Nuns on a Cross Country Bus Challenege Romney To Spend A Day With Them

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
The group behind the Nuns On A Bus tour that highlighted the harmful effects the U.S. House Republican budget would have on the nation's poor have now set their sights on the 2012 GOP presidential candidate, inviting Mitt Romney to spend a day with the nuns to learn about the needs of struggling families and low-income communities.The idea was proposed a day after the Romney campaign released a misleading advertisement about welfare reform that "demonizes families in poverty and reflect the woeful ignorance about the challenges faced by tens of millions of American families in these tough economic times," the lobby said.

Nuns Challenege Romney To Spend A Day With Them And Learn About The US's Poor - International Business Times

The group behind the Nuns On A Bus tour that highlighted the harmful effects the U.S. House Republican budget would have on the nation's poor have now set their sights on the 2012 GOP presidential candidate, inviting Mitt Romney to spend a day with the nuns to learn about the needs of struggling families and low-income communities.The idea was proposed a day after the Romney campaign released a misleading advertisement about welfare reform that "demonizes families in poverty and reflect the woeful ignorance about the challenges faced by tens of millions of American families in these tough economic times," the lobby said.
Nuns Challenege Romney To Spend A Day With Them And Learn About The US's Poor - International Business Times
I think it would be more appropriate for the Nuns to challenge the people of the United States to learn about the US's poor. You'd be surprised how helpful local folks can be to those in need.

Charity begins in the heart of people who are at home.

The U.S. Treasury should not be a tap for Presidential favorites, but to do constitutional things--provide for the common defense, etc.

I think it would be more appropriate for the Nuns to challenge the people of the United States to learn about the US's poor. You'd be surprised how helpful local folks can be to those in need.

The U.S. Treasury should not be a tap for Presidential favorites, but to do constitutional things--provide for the common defense, etc.

I did my internship in a large home for drug addicted pregnant woman on the street, and loved it.
I saw many many wonderful people giving $$ to keep the home open as well as several others for men.
The thing is especially with the economy right now these kinds of places need intervention with government help too as it wouldn't make it with out.
This home helps these girls get off of drugs sober, helps them get their GED's and helps them become independent.
Yes I agree very much so that there are way too many who abuse the system, we do need a overhaul and more workers to really go out and check if these people are ligit or not. And for the moms who just keep having babies ummm what a mess.

The woman who I have seen personally have their babies clean. watch this help a otherwise dead drug beat people needs more intervention as it is so very expensive to run. as well as the other people working night and day but still can not support their families. It not giving the money away, it is helping our fellow human being.
Getting off the soap box now..lol

Last edited:

I did my internship in a large home for drug addicted pregnant woman on the street, and loved it.
I saw many many wonderful people giving $$ to keep the home open as well as several others for men.
The thing is especially with the economy right now these kinds of places need intervention with government help too as it wouldn't make it with out.
This home helps these girls get off of drugs sober, helps them get their GED's and helps them become independent.
Yes I agree very much so that there are way too many who abuse the system, we do need a overhaul and more workers to really go out and check if these people are ligit or not. And for the moms who just keep having babies ummm what a mess.

The woman who I have seen personally have their babies clean. watch this help a otherwise dead drug beat people needs more intervention as it is so very expensive to run. as well as the other people working night and day but still can not support their families. It not giving the money away, it is helping our fellow human being.

Thank you. :clap2:

Kudos on your work with addicted pregnant women, Eaglewings.

Forum List

Back