NY-23 Facts

She is not now and never has been "conservative" in any universe where words have actual meaning.

But.... A blogger said she was!

Not just a blogger....a PhD!
Please...do not spin it by making it seem like it is someone that does not know what he is talking about!

.02!!!

Ergo, that must mean that the PhD DOES know what he's talking about! :eusa_drool:

Wait for it. Wait for it!! (Did you happen, by any chance, to actually READ that garbage?)

there is a bunch of dipshits here who act like they know what the'yre blabbing on about too ..... and expect posters to take them seriously because their Avatar has a PhD on TV

Since there seems to be a lot of spin (the nice word for lies) coming out of the GOP today about the epic Hoffman loss, here are the facts.
How ironic, on a day the Dems suffered nearly catosrophic defeat, one of them comes here and claims the OTHER SIDE is spinning! :lol:

Face it son, your boys had your asses handed to you, NY 23 almost went to an unknown third party nobody, Barry was unable to sway anyone in bluer then blue NJ and may have actually hurt in Virginia, you suffered severely at the hands of a party that a year ago was deader then francisco Franco.

Trying to claim this as some big loss from the GoP is like trying to say the Germans won D Day because the Germany didn't surrender on the spot.

there is a bunch of dipshits here who act like they know what the'yre blabbing on about too ..... and expect posters to take them seriously because their Avatar has a PhD on TV

You act like you know what you're talking about ('though, when people read your tripe, that silliness is quickly dispelled).

And all you have for an avie is an image of a fat comic. :cuckoo:

Ya Douche.

:lol:

I would remind you Corzine was once a Senator and then became a governor. Why? Because there is far more direct power and influence. The governorship victories are far more substantial to the national political momentum than one special election seat in upstate New York that will see another election next year. If Hoffman had won NY23 it would have been a remarkable - near miraculous accomplishment. The fact he came so close is a testament to the resurgence of the conservative base.

There will be more and more Dems now turning to the center and away from Obama/Pelosi with 2010 hanging over them - and that is a good thing for America...

No, they are far more powerful as far as state momentum goes. Hell, Virginia actually has an interesting record of voting in the opposite party from the President. I think we all can agree that Mark Warner's and Jim McGreevy's elections in 2001 didn't exactly set the table for a Democratic Sweep in 2002...

If Hoffman had won NY23, it would have been status quo. By the end he had as much money and national support as Owens. Actually more. I don't recall VP candidates, Governors and Senators from around the country stumping and fundraising for Owens...

Owens is the miracle.

Ah, here you betray your total ignorance to national politics.

The network of governors is essential to a national compaign. Governors in fact often have more sway with the White House than that state's respective Senators and certainly far more than each state's respective Congressmen/women. (unless it is a long-term Congressperson - then the power balance can shift a bit) An effective governor already has an established party machine in place for their respective state, which then is of great aid to a presidential candidate.

The loss of both Virginia and New Jersey to Republican governors was a huge blow to the Democrats. As for NY23 - that will go back to the 'pubs in 2010 - and mark my words, it will be a far more openly conservative Republican that time around...

I don't think so. A lot of brouhahaha is being made by both parties and even more, by the media about these off year elections. They aren't referendums on Obama or either party really - they are predominately oriented on local politics.

NJ's Christie won 49% to Corzine's 45% but it's amazing Corzine got even that much as he's been associated with corruption and his poll ratings have been very low. Christie also ran on an anti-corruption, small government and lower taxes (in a state with the highest tax rate in the nation) but social conservative issues were notably absent. He won by running as a moderate in a largely democratic state.

Virginia is more significant because it was not only the Governor but the Lt. Governer and Attorney General but here again - the platform is significant. McDonnell is a strong conservative candidate but he carefully downplayed his social conservative credentials and stuck to the small government and fiscal conservative platform and as they applied to local issues.

In both those states exit polls continued to show Obama to be very popular, and voters stated Obama was not an issue in their voting choice. In both those states the winners stuck carefully to local politics. So was this election a referendum on Obama or a green light for a strong conservative agenda? It does not seem that way. In order the keep NJ, the Governor will have to be rather centrist. Virginia too, I suspect.

The NY race was wildly strange - a Democrat should not have won it and the fact that one did says more about the mishandling of the election by the Republicans then it does about any demographic change.

Fear not, Jayboy Canuckstain...

Nobody here takes you seriously...

For the simple fact that nothing you post is your own material....

You go to great lengths to indicate it was a local election.

How then is it a "big loss"? :eusa_whistle:

It is one among 435 seats.

The Republicans took 2 of 50 governorships last night.

The NY23 winner represented about 65000 votes.

Each of the Virginia and New Jersey Republican winners represented well over a million votes respectively.

There was a big loss last night - for the current liberalized Democrat Party...

Actually it was the conservatives losing a conservative seat despite a national campaign. Is it big in the scheme of things? Of course not, it is one seat. It was the one race last night that was actually about national policy instead of statewide personalities.

Conservatives do not consider the Republican who withdrew a conservative. NATIONAL conservative campaign for this office? It is comments like this that tell me the big parties don't understand what happened here.

Correction, social conservatives who base their politics on things like gay rights and abortion didn't consider her a conservative. Instead, a Conservative Party candidate stepped in, was endorsed by Palin and had tons of out of state money thrown at him and lost to a Democrat. So a traditionally Republican seat was lost. There is a lesson to be learned here, but it has not in the past and will not be now. Rightwingers can not win on their own nationally without moderates. This particular election was a model case.

But.... A blogger said she was!

Please...do not spin it by making it seem like it is someone that does not know what he is talking about!

There are a lot of PhD's walking around that don't know what they're talking about politically....

what? Huh? DO you even know what a PhD is?
It is the highest degree in the land. Obama would have been a PhD but he had more important things to do like changing America....but he is an example oif how smart a PhD is.
How can you claim a PhD is not all knowing?

Now that you are riled up...I am a conservative that was being sarcastic!

The NY race was wildly strange - a Democrat should not have won it and the fact that one did says more about the mishandling of the election by the Republicans then it does about any demographic change.
That is a very good observation, the GoP didn't realize what was happening until the election came on, they had blindly backed exactly the kind of candidate that turned off most of their base.

I would venture to say the only thing saving the Dems right now is the GoP is still stuck on douchebag mode.

You act like you know what you're talking about ('though, when people read your tripe, that silliness is quickly dispelled).

And all you have for an avie is an image of a fat comic. :cuckoo:

Ya Douche.

:lol:

and your avatar is a picture of? ....fuck, with retards like you this is all too easy:lol:

There are a lot of PhD's walking around that don't know what they're talking about politically....

what? Huh? DO you even know what a PhD is?
It is the highest degree in the land. Obama would have been a PhD but he had more important things to do like changing America....but he is an example oif how smart a PhD is.
How can you claim a PhD is not all knowing?

Now that you are riled up...I am a conservative that was being sarcastic!

Sorry... My PhD made me say that....;)

and yours is?....thanx for channeling Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity all together with your gay posts!

and yours is?....thanx for channeling Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity all together with your gay posts!

We know that you find Hannity, Limbaugh, and Beck distasteful...but what else is new? By the way? where's the Equal time for Levin, Boortz, and Ingraham?:eusa_whistle:

No, they are far more powerful as far as state momentum goes. Hell, Virginia actually has an interesting record of voting in the opposite party from the President. I think we all can agree that Mark Warner's and Jim McGreevy's elections in 2001 didn't exactly set the table for a Democratic Sweep in 2002...

If Hoffman had won NY23, it would have been status quo. By the end he had as much money and national support as Owens. Actually more. I don't recall VP candidates, Governors and Senators from around the country stumping and fundraising for Owens...

Owens is the miracle.

Ah, here you betray your total ignorance to national politics.

The network of governors is essential to a national compaign. Governors in fact often have more sway with the White House than that state's respective Senators and certainly far more than each state's respective Congressmen/women. (unless it is a long-term Congressperson - then the power balance can shift a bit) An effective governor already has an established party machine in place for their respective state, which then is of great aid to a presidential candidate.

The loss of both Virginia and New Jersey to Republican governors was a huge blow to the Democrats. As for NY23 - that will go back to the 'pubs in 2010 - and mark my words, it will be a far more openly conservative Republican that time around...

I don't think so. A lot of brouhahaha is being made by both parties and even more, by the media about these off year elections. They aren't referendums on Obama or either party really - they are predominately oriented on local politics.

NJ's Christie won 49% to Corzine's 45% but it's amazing Corzine got even that much as he's been associated with corruption and his poll ratings have been very low. Christie also ran on an anti-corruption, small government and lower taxes (in a state with the highest tax rate in the nation) but social conservative issues were notably absent. He won by running as a moderate in a largely democratic state.

Virginia is more significant because it was not only the Governor but the Lt. Governer and Attorney General but here again - the platform is significant. McDonnell is a strong conservative candidate but he carefully downplayed his social conservative credentials and stuck to the small government and fiscal conservative platform and as they applied to local issues.

In both those states exit polls continued to show Obama to be very popular, and voters stated Obama was not an issue in their voting choice. In both those states the winners stuck carefully to local politics. So was this election a referendum on Obama or a green light for a strong conservative agenda? It does not seem that way. In order the keep NJ, the Governor will have to be rather centrist. Virginia too, I suspect.

All 3 state-wide winners are very conservative in VA. The crap the media is saying is completely wrong. McDonnell campaigned like Reagan circa 1980. So if that is moderate, so be it. But I don't think so.

McDonnell didn't focus on social issues. The focus was economic, transportation, funding, off-shore drilling. Deeds tried to make hay out of a paper McDonnell had written 20 years ago, but McDonnell did a good job of shooting that down.

Christie is probably a centrist though.

That is a very good observation, the GoP didn't realize what was happening until the election came on, they had blindly backed exactly the kind of candidate that turned off most of their base.

I would venture to say the only thing saving the Dems right now is the GoP is still stuck on douchebag mode.

I don't think it was blind. I think it was intentional. I don't think the Repub leadership have any kind of clear idea what they should do. I heard my old congressman Tom Davis on with Laura this morning. Giving the typical "big tent" BS answers as Laura ripped him a new a-hole. It will take a real leader to step up and pull this mess together. For sure.

Forum List

Back