NRA Wants Mentally Ill To Have Gun Rights

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
After the massacre at Virginia Tech in 2007, Congress did manage to pass a modest measure that was designed to provide money to states to improve the federal background check system. But the N.R.A. secured a broad concession in the legislation, which pushed states to allow people with histories of mental illness to petition to have their gun rights restored.

More: Silent Since Shootings, N.R.A. Could Face Challenge to Political Power - The New York Times

As a condition of its support for the measure, the National Rifle Association extracted a concession: the inclusion of a mechanism for restoring firearms rights to those who lost them for mental health reasons.

More: Some With Histories of Mental Illness Petition to Get Their Gun Rights Back - The New York Times

The NRA also backed Romney...so clearly the NRA is not for gun rights. I own guns and hate the NRA. :) Your tyranny-huffing will not work on me good sir.

After the massacre at Virginia Tech in 2007, Congress did manage to pass a modest measure that was designed to provide money to states to improve the federal background check system. But the N.R.A. secured a broad concession in the legislation, which pushed states to allow people with histories of mental illness to petition to have their gun rights restored.

More: Silent Since Shootings, N.R.A. Could Face Challenge to Political Power - The New York Times

As a condition of its support for the measure, the National Rifle Association extracted a concession: the inclusion of a mechanism for restoring firearms rights to those who lost them for mental health reasons.

More: Some With Histories of Mental Illness Petition to Get Their Gun Rights Back - The New York Times

Oh, my, god.... DUE PROCESS!!!!

Has anyone else noticed the Cabela's ammo and reloading ad on USMB? I noticed it on the right side of the politics board.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed the Cabela's ammo and reloading ad on USMB? I noticed it on the right side of the politics board. Seems tacky as hell to me...

im sure those ads are tailored to your personal browsing history, not the site.

You oppose the right of people to go to court and prove that they aren't actually crazy?

Maybe we should prevent mentally ill people from voting or driving cars forever too.

You oppose the right of people to go to court and prove that they aren't actually crazy?

Maybe we should prevent mentally ill people from voting or driving cars forever too.

To own or have access to guns? Once they have a documented mental illness? Yes I do!

Oh, my, god.... DUE PROCESS!!!!

For the first, and likely last time, we agree.

The question is, however, can you and others on the right be consistent with your advocacy of due process.

To own or have access to guns? Once they have a documented mental illness? Yes I do!

Once they have document mental illness? You're saying a person should not be allowed to defend themselves in court? How exactly would a person defend themselves against a over zealous anti gun freak with a PHD on the wall?

New Topics

Forum List

Back