NY's Attorney General Plans Investigations of Trump and Family

What the fuck is this? This woman is plainly saying "I intend to investigate Trump and his family until I find some crime they may have committed" how can you folks applaud this? Seriously

Defend the clown all you want.........it'll just give you constipation.

Cohen's involvement is part of a broadening state investigation into the Trump Foundation, and Cohen's willingness to cooperate with a state subpoena this week could provide an immediate legal problem for the Trump White House as it grapples separately with the Mueller investigation.

"One of the things about going after the Trump Foundation as opposed to going after Trump the person is that the arguments can’t be raised that you can’t sue a president while he's president, or you can’t bring criminal proceedings against a president," said Vincent Bonventre, a professor at the Albany Law School.

The case against the Trump Foundation received a boost this week when the state Taxation and Finance Department subpoenaed Cohen, and he signaled his willingness to cooperate, according to state officials.

Barbara Underwood, the New York attorney general, filed a civil suit in June accusing Trump and his foundation of illegal conduct for more than a decade.

Now the state tax department is looking into any potential criminality as it pertains to New York tax laws because the foundation is based in the state.

Trump Foundation: How New York's growing case could impact the president

Again, only an idiot doesn't realize these investigations are politically motivated. So either you are in favor of politically motivated investigations or you are an idiot, or I guess both could be true.

What the fuck is this? This woman is plainly saying "I intend to investigate Trump and his family until I find some crime they may have committed" how can you folks applaud this? Seriously

Cohen's involvement is part of a broadening state investigation into the Trump Foundation, and Cohen's willingness to cooperate with a state subpoena this week could provide an immediate legal problem for the Trump White House as it grapples separately with the Mueller investigation.

"One of the things about going after the Trump Foundation as opposed to going after Trump the person is that the arguments can’t be raised that you can’t sue a president while he's president, or you can’t bring criminal proceedings against a president," said Vincent Bonventre, a professor at the Albany Law School.

The case against the Trump Foundation received a boost this week when the state Taxation and Finance Department subpoenaed Cohen, and he signaled his willingness to cooperate, according to state officials.

Barbara Underwood, the New York attorney general, filed a civil suit in June accusing Trump and his foundation of illegal conduct for more than a decade.

Now the state tax department is looking into any potential criminality as it pertains to New York tax laws because the foundation is based in the state.

Again, only an idiot doesn't realize these investigations are politically motivated. So either you are in favor of politically motivated investigations or you are an idiot, or I guess both could be true.

We, the ones with a brain, are intent on criminal regime's being brought to their knees and prosecuted. The GOP has been trying to do that to the Clinton's for decades. Don't tell me that it wasn't "politically motivated."

We, the ones with a brain, are intent on criminal regime's being brought to their knees and prosecuted. The GOP has been trying to do that to the Clinton's for decades. Don't tell me that it wasn't "politically motivated."

Of course it was and it was wrong too. You gonna allow idiots to turn you into an idiot yourself? Not me.

I'll try to make it simple given the simplest minds with Trump acolytes.

The job description for any state AG is to investigate crimes that may have been committed within that state's jurisdiction.

The Trump Foundation (aka, Trump) may have committed crimes such as money laundering, tax ecasion, etc.

The ONLY way to prove that such crimes may have occurred, is through an investigation.

THEREFORE, the NY state AG is doing EXACTLY what the job description entails.

(Of course, in your world, there are exemptions for orange folks.)

Remember that a state's indictment, prosecution and sentencing is beyond the "pardoning" powers of the WH.......The plot thickens..

New York Attorney General-elect Letitia James plans to launch sweeping investigations into President Donald Trump, his family and "anyone" in his circle who may have violated the law once she settles into her new job next month, NBC News reported.

She outlined some of the probes she intends to pursue with regard to the president, his businesses and his family members. They include the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Russian official, any illegalities involving Trump's real estate holdings in New York and continuing to probe the Trump Foundation.

Incoming NY AG Plans Investigations of Trump and Family

OldLady
Isn't it the AG's job to look into claims of illegal doings, Donovan? All of the things she listed are issues that have come up, haven't they? I confess I have not been following the details of all this, just waiting on the final report from Mueller. But if he did crimes in Manhattan, I suppose she'd have to investigate, wouldn't she?

Isn't it the AG's job to look into claims of illegal doings, Donovan? All of the things she listed are issues that have come up, haven't they? I confess I have not been following the details of all this, just waiting on the final report from Mueller. But if he did crimes in Manhattan, I suppose she'd have to investigate, wouldn't she?

The irony is that Trump could probably have lived the rest of his miserable life without so much scrutiny of his business misdeeds......BUT, he chose the political limelight ......lol

The irony is that Trump could probably have lived the rest of his miserable life without so much scrutiny of his business misdeeds......BUT, he chose the political limelight ......lol
I wonder how many other businessmen operate just the same way? Certainly, some of his buddies have run into trouble since they hung with him after he got to the WH.

I wonder how many other businessmen operate just the same way? Certainly, some of his buddies have run into trouble since they hung with him after he got to the WH.

My dear, as Trump's legal woes progress, attendance at Mar-A-Lago will considerably decrease.

Remember that a state's indictment, prosecution and sentencing is beyond the "pardoning" powers of the WH.......The plot thickens..

New York Attorney General-elect Letitia James plans to launch sweeping investigations into President Donald Trump, his family and "anyone" in his circle who may have violated the law once she settles into her new job next month, NBC News reported.

She outlined some of the probes she intends to pursue with regard to the president, his businesses and his family members. They include the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Russian official, any illegalities involving Trump's real estate holdings in New York and continuing to probe the Trump Foundation.

OldLady

No Old Lady, that is not how our justice system is supposed to work at all. In our system, the Justice Department is supposed to investigate actual crimes to discover who may have committed them. That isn't what this woman is doing at all. It isn't what Mueller is doing either, and it isn't right.

We don't use the justice department to investigate suspected crimes, or rather we're not supposed to. And we most certainly aren't supposed to use the Justice Department to investigate people we don't like until we find something they have done illegally , which is obviously what is going on here.

OldLady

By the way Old Lady, this woman hasn't even began the job yet, she didn't work in the office, in any capacity, as of right now she has no idea what there is and isn't to investigate about Trump, and she doesn't care. She's just going to investigate Trump because Trump. I TRULY thought you were better than that.

Nice to have the vengeful emotionally addled bitch declare that she is going to take the state of N.Y. and start a witch hunt on the President from the state level even before she has taken office or examined anything. Prejudice much??
Time for these presumptuous, pretentious shit for brains to be placed in a padded cell

Last edited:

OldLady

No Old Lady, that is not how our justice system is supposed to work at all. In our system, the Justice Department is supposed to investigate actual crimes to discover who may have committed them. That isn't what this woman is doing at all. It isn't what Mueller is doing either, and it isn't right.

We don't use the justice department to investigate suspected crimes, or rather we're not supposed to. And we most certainly aren't supposed to use the Justice Department to investigate people we don't like until we find something they have done illegally , which is obviously what is going on here.

I'm not usually a supporter of OldLady, but you are wrong. Investigating crimes is EXACTLY the role of the Justice Department. You can't find out if people have done something illegally unless you investigate allegations of criminal behavior. I think what you intended to say was that we don't investigate people over political differences, but the Justice Department must investigate suspected crimes.

OldLady

I'm not usually a supporter of OldLady, but you are wrong. Investigating crimes is EXACTLY the role of the Justice Department. You can't find out if people have done something illegally unless you investigate allegations of criminal behavior. I think what you intended to say was that we don't investigate people over political differences, but the Justice Department must investigate suspected crimes.

WTF? No sir, we don't investigate people to find out if they have committed crimes in this country. That is just stupid

OldLady

WTF? No sir, we don't investigate people to find out if they have committed crimes in this country. That is just stupid

Then how do we find out if crimes have been committed? How do we gather evidence to assign blame for criminal behavior and then indict people? There are investigations.

OldLady

Then how do we find out if crimes have been committed? How do we gather evidence to assign blame for criminal behavior and then indict people? There are investigations.
We investigate crimes when one has been committed; we don’t poke around to see if we can stir something up.

Did Letitia James ever play football with Michelle Obama/Michael Robinson?

She looks like she'd make a heck of a linebacker....

We investigate crimes when one has been committed; we don’t poke around to see if we can stir something up.
Tell that to the DEA

Tell that to the DEA

you have some DEA poking about which you know?

Forum List

Back