Nursing homes becoming rampant with sexual assualt

Former nursing home worker accused of performing sexually provocative act on resident

SANDUSKY — A 26-year-old former nursing home employee was charged after police say she performed a sexually provocative act involving a 100-year-old resident.

The incident was recorded by another former nursing home employee, police say.

Brittany L. Fultz, 26, of Marblehead, is facing a charge of gross sexual imposition.

Police says the act was similar to a lap dance. The male resident has dementia, police say.

Why would someone do that?

Nursing homes aids are typically low paid, low skill jobs. Abuse is endemic and often not investigated. They are also typically understaffed. With the baby boom generation aging into care facilities, I think we are going to see more of this.
It is one reason I plan to suck a shotgun on my 60th birthday.
Jesus Christ. I'm 62 and barely slowed down. You need to up your game.

Former nursing home worker accused of performing sexually provocative act on resident

SANDUSKY — A 26-year-old former nursing home employee was charged after police say she performed a sexually provocative act involving a 100-year-old resident.

Brittany L. Fultz, 26, of Marblehead, is facing a charge of gross sexual imposition.

Police says the act was similar to a lap dance. The male resident has dementia, police say.

Nursing homes aids are typically low paid, low skill jobs. Abuse is endemic and often not investigated. They are also typically understaffed. With the baby boom generation aging into care facilities, I think we are going to see more of this.
By 60, I expect to be crippled, senile, or both.

What nursing homes pay emp!oyees is criminal. 10 bucks an hour to take care of people. Clean excrement, change diapers, feed people,....

How many innocent people are you willing to execute to satisfy your bloodlust?

images

Are they people, much less human, if they are capable of such an act?

*****SMILE*****

:)

I work for an agency that provides in-home care to seniors as well as Alzheimer's patients and hospice patients, including in assistive living facilities. Most of the people doing the work are decent, caring people - but unless you're an RN, the pay is low compared to what *should* be the societal value of the work. Our society simply doesn't have its priorities straight, as evidenced by what we pay folk providing child care, senior care and basic care to the ill or disabled, vs. what we pay professional athletes and entertainers, not to mention elected officials etc.

Our children and our seniors and our disabled are vulnerable populations because we don't care enough about them to put our money where our righteousness resides.

So... we don't pay them enough so they feel somehow inclined to rape and abuse their patients? Fuck that excuse.

By 60, I expect to be crippled, senile, or both.
I think you have the senile thing already going. But it's your life...

I work for an agency that provides in-home care to seniors as well as Alzheimer's patients and hospice patients, including in assistive living facilities. Most of the people doing the work are decent, caring people - but unless you're an RN, the pay is low compared to what *should* be the societal value of the work. Our society simply doesn't have its priorities straight, as evidenced by what we pay folk providing child care, senior care and basic care to the ill or disabled, vs. what we pay professional athletes and entertainers, not to mention elected officials etc.

Our children and our seniors and our disabled are vulnerable populations because we don't care enough about them to put our money where our righteousness resides.

I was a care taker for Alzheimer patient for several years, I've also done hospice. It can be hard work, and hard on caretakers emotionally

So... we don't pay them enough so they feel somehow inclined to rape and abuse their patients? Fuck that excuse.
Where did I say that?! Azzhole.

I don't condone anyone victimizing any vulnerable person - I used to be a prosecutor who put child molesters in prison. So fuck you very much, m'kay?

Sounded like an excuse to me, but hey at least you're not defending it now. So why exactly did you bring up that they're not paid enough? Why even put that into a discussion condemning their actions?

I NEVER defended it - you're a real Trumpanzee, making things up out of whole cloth, aren't you?

It is VERY relevant to discuss what wages such caretakers are paid - pay minimum wage or barely above, you often don't get the best people in the jobs. And I can attest that the training and background checking from my agency isn't that great, so I can only assume that's true in the industry as a whole - these stories have been around for decades, where have you been?

My agency just wants warm bodies to fill the shifts, so they can collect the $27/hr. they charge the clients while paying minimum wage to the actual caregivers. And yes, I understand company overhead - but taking $16 off the top reeks of profit motive for the agency owner and not just of the costs of doing business. If you look at the costs charged per month by most assistive living facilities and nursing homes, it's ridiculous.

Baby boomers beware, the rampant unfettered capitalism you have spent your lives stoking will come back and bite you in the ass when you're in your infirm years and become nothing more than a cash cow to such industries.

I NEVER defended it - you're a real Trumpanzee, making things up out of whole cloth, aren't you?

It is VERY relevant to discuss what wages such caretakers are paid - pay minimum wage or barely above, you often don't get the best people in the jobs. And I can attest that the training and background checking from my agency isn't that great, so I can only assume that's true in the industry as a whole - these stories have been around for decades, where have you been?

My agency just wants warm bodies to fill the shifts, so they can collect the $27/hr. they charge the clients while paying minimum wage to the actual caregivers. And yes, I understand company overhead - but taking $16 off the top reeks of profit motive for the agency owner and not just of the costs of doing business. If you look at the costs charged per month by most assistive living facilities and nursing homes, it's ridiculous.

Baby boomers beware, the rampant unfettered capitalism you have spent your lives stoking will come back and bite you in the ass when you're in your infirm years and become nothing more than a cash cow to such industries.

those in medicare can free home care through IHSS in most states

Israel liked idols so much God sent them to an idol nation..

Israel wanted meat so bad God sent them 3 feet deep in quail.

This country is on a sex binge so bad God is going to let it happen... and then

Sick, dying and raped in America's nursing homes

Anyone caught abusing elderly people in this horrific manner, in the ideal society would be taken out and shot. Abusing the elderly like this is on par with paedophiles, none of the perpetrators deserve prison, all of them should just be executed.

I cannot read the article you provide in your link, I'm not reading it because I know it will make my blood completely boil.
Was that a video of Bill Clinton and 'Tony The Wiener' leaving a nursing home in DC?

those in medicare can free home care through IHSS in most states

That seriously overstates reality, I'm sorry to say.

Only in the most progressive states (California, Massachusetts come to mind) is such care covered by Medicaid - not Medicare.

Many, many states provide minimal such services through their Medicaid programs, and yes, those home health care workers are still very often paid a very low hourly rate. In some states a family member can provide the care, in other states people have actually had to divorce in order for the spouse to get reimbursed to provide that care - and again, it's not a high rate of pay.

FYI, more elder/dependent person abuse occurs within the family than in nursing homes or assistive living facilities, which have quite a bit of oversight whereas abuse can go on for years and years within the home and never be discovered until/unless someone calls Adult Protective Services or law enforcement.

And having seen a lot of these cases during my time in law enforcement, I can attest that the kind of people who would physically, emotionally abuse mom or dad, or neglect her/him, are not necessarily the kind you might think. There are many very ungrateful children in this world, in all walks of life.

Forum List

Back