Presidential Debates....only 3

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
.. and only one for the VP candidates..

I really think this sucks, I believe the American people deserve to know more on the views of these candidates...

A full test of their mettal before the American people..

(Personally, I believe Obama is to much of a coward to submit to the test and Democrats/liberal media will provide Obama with excuses)

------------------------:mad:

2012 Presidential Debate Schedule

The dates and venues have been announced for the 2012 Presidential debates between President Obama and Mitt Romney. The date for the Vice Presidential debate has also been announced.

2012 Presidential Debate Schedule « 2012 Election Central

Does there really need to be more?

How many?

I think 3 is a fairly good number actually. Maybe MORE than Obama would want even. Romney debates better on multiple attempts.

How many?

I think 3 is a fairly good number actually. Maybe MORE than Obama would want even. Romney debates better on multiple attempts.

Definitely more than Obama wants..especially if it's not a liberal shill announcer..

I'd say a minimum of 5 with balanced questioning would shut me up.:lol:

How many?

Definitely more than Obama wants..especially if it's not a liberal shill announcer..

Id say it would take more than that to shut you up...but as funny as I think it is it might be seen as an insult...so Ill just keep it to myself.

Oh wait!

Nah 5 is too many. The American People wont watch five. They most likely wont watch three. Theyll watch one and then let FoxNEws or MSNBC tell them who won it.

I no longer even see the point of debates. Primaries yeah, but not the general. We know the differences already. If we dont, well we shouldnt be voting then. Its just guys saying what theyve said on the campaign trail. We have Youtube now. Its not like these things are Lincoln-Douglas. Theyre all show to see who can get the best jab in off the cuff or who is rolling their eyes too much while the moron speaks.

Last edited:

How many?

Id say it would take more than that to shut you up...but as funny as I think it is it might be seen as an insult...so Ill just keep it to myself.

Oh wait!

Nah 5 is too many. The American People wont watch five. They most likely wont watch three. Theyll watch one and then let FoxNEws or MSNBC tell them who won it.

I no longer even see the point of debates. Primaries yeah, but not the general. We know the differences already. If we dont, well we shouldnt be voting then. Its just guys saying what theyve said on the campaign trail. We have Youtube now. Its not like these things are Lincoln-Douglas. Theyre all show to see who can get the best jab in off the cuff or who is rolling their eyes too much while the moron speaks.

Intriguing.. sheesh, I hate to miss a good/funny insult...

Well, you follow politics, many don't and the debates may be their only involvement but alas, they still legally vote.

Sure there is the talking heads handicapping from their political perspective but that's good for the laughs at least.:dunno:

I think 5 would be too many as well, while hopefully people will be clued to their TV sets for the 3. I think its true that many have already made up their minds, but I am sure it will be very interesting to watch.

Oh wait!

Well, you follow politics, many don't and the debates may be their only involvement but alas, they still legally vote.

Sure there is the talking heads handicapping from their political perspective but that's good for the laughs at least.:dunno:

As evidenced by many on this board, following politics does not necessarily mean one has the intelligence to understand politics and they can still legally vote. ( Something I aklways believed in but this forum has really made me start to question...sigh )

I think 5 would be too many as well, while hopefully people will be clued to their TV sets for the 3. I think its true that many have already made up their minds, but I am sure it will be very interesting to watch.

Well..it's either 5 or I keep bitching....:lol:

Like you say, " while hopefully people will be clued to their TV sets for the 3"

the odds aren't good on that... soooo 5 makes for better opportunity for the voters.

It's about the voters after all...

I can not wait to see them.
Hasn't it always been 3 debates?

How long does each debate last? If it is an hour and a half, I think 3 is enough.

Can't wait to see the Veep debate, :badgrin: regardless of whom Romney selects, which I am rooting for Paul Ryan, as of this post.

If its Biden vs Ryan, Ryan wins.

If its Biden vs Pawlenty, Biden wins.

I like Pawlenty more than Ryan but Biden, even after all the dumb shit he says, has a way of pulling it together and holding in the crazy for debates.

Ryan on the other hand , while I completely disagree with every evil thing that comes out of his forked tongued mouth, is just a damn good debater.

Oh wait!

As evidenced by many on this board, following politics does not necessarily mean one has the intelligence to understand politics and they can still legally vote. ( Something I aklways believed in but this forum has really made me start to question...sigh )

When I was 19 I registered for the peace and freedom party.. It sounded cool at the time in the 1970's lol amazing that so many just go by the 1 news channel they watch whether it be Fox, or Msnbc.

Oh wait!

Well... we agree at least...:D

How long does each debate last? If it is an hour and a half, I think 3 is enough.

Can't wait to see the Veep debate, :badgrin: regardless of whom Romney selects, which I am rooting for Paul Ryan, as of this post.

If its Biden vs Ryan, Ryan wins.

If its Biden vs Pawlenty, Biden wins.

I like Pawlenty more than Ryan but Biden, even after all the dumb shit he says, has a way of pulling it together and holding in the crazy for debates.

Ryan on the other hand , while I completely disagree with every evil thing that comes out of his forked tongued mouth, is just a damn good debater.

Yes, Ryan is a good debater. And I like his energy, though some would disagree that he has any....:lol: I think he does, plus I like his intensity. I also like Pawlenty but he lacks any excitement, to energize an audience, in my opinion. Rubio would engage with the most energy, but I do like him as a senator. Maybe `16?

I am sure the vetting process has been rigorous, for each of the good candidates for the job, but I think Ryan would have a good relationship with Romney. Certainly his financial experience could be helpful to his new boss.

The event looks like 2 1/2 hrs..

Well now, if AquaAthena disagrees with me, I should maybe think this over again...:D

575499_251669688279812_257084033_n.jpg

302494_391617334225123_327698725_n.jpg

Open-Secrets-Obama-Romney.jpg

There is everything voters need to know about Obama and Obama lite.

Well now, if AquaAthena disagrees with me, I should maybe think this over again...:D

Wow! If you are correct, that would be a long, long time for Obama to hold up without a teleprompter... :badgrin:

Wow! If you are correct, that would be a long, long time for Obama to hold up without a teleprompter... :badgrin:

Sheesh.. good thinking, I like the possibilities there...:badgrin:

Both major parties depend on the same 1% of US voters to fund their campaigns.
Which explains why neither wants to debate Dr. Jill.

"Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein spent Wednesday night in a Philadelphia jail after being arrested at an Occupy protest against Fannie Mae, something not entirely surprising for a politician that throws around words like 'imperialism' and 'economic violence' while celebrating 'the battle that has already come to our streets.'"

I wouldn't wait around for Republicans OR Democrats to seriously address US unemployment issues, bloated military spending, or corporate personhood, either.

"Enter Stein, whose key platform is the Green New Deal, a jobs program which she says will both build on the success of the New Deal in the 1930s and also help move the United States toward a sustainable, green economy.

"She also campaigns on drastically reducing military spending, in favor of abortion rights and against corporate personhood."

Interview With the Green Party's Jill Stein, Candidate for Organizer in Chief

What sucks is that they don't have but 2 parties, and now they spend their time trying to not sound exactly the same. I wana see like 4 people up there, I doubt Republicans or Dems could win elections if they had to share a stage with other parties.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back