NY cabbie is stabbed multiple times after confirming he was a muslim

yep, pretty much. private property and religious freedoms trump emotions in all cases or our freedoms mean nothing

legal rights and moral rights are two different things.....

The perception of what is Moral is subjective. I present this from strictly philosophical standpoint, and not in reference to the 9/11 attacks. That was objectively morally abhorrent. I am speaking of moral relativism. Don't put "moral rights" next to "legal rights" next to eachother. Legal rights are based on documents that can't be argued with and can be conjured up in a court of law. Moral rights can be argued day to day and change with each person, to a certain degree.

Well, according to polls, in the opinions of 70% of the American people (including Muslims), they do not have the MORAL right to put up that Mosque so close to where 3000 people were killed by fanatical Muslims.

The perception of what is Moral is subjective. I present this from strictly philosophical standpoint, and not in reference to the 9/11 attacks. That was objectively morally abhorrent. I am speaking of moral relativism. Don't put "moral rights" next to "legal rights" next to eachother. Legal rights are based on documents that can't be argued with and can be conjured up in a court of law. Moral rights can be argued day to day and change with each person, to a certain degree.

Well, according to polls, in the opinions of 70% of the American people (including Muslims), they do not have the MORAL right to put up that Mosque so close to where 3000 people were killed by fanatical Muslims.

How very nice....now we vote on morals as to whether people can build on their legally owned property or not.

That's the American way....:eusa_eh:...?

If it was just up to your legal rights, slavery would still be here and most products you purchase would be from a monopoly. It is the moral compass that promotes change.

If it was just up to your legal rights, slavery would still be here and most products you purchase would be from a monopoly. It is the moral compass that promotes change.

Ah...here we have it. The legal building of a community center has now been morally equated with slavery and monopolies and robber barons raping the American consumer.

Ah...here we have it. The legal building of a community center has now been morally equated with slavery and monopolies and robber barons raping the American consumer.

Somebody had to bring morality into this, the Islamic folks haven't stepped up in force yet.

I told you....the mad, the hate they created isn't going to die soon just because they pick another site.....

They should have given up on this site much, much sooner. They spread the hate, they reap the benefits and it's the innocent who pay......

If they did built this Mosque where they want, I predict it wouldn't be standing long.....that's not hate, that's logic. There are fanatics in all religions, the Islamic fanatics are just more obvious.

wow...

no one spread hate except the intolerant islamophobes who fought against private property owners from building on their property

The attacker was a pro-mosque supporter.

Maybe folks need to know what they're talking about before they start popping off.

The attacker was not from NYC. He was from another town in NY State...probably a right wingnut bigot.

Turns out he was a Leftwing film student who supported the mosque.

Aw, now you went a did it. Look their little heads are spinning around. WTH at that speed can cause permanent damage.

He was just some leftwing loon dipshit that felt he could save the world. The taxicab driver was against the mosque.

hhhmmm...I don't think it is a moral issue. It is called doing the right thing, which has nothing to do with morals. There is nothing immoral about putting the centre up.

I told you....the mad, the hate they created isn't going to die soon just because they pick another site.....

They should have given up on this site much, much sooner. They spread the hate, they reap the benefits and it's the innocent who pay......

If they did built this Mosque where they want, I predict it wouldn't be standing long.....that's not hate, that's logic. There are fanatics in all religions, the Islamic fanatics are just more obvious.

wow...

no one spread hate except the intolerant islamophobes who fought against private property owners from building on their property

Maybe folks need to know what they're talking about before they start popping off.
Yes, you for instance. Someone that keeps a diary about the evils of Muslims is more than likely not a supporter of mosques being built anywhere. No matter who he worked for.

hhhmmm...I don't think it is a moral issue. It is called doing the right thing, which has nothing to do with morals. There is nothing immoral about putting the centre up.

A Victory Mosque would be immoral and unethical. ;) An olive branch? Relocate it at this point. Where does the IRS stand on the funding? A waiter miraculously transforming into a Real Estate Mogul? What a great country. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow...

Yes, you for instance. Someone that keeps a diary about the evils of Muslims is more than likely not a supporter of mosques being built anywhere. No matter who he worked for.

I don't think it's about the evil's of Muslims, but the dangers of the loss of Liberty the Dogma brings. ;) Not the people, the predatory control. Islam needs to address and work on that issue. It's not rocket science Ravi. If you lived in an Islamic controlled society, you would have been handled long ago. Unlike us, they wouldn't appreciate you. ;)

A Victory Mosque would be immoral and unethical. ;) An olive branch? Relocate it at this point. Where does the IRS stand on the funding? A waiter miraculously transforming into a Real Estate Mogul? What a great country. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone else find the progression of this story as fascinating as I do?

AT ground zero.

2 Blocks away SHOULD be ground zero because a landing gear fell there.

A mosque

A VICTORY mosque

What next?

Aw, now you went a did it. Look their little heads are spinning around. WTH at that speed can cause permanent damage.

He was just some leftwing loon dipshit that felt he could save the world. The taxicab driver was against the mosque.

AGain, a link to him being "leftwing" please.

This doesn't show him to be left wing but it does show that the guy who stabbed the cabby was for the Cordoba Center and Mosque being built at ground zero. He worked for a group that supports the initiative.

Was the Muslim Cab Driver Slashing the First "Ground Zero Mosque" Hate Crime? (Updated) - New York News - Runnin' Scared

While I don't personally approve of the choice in location or the name you are still correct. There is nothing immoral about building community centers with mosques in them.

Forum List

Back