NRA rolls out new ads

I....for one....will not rely on Police. They react to....rather than prevent....crime.

They are not required to take or deliver a bullet to save me......nor can I shove an officer of the law down my pants to be there at all times.:eusa_whistle:

If you look at it that way then yes. I agree with you 100% there.

I can tell you straight out that personally I don't rely on the police though in a utopian world we should rely on the police; too bad we don't live in one of those.

I remember reading more then a few books about Columbine, and I agree many lives could of been saved if some teachers were packing heat. I remember reading how the police did nothing and just waited. And I realized that could be my school one day if someone ever went psycho.

It's a scary thought really.

If you look at it that way then yes. I agree with you 100% there.

I can tell you straight out that personally I don't rely on the police though in a utopian world we should rely on the police; too bad we don't live in one of those.

I remember reading more then a few books about Columbine, and I agree many lives could of been saved if some teachers were packing heat. I remember reading how the police did nothing and just waited. And I realized that could be my school one day if someone ever went psycho.

It's a scary thought really.

Yes it is.....my son is in school and it frightens me to know that the teachers are armed with nothing but very sharp pencils if some wacko tried to hurt or kidnap the children.

Yes it is.....my son is in school and it frightens me to know that the teachers are armed with nothing but very sharp pencils if some wacko tried to hurt or kidnap the children.

How old is your son if you don't mind me asking?

And I know how you can feel that way. I try to not let it bother me but with each tragedy the thought comes to the forefront of one's mind.

I see, I can see why you would be worried.

Someone like me would least have the ability to know how to escape,etc when your son would have more of a problem. I do hope that day never dawns upon us though where that has to be a problem, and I'm sure you feel the same way.

Gun Control is not taking away your guns.
They most certainly are--you should try actually reading some of them to find out what they are really about, rather than relying upon what their proponents claim they're about.

Though feel free to complain when someone breaks into your house and harms your family or yourself because they were allowed to get a gun because of no gun control laws.

Tell me how you'll feel then.
Nice. Except the gun control laws don't prevent criminals from getting gun, they prevent the victims of criminals from getting guns--these victims often get shot, and are not able then to make this complaint of yours.

There are certain people in this country who either have lost the right to own a gun, aren't fit to have a gun, or have abused their right.
Fine. So go after THEM, rather than the rest of us. Put THEM on a list; make THEM get a permit to have a gun; require THEM to register THEIR guns--leave the rest of us alone.

I'm saying if there were no gun control laws and everyone was free to own a gun then VIOLENT (I cap the word violent for a reason) felons would be able to own a gun.
There ARE gun contol laws, and violent felons are still able to own guns. Why is this?

It's because the actual point of gun control laws is not to disarm violent felons--the point of gun control is to disarm regular folks.

There ARE gun contol laws, and violent felons are still able to own guns. Why is this?

It's because the actual point of gun control laws is not to disarm violent felons--the point of gun control is to disarm regular folks.

Loki, youre making a lot of claims here. can you actually back it up?

i saw one of these adds yesterday. it looked like it was made in a highschool videography class. theyre just trying to scare people into thinking that the evil liberals will take all their guns. made me laugh

Well yes, Violent felons would be able to get their hands on guns (MORE EASIER) I should say.

That better? And that's now a fact isn't it?
I would prefer that violent felons just got their guns at Wal-Mart--I would really prefer that violent felons could walk into a 7-11 and purchase a gun, without so much as an I.D. check, to the current state of affairs where a violent felon MUST make a black-market purchase, or break into someone's home, to get a gun; to the current state of affairs where bureaucratic and financial obstacles are placed (unconstitutionally, by our government) between regular folks having guns to defend themselves from aggressors--including violent felons.

McCain said during one of the debates that the last firearm he handled was the 1911 on his hip when he was shot down.

When you've been through so much torture that you're physically unable to use a keyboard to send an email, it can be kinda hard to safely handle and fire guns, ya know?

Regardless, his voting record speaks for itself. He is the candidate who will uphold the Bill of Rights.
Ninja, I'm curious. Have you ever refrained from posting lies?

Loki, youre making a lot of claims here. can you actually back it up?
I have made two claims here. Can you refute them?

i saw one of these adds yesterday. it looked like it was made in a highschool videography class. theyre just trying to scare people into thinking that the evil liberals will take all their guns. made me laugh
I don't think the anti-rights movement is confined to "liberals"; the gun control record of the "conservative" in office speaks for itself.

if people are really going to base their vote on gun laws when our economy is in the shitter good luck to ya.

Obama has said that he believes in the 2nd amendment but he sees no reason why there can't be a ban on certain weapons.

it doesn't need to be a free for all.

Wanting to ban semi-automatic rifles and being opposed to concealed carry tells me that regardless of what he might say.....he really doesn't support the 2nd Amendment.

I have made two claims here. Can you refute them?

I don't think the anti-rights movement is confined to "liberals"; the gun control record of the "conservative" in office speaks for itself.

the burden of proof is on the person who makes the claim

Wanting to ban semi-automatic rifles and being opposed to concealed carry tells me that regardless of what he might say.....he really doesn't support the 2nd Amendment.

so not wanting people to carry around AK47's and not wanting people to secretely carry a handgun is the same as not supporting any form of gun ownership? your logic is flawed

the burden of proof is on the person who makes the claim
The burden of refuting claims is upon the one who is refuting the claims.

Is your position that it is NOT apparent that there are gun control laws? If so, you're a retard.

Is it also your postion that it is NOT apparent that felons get guns? If so, you're retarded.

Since gun control laws have little effect upon felons who cannot legally possess guns, yet still do; who do not submit themselves to background checks, waiting periods, licensing applications and fees, registration applications and fees, or any other gun control law--who do you suspect is actually burdened by such laws? If you cannot even fathom a guess, you're profoundly retarded.

Last edited:
Is your position that it is NOT apparent that there are gun control laws? If so, you're a retard.

Is it also your postion that it is NOT apparent that felons get guns? If so, you're profoundly retarded.

:doubt:

i said no such thing.

you said all gun control laws do are make it harder for victims to get guns, but do nothing to keep them away from criminals. do you have evidence for this? you dont need to be a bitch about it.

:doubt:

i said no such thing.

you said all gun control laws do are make it harder for victims to get guns, but do nothing to keep them away from criminals. do you have evidence for this? you dont need to be a bitch about it.

It is a relative assumption considering criminals are less likely to adhere to gun control laws. Law abiding citizen, ie. "victims" are more likely to adhere to these laws. That makes Loki's statement relatively true. You don't need evidence to prove what is already proven.

It is a relative assumption considering criminals are less likely to adhere to gun control laws. Law abiding citizen, ie. "victims" are more likely to adhere to these laws. That makes Loki's statement relatively true. You don't need evidence to prove what is already proven.

:lol:

oh, ok this statement "It's because the actual point of gun control laws is not to disarm violent felons--the point of gun control is to disarm regular folks." is RELATIVELY proven, so it shouldnt be questioned. :lol:

if people are really going to base their vote on gun laws when our economy is in the shitter good luck to ya.

Obama has said that he believes in the 2nd amendment but he sees no reason why there can't be a ban on certain weapons.

it doesn't need to be a free for all.

When Obama can define the term "bear arms" correctly he can tell me that he "believes" in the second amendment.

Forum List

Back