NY Post Cartoon: Racist?

How about this guy taking some damned responsibility for what he created.

If this cartoonist and editor were truely SURPRIZED that people might take offense at referancing the first black admin as monkeys then they should be working elsewhere ....like ..... maybe McDonnalds.
If you feel so strongly about it write to them and complain.

Me, I don't think people should be so afraid of offending others that the second guess everything they do, or keep a list on their computer of what may and may not offend someone. Hope to God I don't mess up today and say the word chimp aloud.

All of human society is set up with people being affraid to break the norms. As a society we get to PICK what they are. I want a society that finds racism aborant along with child beating , rape , murder, talking about sex in front of children, wishing death on people who disagree with you and a few others. I like the idea that insulting people because of how they were born being in that grouping.

Why do so many others here not think that is one issue that is worthy of societal scorn?

nice deflection but no one is saying racism is fine. i just don't agree that the subject at hand is racist.

How about this guy taking some damned responsibility for what he created.

If this cartoonist and editor were truely SURPRIZED that people might take offense at referancing the first black admin as monkeys then they should be working elsewhere ....like ..... maybe McDonnalds.
If you feel so strongly about it write to them and complain.

Me, I don't think people should be so afraid of offending others that the second guess everything they do, or keep a list on their computer of what may and may not offend someone. Hope to God I don't mess up today and say the word chimp aloud.

All of human society is set up with people being affraid to break the norms. As a society we get to PICK what they are. I want a society that finds racism aborant along with child beating , rape , murder, talking about sex in front of children, wishing death on people who disagree with you and a few others. I like the idea that insulting people because of how they were born being in that grouping.

Why do so many others here not think that is one issue that is worthy of societal scorn?
Prolly because none of us think the cartoon was meant to be racist. Making something that isn't racist into racism is stupid and does nothing but make people like Al Sharpton look like fools.

Two stories in the news: A wild Chimpanzee wreaking havoc and a President pushing a 'stimulus' bill. The Chimp was killed before he could cause anymore harm. It appears the artist wanted the 'stimulus' bill killed before it could cause any harm to the country. In the cartoon, the dead Chimpanzee represents Obama and therefore a defeated 'stimulus' bill. So what did I miss?

Here again the remarks are all centered arround that idea that you get to deside who is offened by what.

Listen to yourselfs people.

You are giving shit to black people and people like me for being offended by the cartoon.

You are saying we dont have a right to be offended unlessd you give us permission.

Black people are lying about being offened unless you give them permission to be offended?

The cartoon wasn't even funny, actually. But I've got to go take a shower...agreeing with wingnuts is a dirty business.

:cool:

Two stories in the news: A wild Chimpanzee wreaking havoc and a President pushing a 'stimulus' bill. The Chimp was killed before he could cause anymore harm. It appears the artist wanted the 'stimulus' bill killed before it could cause any harm to the country. In the cartoon, the dead Chimpanzee represents Obama and therefore a defeated 'stimulus' bill. So what did I miss?

the part about the chimp representing obama is wrong, IMO.

Here again the remarks are all centered arround that idea that you get to deside who is offened by what.

You are giving shit to black people and people like me for being offended by the cartoon.

You are saying we dont have a right to be offended unlessd you give us permission.

Black people are lying about being offened unless you give them permission to be offended?

bullshit, bullshit,, blullshit.. bullshit.

show me where someone said you needed permission to be offended, liar.
i'll wait.

I admit I'm confused here. Who were the cops talking about when they said, "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill"?

OMG! Everything is about race with people. Its a freaking cartoon. Everyone looks way to much into things. Again ITS A FREAKING CARTOON. Im so SICK! of hearing a white guy shot a black guy HE MUST BE RACIST! Everything that happened back then happened a hundred years or so ago. The only thing I consider racist is BET, Black History month (because god forbid there was a White History Month) All black colleges (again, cause god forbid there was an all white college. Those are things i consider racist.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

I admit I'm confused here. Who were the cops talking about when they said, "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill"?

again, IMO, congress. they wrote the current one, no?

So the consensus on the right here is that black people need your permission to be offened by anything huh?

No, the consensus is that just because a black person is offended by something doesn't award the offense with a "racist!" gold star.

I don't think they should have run the cartoon, though I believe the point wasn't that Obama looks like a chimp, but that the bail out is a ridiculous piece of work. We suffered through years of having Bush portrayed as a chimp...but that was okay because his skin wasn't black,he just shared physical characteristics of a chimp (don't we all?).

But honestly, whoever gave the okay to run that cartoon needs a little time out because I don't think anyone could look at it and not know it was going to stir up all sorts of flak.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

except the one chimp went crazy and almost killed a lady eating out her eyes :)

I think it was meant as the 800 pound gorills....also when I think of the chimps behind this bill...i think of pelosi and reid not obama

If you think Obama then you guys are the racists ones maybe?

Cartoons do offend. Remember the Danish cartoons that offended Muslims everywhere?! This is a racist cartoon against the Black president. And people have the right to be outrageous against it

This "protest" is Sharpton getting even.

Believe otherwise and risk being labelled a dolt.

Believing your post risks being a dolt.

What Sharpton says or not does not make this racist or not. It is or it isn't irregardless of Sharpton. There were a lot more blacks and whites who consider it racist.

Seeing as how blacks have been compared to monkeys in the "past" this can easily be seen as a racist reference to Obama when the stimulus remark is added.

At the least it is in very poor taste since our president half black and the stimulus plan is mostly associated with him.

Ah, that's makes sense. So perhaps the bullet-ridden chimp represents the 'Stimulus' bill and the cops just killed it.

except the one chimp went crazy and almost killed a lady eating out her eyes :)

I think it was meant as the 800 pound gorills....also when I think of the chimps behind this bill...i think of pelosi and reid not obama

If you think Obama then you guys are the racists ones maybe?

So white people should be offended! Did some black guy draw this cartoon? RACIST BLACK PEOPLE! :lol:

Ah, that's makes sense. So perhaps the bullet-ridden chimp represents the 'Stimulus' bill and the cops just killed it.

that's probably it. it wasn't a particularly good cartoon anyway, but i don't think the artist had obama in mind when he drew it.

Cartoons do offend. Remember the Danish cartoons that offended Muslims everywhere?! This is a racist cartoon against the Black president. And people have the right to be outrageous against it

go ahead and be outrageous,, we will watch! :lol:

Forum List

Back