NY's Attorney General Plans Investigations of Trump and Family

Remember that a state's indictment, prosecution and sentencing is beyond the "pardoning" powers of the WH.......The plot thickens..

New York Attorney General-elect Letitia James plans to launch sweeping investigations into President Donald Trump, his family and "anyone" in his circle who may have violated the law once she settles into her new job next month, NBC News reported.

She outlined some of the probes she intends to pursue with regard to the president, his businesses and his family members. They include the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Russian official, any illegalities involving Trump's real estate holdings in New York and continuing to probe the Trump Foundation.

Incoming NY AG Plans Investigations of Trump and Family
good luck with that.

I do other things. How has it felt thinking Hillary was going to prison for the last 40 years?
She lost so that’s good enough for now. Especially if she keeps rambling on like an unhinged loser with something to hide. Does your life revolve around thinking Trump will get arrested? Hahah. Sad!
Oh so your hoaxes against Hillary are justified because she lost? Okay, then enjoy all the lawsuits about to come up against Trump! :thup:
If Hillary was a republican, you would do a complete 180 regarding your posts, BlackFlag.
There is no doubt about that.
Let the taxpayers of New York flip the bill of the investigation. They deserve it when they come up with double 0's.
After all, the state of New York is just flush with money.
For 2 years I've been calling on you retards to investigate Hillary. You know there's nothing there, so you refuse. 2 years you've had total control of government.

No reason to investigate Hillary. It’s been shown she’s above the law. I don’t agree with the righties here who think it’s just a matter of time until she’s in prison OR that there should be any investigations into her. Been there, done that. She was found to have committed wrongdoing and let off the hook.

I would hope if she were president now the Republicans wouldn’t be pulling what the Dems are on Trump but I’m sure they would be.

Unfortunately, this is how the shit show that has evolved into US politics works.

What the fuck is this? This woman is plainly saying "I intend to investigate Trump and his family until I find some crime they may have committed" how can you folks applaud this? Seriously

OldLady
Isn't it the AG's job to look into claims of illegal doings, Donovan? All of the things she listed are issues that have come up, haven't they? I confess I have not been following the details of all this, just waiting on the final report from Mueller. But if he did crimes in Manhattan, I suppose she'd have to investigate, wouldn't she?

No Old Lady, that is not how our justice system is supposed to work at all. In our system, the Justice Department is supposed to investigate actual crimes to discover who may have committed them. That isn't what this woman is doing at all. It isn't what Mueller is doing either, and it isn't right.

We don't use the justice department to investigate suspected crimes, or rather we're not supposed to. And we most certainly aren't supposed to use the Justice Department to investigate people we don't like until we find something they have done illegally , which is obviously what is going on here.

I'm not usually a supporter of OldLady, but you are wrong. Investigating crimes is EXACTLY the role of the Justice Department. You can't find out if people have done something illegally unless you investigate allegations of criminal behavior. I think what you intended to say was that we don't investigate people over political differences, but the Justice Department must investigate suspected crimes.

WTF? No sir, we don't investigate people to find out if they have committed crimes in this country. That is just stupid

Then how do we find out if crimes have been committed? How do we gather evidence to assign blame for criminal behavior and then indict people? There are investigations.

We say "oh here's a crime, let's investigate and see who committed it" that is NOT what this idiotic woman is saying she's going to do. She is saying she is going to investigate the hell out of EVERYTHING associated with Trump until she finds a crime.

This is the same thing Mueller is doing, he's just investigating everyone and everything associated with Trump until he finds crimes . That's not right.

I'm not saying anyone should get away with criminal behavior, but we can't allow our government to just criminally investigate people we don't like until a crime is discovered. That's bullshit. Okay all you idiots who are cheering this on b/c you hate Trump, imagine if Trump said " I hate that guy who posts on USMB, find out who is and investigate him or her and their family until you find a crime they have committed" you would be rightfully pissed.

Isn't it the AG's job to look into claims of illegal doings, Donovan? All of the things she listed are issues that have come up, haven't they? I confess I have not been following the details of all this, just waiting on the final report from Mueller. But if he did crimes in Manhattan, I suppose she'd have to investigate, wouldn't she?

No Old Lady, that is not how our justice system is supposed to work at all. In our system, the Justice Department is supposed to investigate actual crimes to discover who may have committed them. That isn't what this woman is doing at all. It isn't what Mueller is doing either, and it isn't right.

We don't use the justice department to investigate suspected crimes, or rather we're not supposed to. And we most certainly aren't supposed to use the Justice Department to investigate people we don't like until we find something they have done illegally , which is obviously what is going on here.

I'm not usually a supporter of OldLady, but you are wrong. Investigating crimes is EXACTLY the role of the Justice Department. You can't find out if people have done something illegally unless you investigate allegations of criminal behavior. I think what you intended to say was that we don't investigate people over political differences, but the Justice Department must investigate suspected crimes.

WTF? No sir, we don't investigate people to find out if they have committed crimes in this country. That is just stupid

Then how do we find out if crimes have been committed? How do we gather evidence to assign blame for criminal behavior and then indict people? There are investigations.

We say "oh here's a crime, let's investigate and see who committed it" that is NOT what this idiotic woman is saying she's going to do. She is saying she is going to investigate the hell out of EVERYTHING associated with Trump until she finds a crime.

This is the same thing Mueller is doing, he's just investigating everyone and everything associated with Trump until he finds crimes . That's not right.

I'm not saying anyone should get away with criminal behavior, but we can't allow our government to just criminally investigate people we don't like until a crime is discovered. That's bullshit. Okay all you idiots who are cheering this on b/c you hate Trump, imagine if Trump said " I hate that guy who posts on USMB, find out who is and investigate him or her and their family until you find a crime they have committed" you would be rightfully pissed.

there are actually people in the world who justify "tisch shit"

I do other things. How has it felt thinking Hillary was going to prison for the last 40 years?
She lost so that’s good enough for now. Especially if she keeps rambling on like an unhinged loser with something to hide. Does your life revolve around thinking Trump will get arrested? Hahah. Sad!
Oh so your hoaxes against Hillary are justified because she lost? Okay, then enjoy all the lawsuits about to come up against Trump! :thup:
If Hillary was a republican, you would do a complete 180 regarding your posts, BlackFlag.
There is no doubt about that.
Let the taxpayers of New York flip the bill of the investigation. They deserve it when they come up with double 0's.
After all, the state of New York is just flush with money.
For 2 years I've been calling on you retards to investigate Hillary. You know there's nothing there, so you refuse. 2 years you've had total control of government.
Well, see how you use the words "YOU" and "YOU'VE", I guess you're referring to 'ME'. So, if I had any pull in the justice dept, Hillary wouldn't
have gotten away with the criminal acts that she has committed . That, you could take to the bank, son. If I did have control of the justice dept, she would be in prison right now.

Fine with me, but pump the brakes. You'd still need to give her due process first. It's called the Department of Justice for a reason.

We investigate crimes when one has been committed; we don’t poke around to see if we can stir something up.

That is NOT what was said. The statement was that we don't "investigate suspected crimes". In fact, until there is an allegation of a crime (a suspected crime) there should be no "investigation" at all.

How do New York tax payers feel having their money wasted on mindless investigations like this? The hoax has been going on three years already. Now this New York attorney general is trying to pull this stunt. What a joke these Trump haters have become. While the mindless sheep join in.
We sent AOC to Congress, that tells you all you need to know about how far down democrats have already run the State

Look, I get that she's young and naive, but she hasn't even assumed office yet. So very winger of you to shit on her before she can even begin the job.

How do New York tax payers feel having their money wasted on mindless investigations like this? The hoax has been going on three years already. Now this New York attorney general is trying to pull this stunt. What a joke these Trump haters have become. While the mindless sheep join in.
We sent AOC to Congress, that tells you all you need to know about how far down democrats have already run the State

Look, I get that she's young and naive, but she hasn't even assumed office yet. So very winger of you to shit on her before she can even begin the job.

who is "young and naïve"?

who is "young and naïve"?

Ocasio Cortez.

And what I'm saying is that if there's an allegation of a crime, it must be investigated to determine if there is evidence of a crime. And, if that evidence is not found, the matter should be dropped; but if evidence that a crime was commited can be found and it points to a specific person committing that crime, the investigation usually will lead to indictment, trial and a verdict.

We investigate crimes when one has been committed; we don’t poke around to see if we can stir something up.

That is NOT what was said. The statement was that we don't "investigate suspected crimes". In fact, until there is an allegation of a crime (a suspected crime) there should be no "investigation" at all.

You better go watch the interview again, and PS we don't investigate suspected crimes anyway. We investigate ACTUAL crimes that have been committed , or crimes that we know are being planned.

Surely you aren't stupid enough to believe every allegation of a crime is investigated simply because the allegation was made.

Liberals are pathetic.

And what I'm saying is that if there's an allegation of a crime, it must be investigated to determine if there is evidence of a crime. And, if that evidence is not found, the matter should be dropped; but if evidence that a crime was commited can be found and it points to a specific person committing that crime, the investigation usually will lead to indictment, trial and a verdict.
There has to be Evidence of a crime, allegations or poking around to see if you can dig one up don’t work in the USA.
You would do well in commie land

You better go watch the interview again, and PS we don't investigate suspected crimes anyway. We investigate ACTUAL crimes that have been committed , or crimes that we know are being planned.

Surely you aren't stupid enough to believe every allegation of a crime is investigated simply because the allegation was made.

Liberals are pathetic.

Until there is an investigation, how do you know if an "actual crime" has been committed? You have some "spidey-sense" that tells you it happened?

Liberals are pathetic.

anyone got a LINK to the interview? I am fascinated.

Liberals are pathetic.

Until there is an investigation, how do you know if an "actual crime" has been committed? You have some "spidey-sense" that tells you it happened?

are you fucking serious moron?

I'm done with this conversation, you are just being a dishonest pile of shit.

There has to be Evidence of a crime, allegations or poking around to see if you can dig one up don’t work in the USA.
You would do well in commie land

Indeed there has to be evidence of a crime, in the form of an allegation or physical evidence, to lead to an investigation to determine who committed the crime. I'm not the one who claims that we'll use ESP to determine that an "actual crime" was committed and who should be prosecuted. People like you are either careless with your words or stupid. I'm not sure which is at play here.

Liberals are pathetic.

Nothing I've said has been dishonest and you are free to go. If I may offer you some advice, next time you decide to troll, ensure you're saying what you mean or you'll look as ignorant then as you look now.

Liberals are pathetic.

No he is not dumb. He is part of the prove yourself innocent brood hatched out of the ass of chickens. They believe in digging around to see what might be found

They are digging into trump simply because of politics. you people are fuckin demented.

When you dig and find a trove of misdeeds, what are you supposed to do???

Check out the "digging" into the Clintons......because of politics

Check out the "digging" into Obama........Because of politics

Liberals are pathetic.

No he is not dumb. He is part of the prove yourself innocent brood hatched out of the ass of chickens. They believe in digging around to see what might be found

Again, that's YOUR assumption. I take the "innocent until proven guilty" point of view. And, if you go back, I NEVER said I believe in digging around to see what might be found. In fact, I'm saying exactly the opposite, There has to be an investigation of allegations or evidence that a crime was committed. If evidence is found that a crime was committed and who committed it, it should be prosecuted.

Forum List

Back