NY cabbie is stabbed multiple times after confirming he was a muslim

The guy had to ask if a NYC cabbie was a Muslim?

I have a friend that lives within 6 blocks of the airport. She takes a taxi frequently and she absolutely hates it when they send the Muslims because they treat her like trash. They won't talk to her, the won't even pick up her suitcases unless she makes a big deal out of it.

Cabbies aren't supposed to do anything for you other than drive. The "Muslims" usually don't talk to me or haul my crap around, either. Nobody does.

I have a friend that lives within 6 blocks of the airport. She takes a taxi frequently and she absolutely hates it when they send the Muslims because they treat her like trash. They won't talk to her, the won't even pick up her suitcases unless she makes a big deal out of it.

Cabbies aren't supposed to do anything for you other than drive. The "Muslims" usually don't talk to me or haul my crap around, either. Nobody does.
Try batting your eyelashes at them. :lol:

Seriously, they don't stow and un-stow your luggage?

Maybe it is her attitude. I've never once had a cab driver that was rude or unresponsive to picking up and stowing my luggage. :confused: Muslim or not.

Nice try Ravi, but she's a sweet lady. She's just had a lot of bad cab drivers, and I don't blame her for her attitude toward them...how many jerks should a person have to put up with before they can ask NOT to have that type of person come get them anymore without it be considered a hate crime?

:lol:

Then I might be stabbed.

Nope. I've never thought to ask and don't really need them to.

Maybe it is her attitude. I've never once had a cab driver that was rude or unresponsive to picking up and stowing my luggage. :confused: Muslim or not.

I learned a long time ago, and I'm sure some here would confirm that I frequently forget, that if the argument is a constant, and the only change is in the faces one is arguing with, it's time to do some Soul searching. Duct tape her mouth and take her for a tour of the city, changing cab's frequently. (Only Kidding). How about her spending some time in the subway, so she can maybe better compare. :lol:

I told you....the mad, the hate they created isn't going to die soon just because they pick another site.....

They should have given up on this site much, much sooner. They spread the hate, they reap the benefits and it's the innocent who pay......

If they did built this Mosque where they want, I predict it wouldn't be standing long.....that's not hate, that's logic. There are fanatics in all religions, the Islamic fanatics are just more obvious.

Thought I'd bump this one....it's special....
Yeah, that one is pretty awful. Embarrassing, really.

Yeah, right, it's terrible to acknowledge that there are hate filled fanatics in all religions and that the Muslims building this mosque on ground zero is in such bad taste that some religious zealots from the other side are going to take them out.

Like I said, all religions have their fanatics, the Muslims are just more open about it.

Interesting how you will attack Christians at the first opportunity but when I point out that some of them may be off their rocker and try to get back at the Muslims for their lack of manners and bad taste, you're all over me...

Get a clue....

I've lived in NY my whole life and that isn't generally my experience. The drivers get paid per bag and they always put them in the trunk for me. If they don't get out of the car, i'd ask them to. most like to talk.... not all. some like talking on their cell phones or listening to music. makes me no nevermind either way. i don't think i'd generalize about personalites of drivers based on nationality. ask your friend what her experience has been with russian drivers.

and i don't know how your friend talks to them, but generally, if you talk nicely to the drivers, smile at them and are polite, it goes pretty well.

Nice try Ravi, but she's a sweet lady. She's just had a lot of bad cab drivers, and I don't blame her for her attitude toward them...how many jerks should a person have to put up with before they can ask NOT to have that type of person come get them anymore without it be considered a hate crime?

In all fairness 6 blocks from the Airport is a problem. Try a Limo service. The cab's wait in long lines, in hopes of scoring a good fare. They get screwed on short rides like that. That's why they get pissed off, especially a drop off. A car service will do her better that way.

I learned a long time ago, and I'm sure some here would confirm that I frequently forget, that if the argument is a constant, and the only change is in the faces one is arguing with, it's time to do some Soul searching. Duct tape her mouth and take her for a tour of the city, changing cab's frequently. (Only Kidding). How about her spending some time in the subway, so she can maybe better compare. :lol:

You know, I was there one of those days when they sent a muslim cabbie. He was rude to me too.....First of all, he didn't even pull in the driveway...then I went out and asked him to (politely), he never said one word to me...or my friend. He didn't want to pick up our luggage, I ended up putting it in the trunk, and taking it out when we got to the airport. And trust me, that's one of the things we tip cabbies for....

I've taken a lot of cabs and I usually spend the ride talking to the driver. Until I went with her, I didn't believe her either...

In all fairness 6 blocks from the Airport is a problem. Try a Limo service. The cab's wait in long lines, in hopes of scoring a good fare. They get screwed on short rides like that. That's why they get pissed off, especially a drop off. A car service will do her better that way.

Gee, maybe if they didn't get so pissed off, they'd get a bigger tip and the trip would be worthwhile for them. BTW, coming back we got a white driver and he was a joy.....

actually, they are supposed to put your bags in the car. that's why they are able to charge per bag. additionally:

As a taxi rider, you have the right to:
A driver who has and uses E-ZPass at all toll crossings that accept it, and who charges passengers the discounted E-Z Pass rate;
Pay for your ride with credit/debit card;
Go to any destination in NYC, Westchester, Nassau, or Newark Airport;
Direct the route taken: The most direct route or one of your choice;
A safe and courteous driver who obeys all traffic laws;
A knowledgeable driver who speaks English and knows City geography;
Air conditioning or heat on request;
A noise free trip: no horn honking or radio;
Clean air. smoke and scent free air;
Working seatbelts for all passengers;
A clean taxicab: interior, exterior and partition;
Be accompanied by a service animal;
A driver who does not use a cell phone while driving (hand-held or hands free);
Decline to tip for poor service.

Taxicab Rider Bill of Rights - NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission

Gee, maybe if they didn't get so pissed off, they'd get a bigger tip and the trip would be worthwhile for them. BTW, coming back we got a white driver and he was a joy.....

I bet it's the six block thing. The tip usually isn't going to cover the loss. What Airport???

Try a car service instead next time, just to see.

As I see it, one drunk a-hole stabbed a hard working American, who was doing him a service, because this a-hole is so out of touch with the makeup of our country and thinks he is the almighty race and follows the almighty religion. I might be wrong but I'm guessing the a-hole who stabbed that poor guy was a caucasian Christian. Just a hunch.

As I see it, one drunk a-hole stabbed a hard working American, who was doing him a service, because this a-hole is so out of touch with the makeup of our country and thinks he is the almighty race and follows the almighty religion. I might be wrong but I'm guessing the a-hole who stabbed that poor guy was a caucasian Christian. Just a hunch.

Uh... He was a volunteer with a Christian Church group. If it turns out that he has other problems, where does that leave you??? You had me for most of the first sentence, but then you abandoned reason. Try harder. ;)

Yeah, right, it's terrible to acknowledge that there are hate filled fanatics in all religions and that the Muslims building this mosque on ground zero is in such bad taste that some religious zealots from the other side are going to take them out.

Like I said, all religions have their fanatics, the Muslims are just more open about it.

Interesting how you will attack Christians at the first opportunity but when I point out that some of them may be off their rocker and try to get back at the Muslims for their lack of manners and bad taste, you're all over me...

Get a clue....

Go ahead, excuse what you said. :eusa_eh:

Uh... He was a volunteer with a Christian Church group. If it turns out that he has other problems, where does that leave you??? You had me for most of the first sentence, but then you abandoned reason. Try harder. ;)

+1 The first half of the sentance reeled me in and then bam you go all crazy up in here, lol.

Last edited:
:lol:

Then I might be stabbed.

Nope. I've never thought to ask and don't really need them to.
Okay, that makes sense. It is my experience that all cabbies like tips and they will do what they need to to receive them. I have never noticed that one ethnic group and/or religious group was ruder or more pleasant than another.

Get a clue....
You don't know me very well, but I despise fundamentalists of any religion. And IMO, you are a fundamentalist in attitude.

Yes, anyone who doesn't want a Mosque build on ground zero (and where the landing gear landed counts, imo) where 19 Islamic fanatics killed 3000 people is full of hatred.

yep, pretty much. private property and religious freedoms trump emotions in all cases or our freedoms mean nothing

legal rights and moral rights are two different things.....

The perception of what is Moral is subjective. I present this from strictly philosophical standpoint, and not in reference to the 9/11 attacks. That was objectively morally abhorrent. I am speaking of moral relativism. Don't put "moral rights" next to "legal rights" next to eachother. Legal rights are based on documents that can't be argued with and can be conjured up in a court of law. Moral rights can be argued day to day and change with each person, to a certain degree.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back