pattern of behavior themselves...

I'm guessing she's black and her single mother has other kids by other fathers.

So, quite different than my household at fourteen where I was taught right from wrong and that I was responsible and accountable for my actions and expected to do well in school, among a whole lot of other things this kid, and millions like her, don't get in their worlds.

Smoke a doob, go to school, come home, deliver a couple hundred newspapers, split some firewood and drink a few beers if it was winter, work in the yard other seasons.

When I was 14, I got my first job on the loading dock of the local newspaper, we thought of girls,beer and maybe sneaking a cigarette or joint behind the barn, not shooting people and we rode around with our deer rifles on our gun racks in our trucks all the time back then.

People in the inner city don't have a clue what a true good time is I guess.

When I was 14, I got my first job on the loading dock of the local newspaper, we thought of girls,beer and maybe sneaking a cigarette or joint behind the barn, not shooting people and we rode around with our deer rifles on our gun racks in our trucks all the time back then.

People in the inner city don't have a clue what a true good time is I guess.

Cuttin' Firewood with my Pa for the Winter... Playing Capture the Flag... Maybe Ravi-Knocking some houses and Running...

Occasionally TPing a House.

Sneakin' some Booze.

A Fist Fight after School that the Crowd would End when it was Obvious it was Over...

There is a Police Station @ my High School now...

We had the First Police Presence there in 1989 and that was over too many Fights... That was High School, not 14 year olds...

And Southside East Westminster ain't a Nice Area.

And example of a Girl in my Hood (a Friends little Sister) who got mixed up in Gangs in and around High School Age, she was Busted Breaking into Houses and Stealing Guns for the Gang she was with...

She is Entirely Detached from Society and has been a Drug Addict since her Young Teens.

She was an Abnormality 20 years ago... Something EVERYONE thought, wow, how did that happen...

I am Certain that this Girl in this Story is also involved with Drugs... It's Obvious she's Gang Related.

And I don't Think it's as shocking 20 Years Later...

And that's what the REAL Tragedy is.

:)

peace...

I wonder why mal never posts articles about white kids gone bad?

Why do you see Race in everything, Ravi?...

peace...

Why do you always post articles about black kids doing something wrong? Do you and Chanel get your stories from the same place?

From the Headlines?...

I didn't make her do it, if that's what you are Insinating...

I am FAR More Concerned about "14" than I am her Race...

Why do some of you only see Race?

peace...

At 14, after school I worked at a radio station as "record librarian" (vinyl 78's), which meant I had to re-file all the ones the DJs had used the previous day in alphabetical order by artist, then alphabetical by album name. Then I might wander home slowly, always on the lookout for 'Joe' who would be at one of four places hanging around trying to act like James Dean. (Be still, my heart...) Always had to be home for supper by 6, and the rest is boring.

i have the heartbreak of Psoriasis, i had to spend a minium of 8 hours in the sun.....so on nice days i was at the pool at ft bragg....on cloudy days i was under a sunlamp.....now i have skin cancer...the good kind....as my doc said....if you have to have cancer this is the kind to have

14? Probably playing video games with my cousins, studying my butt off and thinking of cute girls i liked.

i have the heartbreak of Psoriasis, i had to spend a minium of 8 hours in the sun.....so on nice days i was at the pool at ft bragg....on cloudy days i was under a sunlamp.....now i have skin cancer...the good kind....as my doc said....if you have to have cancer this is the kind to have

I just have really hairy palms as a result of my daily routine as a 14 yo.

Why do you see Race in everything, Ravi?...

peace...

Why do you always post articles about black kids doing something wrong? Do you and Chanel get your stories from the same place?

I've tried to find stories about Jewish kids doing something wrong, but I can't find any: can you?

It NEVER Ceases to Amaze how People can get Angry at Headlines News and other People Observing it...

And how they can be so Race Centered...

Most Rational People saw a Tragic Story of Youth Lost...

Ravi saw Skin Color.

peace...

Forum List

Back