NRA Wants Mentally Ill To Have Gun Rights

You oppose the right of people to go to court and prove that they aren't actually crazy?

Maybe we should prevent mentally ill people from voting or driving cars forever too.

To own or have access to guns? Once they have a documented mental illness? Yes I do!

Again. Its called due process. Look it up.

You oppose the right of people to go to court and prove that they aren't actually crazy?

Maybe we should prevent mentally ill people from voting or driving cars forever too.

To own or have access to guns? Once they have a documented mental illness? Yes I do!

Again. Its called due process. Look it up.

Ask Bush and Obama about "due process"...or parents of murdered children by a mental nut...

So we can just throw the consitution out the window when something bad happens?
Thats what the libtards want to do.

Does the Constitution allow for those with documented histories of mental illness to have gun rights? I don't think so...

You really do not know how it works...

The burden rests with the government via the courts to determine who cannot own a firearm. A felony conviction meets the requirement for due process. A felon could petition for a return of thier firearm rights, it is not absolute.

The same has to apply to a determination of mental defect.

Mental Illness:

Any of various conditions characterized by impairment of an individual's normal cognitive, emotional, or behavioral functioning, and caused by social, psychological, biochemical, genetic, or other factors, such as infection or head trauma. Also called emotional illness, mental disease, mental disorder.

(Medicine / Pathology) any of various disorders in which a person's thoughts, emotions, or behavior are so abnormal as to cause suffering to himself, herself, or other people.

mental illness - definition of mental illness by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Forum List

Back