NY-23 Facts

It does not take rocket science to know why.
It is not at all interesting....it was obvious.
The press loves to attack Palin....so to mention her after a victory will allow the press to drag her and the victor through the mud.
No...not interesting to the level headed. Just plain old expected.

No, it doesn't take rocket science. Palin appeals to the far right, particularly the social conservatives - otherwise, she's a wingnut. Demographically the hard right is a minority. Palin isn't bringing in more moderate conservatives and that is what would affect states like VA and NJ.

It's convenient to blame it on the media, but frankly it's Palin. She's the right's version of Kucinich.

No--Ron Paul is the rights version of Kucinich. Palin is in a special type of category. Like Mao, and Lenin(minus the blood and gore)--but on the right!!

I wouldn't go that far....

maybe Palin is comparable to John Edwards?

Quite simple...and I have said tyhis several times yet no one wants to comment on it.

OK, i will comment on it

He was an unknown until a mnoth ago.

So was Owens and Scozzafava, then a funny thing happened. Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck decided they wanted Hoffman and Hoffman was on the tongue of every Conservative in the nation
He had no money to speak of.
He had more money than any other candidate. That is why Scozzafava dropped out. With Beck and Limbaugh urging the faithfull on, $$$$ streamed in from across the nation. 90% of his funding came from outside the 23 district. This is only fitting since Hoffman came from outside the 23rd district

He had no real party to back him.
Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Boener, Steele....sounds like pretty strong backin. Especially in a republican district.

Who was backing Scozzfava by the way? Good old Newt was the only republican with sense

He has the personality of a fish.

Nobody can dispute that, and yet he was the golden child to the Conservatives

He was a true third party candidate.

He was until palin and company got involved
His closest competitor "party wise" bowed out and backed the democrat.

Backlash to the Conservative republicans who screwed her out of a sure victory. Look who is laughing now?

And yet.....

he only lost to the FAVORITE by a few percentage points.

He lost to someone who was representing a party that hadn't won in nearly 150 years. Someone who was pulling 30% until palin interfered

Pretty scary for the democrats if you ask me.

Scary?? If this is how the republicans campaign in 2010, Democrats will not lose a seat

No, it doesn't take rocket science. Palin appeals to the far right, particularly the social conservatives - otherwise, she's a wingnut. Demographically the hard right is a minority. Palin isn't bringing in more moderate conservatives and that is what would affect states like VA and NJ.

It's convenient to blame it on the media, but frankly it's Palin. She's the right's version of Kucinich.

Palin appeals to conservatives.
Are you saying that conservatives are the far right?

No.

I said: Palin appeals to the far right, particularly the social conservatives

Palin appeals to conservastives....and not just the social conservatives....she appeals to fiscal conservatives even more.

She also appeals to the far right....but her priamry base are fiscal and social conservatives.

Quite simple...and I have said tyhis several times yet no one wants to comment on it.

OK, i will comment on it

So was Owens and Scozzafava, then a funny thing happened. Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck decided they wanted Hoffman and Hoffman was on the tongue of every Conservative in the nation
He had more money than any other candidate. That is why Scozzafava dropped out. With Beck and Limbaugh urging the faithfull on, $$$$ streamed in from across the nation. 90% of his funding came from outside the 23 district. This is only fitting since Hoffman came from outside the 23rd district

Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Boener, Steele....sounds like pretty strong backin. Especially in a republican district.

Who was backing Scozzfava by the way? Good old Newt was the only republican with sense

Nobody can dispute that, and yet he was the golden child to the Conservatives

He was until palin and company got involved

Backlash to the Conservative republicans who screwed her out of a sure victory. Look who is laughing now?

And yet.....

He lost to someone who was representing a party that hadn't won in nearly 150 years. Someone who was pulling 30% until palin interfered

Scary?? If this is how the republicans campaign in 2010, Democrats will not lose a seat

We do not vote for people based on their personlaity. Personality means squat if you have no idea what you are doing. He was preferred based on his conservative values.

Funny how NOW you claim that Hannity and such are so important in the political arena.

Newt is no God to me or anyone. He is a conservcative that erred...and admitted it.

I know...Obama has never made a mistake...he is Mr. Perfect.

You are foolish to think that the other two were nobodies until a month ago. In the 23rd they both had reputations to the people that mattered.....The conservative dsid not have the party money to make himself known.

Nice try though....actually...a piss poor try.

It does not take rocket science to know why.
It is not at all interesting....it was obvious.
The press loves to attack Palin....so to mention her after a victory will allow the press to drag her and the victor through the mud.
No...not interesting to the level headed. Just plain old expected.

Not all of us conservatives.

No.

Palin appeals to conservastives....and not just the social conservatives....she appeals to fiscal conservatives even more.

She also appeals to the far right....but her priamry base are fiscal and social conservatives.

Palin appeals to the Republican base, which is predominantly the far right conservatives and hardcore social conservatives.

When you look at this recent poll - she apeals to a little over half the Republicans and very few independents.

6v4jrunav0kaqqy-clhnuq.gif

there is a bunch of dipshits here who act like they know what the'yre blabbing on about too ..... and expect posters to take them seriously because their Avatar has a PhD on TV

You act like you know what you're talking about ('though, when people read your tripe, that silliness is quickly dispelled).

And all you have for an avie is an image of a fat comic. :cuckoo:

Ya Douche.

:lol:

and your avatar is a picture of? ....fuck, with retards like you this is all too easy:lol:

Holy shit. The Canadian douche actually GOT it!

Its simple rally...

there are two columns,

A win column and a lose column.

The republicans were in the win column for over 100 years there. Wha happened? What column did they end up in?

LOL

Go back em Sarah. Go back em.

Last edited:
Only question I have about the Hoffman race is simply this one.

How did the Dems lose big if they gained more seats in Congress?:doubt:

And yet.....

True, but so was the Democrat
False in a big way
False
True
Not so much
True

And false again, Hoffman was up in every poll prior to election day. He was the favorite.

No.

Palin appeals to the Republican base, which is predominantly the far right conservatives and hardcore social conservatives.

When you look at this recent poll - she apeals to a little over half the Republicans and very few independents.

How bizarre is that? I'm looking at the Democratic votes there. If I vote in that, I say Romney and Pawlenty are qualified, the rest, not so much. D's really give Huckabee the nod over that whole group? Bizarre.

Fortunately I have an excellent compass to sort through all the conservative spin and bullshit - my girlfriend is a conservative, but she tells me the truth.

Contrary to all the pretense and phoney rationalization going on around here, conservatives are devastated at the loss in NY23. They got coldcocked big time, this is an embarassment of Biblical proportions for the Palin/teabag/Limbaugh/Hannity crowd, and anything they say to the contrary is pure bluff.

Fortunately I have an excellent compass to sort through all the conservative spin and bullshit - my girlfriend is a conservative, but she tells me the truth.

Contrary to all the pretense and phoney rationalization going on around here, conservatives are devastated at the loss in NY23. They got coldcocked big time, this is an embarassment of Biblical proportions for the Palin/teabag/Limbaugh/Hannity crowd, and anything they say to the contrary is pure bluff.

Sorry to hear that your girlfriend is so devastated. Maybe if she had a brain in her head and better glasses she'd have a better view of the world

Sorry to hear that your girlfriend is so devastated. Maybe if she had a brain in her head and better glasses she'd have a better view of the world

She used to post at that other place. She can't believe what happened to you.:lol::lol::lol:

She used to post at that other place. She can't believe what happened to you.:lol::lol::lol:

Tell GFB28 I miss her

How bizarre is that? I'm looking at the Democratic votes there. If I vote in that, I say Romney and Pawlenty are qualified, the rest, not so much. D's really give Huckabee the nod over that whole group? Bizarre.

Huckabees a populist and that might be what makes him attractive? I agree - it's bizzarre. I'm wondering if one reason he ranks higher than Romney is due to Romney's Mormon religion. Of all of them I see Romney as the most qualified - I could see myself voting for him if it weren't for the wingnuts in his party trying to impose their ideological agendas.

Only question I have about the Hoffman race is simply this one.

How did the Dems lose big if they gained more seats in Congress?:doubt:

And yet.....

True, but so was the Democrat
False in a big way
False
True
Not so much
True

And false again, Hoffman was up in every poll prior to election day. He was the favorite.

I think this says a lot about his inability to address local issues and the arrogance of the conservatives backing him in assuming local issues don't matter.

Huckabees a populist and that might be what makes him attractive? I agree - it's bizzarre. I'm wondering if one reason he ranks higher than Romney is due to Romney's Mormon religion. Of all of them I see Romney as the most qualified - I could see myself voting for him if it weren't for the wingnuts in his party trying to impose their ideological agendas.

Huckabee seems like a nice guy, but a complete god damned lunatic. Romney on the other hand is pretty boring. But he looks competant boring. I probably wouldn't vote for him and I certainly disagree with him on social issues especially, but he seems like he would be competant enough to run the country.

Look, Hoffman had his "Palin moment" when he couldn't name a single relevant local issue and put on his Palin smile and said, I'll get back to you.

Forum List

Back