NYPD Thwarts Terror Bomb Plot -- Suspect Under Arrest

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Man Arrested and Charged in Bomb Plot
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM

Updated 7:47 p.m. | The authorities have arrested a man who law enforcement officials believe was planning to build and detonate a bomb in New York with government workers, returning military personnel and elected officials as the target, two people briefed on the case said on Sunday.

Cyrus R. Vance Jr., the Manhattan district attorney, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly of the New York Police Department announced the charges against the man at a Sunday evening news conference at City Hall.

The man was arrested within the last 24 hours.

The defendant in the case, identified as Jose Pimentel, 27, had bought bomb-making materials and “began to build them,” said one person briefed on the case, who added that the Police Department had had the man under surveillance for about a year.

Man Arrested and Charged in Bomb Plot - NYTimes.com

RGS --

some police are good. some aren't. NYPD did a good job with the OWS people the other day, whether i agreed or not. Oakland? buncha thugs.

it's really not complicated.

but thanks for trolling. :thup:

RGS --

some police are good. some aren't. NYPD did a good job with the OWS people the other day, whether i agreed or not. Oakland? buncha thugs.

it's really not complicated.

but thanks for trolling. :thup:

You call this trolling, but what you do in every thread started by a person from the right not trolling? Sure thing.

The guy has been under surveillance for at least a year ( the story I read said 2) I think that predates the OWS movement by just a little. But I am waiting for the left to claim he was a member of the Tea Party.

nahh.. probably some right wing survivalist terrorist just like Timothy McVeigh.

neither... sorry to disappoint you both.

muslim terrorist... if you bother to read the article.

He used a magazine from a Muslim terror group but I fail to see where the cops identified his religion. Also they very clearly stated he was a lone wolf. He is a nutter.

from the article:
Mr. Pimentel, who is also known as Muhammad Yusuf....

also from the article:

....building a bomb and supporting the mujahedeen

Last edited:

He used a magazine from a Muslim terror group but I fail to see where the cops identified his religion. Also they very clearly stated he was a lone wolf. He is a nutter.

from the article:
Mr. Pimentel, who is also known as Muhammad Yusuf....

Ahh missed that. Then technically he is a CONSERVATIVE, LOL. Just not quite as sane as ours.

ows no doubt

nahh.. probably some right wing survivalist terrorist just like Timothy McVeigh.

Mr. Pimentel, who is also known as Muhammad Yusuf, will face charges that include criminal possession of a weapon in the first degree as a crime of terrorism, which is considered an A-1 violent felony.

so where are the feds?

Whether or not he's affiliated with some group, I'm just thankful that the OWS didn't distract the police from stopping this idiot.

Whether or not he's affiliated with some group, I'm just thankful that the OWS didn't distract the police from stopping this idiot.

you overestimate the stress the OWS is putting on NY

unless you're down at the park or walk into one of the few marches, you don't really know they're there.

Forum List

Back