Nukes???

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
This just in on Drudge Report:

Nuclear arms reportedly found in Iraq...

Story Developing...

This would be game, set, and match for Bush, if true. Something tells me it won't turn out, but that's just me being a pessimist. Or is it optomistic because there are none there... hmm

Perpare for automatic dismissal by democrats since it is drudge.

From the first link:

The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

That should say something.

NewGuy said:
From the first link:

That should say something.

Agreed! I couldn't get the first link to work. Kept giving me a 404 - guess too many folks are trying to check it out.....

This is the ENTIRE article from the second link......and it is REUTERS:

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq's Interior Ministry dismissed as "stupid" a report in a local newspaper on Wednesday that said three nuclear missiles had been found near the town of Tikrit.

A senior U.S. military official told reporters he had no information on the report in the newspaper al-Sabah. He said officials were checking the report.

Asked by Reuters about the report, a spokesman at the Interior Ministry said: "It's stupid."

Generally when these guys use terms like "stupid" or "liar" or whatever without facts to back it up, it is clear they are found red handed.

dilloduck said:
CMON----Everyone knows that the republicans planted them there !!! Don't you find the timing suspicious?

Incredibly.

I think we knew it all along.

After all, I have known too many people in the realm of survelance technologies with satellite that laugh at the whole idea that we CANT find anything there.

According to 1 I know who was involved with this technology in military in the 80's, he said we could have found them THEN.

How come no one is asking the question that if they are there (the nukes), why is the current Iraqi Government claiming they are not or that the claim is "stupid"?

They have nothing to hide as all the crap is the result of the old regime. Why would not the current government want to clean the slate for thier new reign?

Something does not add up. Could it be that some of the current Iraqi administration has some complicity or something to hide?

true but not. the problem is that satellites make passes. they cannot stay stationary over a specific location. so that gives every place in the world, time to do things while the cameras in the sky are not available. furthermore, you would have to have MILLIONS of satellites in the sky to cover every inch of earth. We will find them, but it might take some time. If we have specifics of where they "might" be, then the satellites can take a look at those areas each time they make a pass.

HGROKIT said:
How come no one is asking the question that if they are there (the nukes), why is the current Iraqi Government claiming they are not or that the claim is "stupid"?

They have nothing to hide as all the crap is the result of the old regime. Why would not the current government want to clean the slate for thier new reign?

Something does not add up. Could it be that some of the current Iraqi administration has some complicity or something to hide?

i am not sure if they have anything to hide, but I am sure that they are thinking, "hey, if Iran gets nukes, we better get them" and therefore, they would probably like to hide and keep anything they might have - even if they do only acquire them through the rule of "finders keepers".

HGROKIT said:

Remember the push for EU/NATO intervention?

Look at who is helping establish their govt. -RUSSIA.

Look at who is training their military- EU

Look who is having talks to further set up bases there- EU.

Who has everything to gain if nukes stay?

freeandfun1 said:
i am not sure if they have anything to hide, but I am sure that they are thinking, "hey, if Iran gets nukes, we better get them" and therefore, they would probably like to hide and keep anything they might have - even if they do only acquire them through the rule of "finders keepers".
Free - you are not seriously suggesting that we would allow them to keep them do you?

God, the reason we went there besides ousting Saddam was to find and eliminate any WMD's from the area.

freeandfun1 said:
true but not. the problem is that satellites make passes. they cannot stay stationary over a specific location. so that gives every place in the world, time to do things while the cameras in the sky are not available. furthermore, you would have to have MILLIONS of satellites in the sky to cover every inch of earth. We will find them, but it might take some time. If we have specifics of where they "might" be, then the satellites can take a look at those areas each time they make a pass.

20 years ago, yes.

Do you know the average size of a surveillance satellite?

-A basketball.

How many do you think we can have up there?

HGROKIT said:
Free - you are not seriously suggesting that we would allow them to keep them do you?

God, the reason we went there besides ousting Saddam was to find and eliminate any WMD's from the area.

I never indicated that we would LET them keep them. But let us suppose this.....

They find them first and keep us from ever knowing they truly have them or; they find them first, tell us they have them, refuse to turn them over and then ask us to leave their country? What would happen then? We have said that if we are asked to leave, we will.

Since Saddam is no longer in power, we cannot demand they give us the nukes. If we do, then we have to go right next door and demand that Iran give up theirs.

If there are nukes there and the new Iraqi government finds them first, it could put us in a very difficult position.

JMHO!

dilloduck said:
CMON----Everyone knows that the republicans planted them there !!! Don't you find the timing suspicious?

LOL! LGF was just talking about what the Democrats are going to say to this.

This was #1 on the list.

Others:

They are obviously buried under concrete and not ready for use!

It's not a stockpile, there are only three!

They don't have the range to America, so they weren't a direct threat!

Any more you can think of? :bsflag:

NewGuy said:
20 years ago, yes.

Do you know the average size of a surveillance satellite?

-A basketball.

How many do you think we can have up there?

Tell me how a sattelite can determine what is under ground? Even with a 1 meter resolution, a bunch of sand still looks like a bunch of sand. Most the WMDs are probably in Syria anyway...

Forum List

Back