NRA Member Who Lost Sister To Gun Violence Tearfully Asks Senate To Protect Women

True. They reveal themselves as gross hypocrites right there. If they wanted to save lives they would outlaw private swimming pools, which account for many more child deaths than guns.

One again Rabbi - you post absolute bullshit.

From 2005 to 2009 a total of 707 children (below age 14) died by drowning

During that same period 1,809 were killed by guns.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/FIREARM_DEATHS_AND_DEATH_RATES.pdf

CDC - Water-Related Injuries Facts - Home and Recreational Safety - Injury Center

Are you just a pathological liar - or just too stupid to know you are lying.

I'd like to know.

Another liebral who doesnt understand statistics. Just go away.

Freakonomics » Chapter 5

So it is INTENTIONAL dishonesty.
You just keep spouting your bullshit lies - I'll keep setting the record straight you worthless piece of shit.

There is no way to prevent firearms from being manufactured, and used. The US Constitution also remains, with the 2nd Amendment; only changes in humans are possible.

If women want to be safer, buy a GOOD gun and learn how to use it.

Make a trip to a gun range that rents guns and provides instruction on safety and proper handling.

Take the gun safety class.

Take a shooting class.

Try a bunch of different guns in different calibers, find one in a suitable self defense caliber that you feel comfortable shooting.

Practice, practice, practice.

Not only could it save your life, but it's fun.

Afraid of having a gun in the house because you have young children?

Get yourself a touchpad GunVault, and bolt it down where you have easy access to it.

gunvault-mvb500-microbiovault-handgun-safe-2.jpg

Only you can get to it, but you can get to it quickly if necessary.

Don't be a victim...when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Guns are a tool that help woman when police are 5 minutes away. So you want to see more dead woman?

Nope - I think anyone who can pass a background check has the right to own a gun.

This isn't about safety, or background checks.

What the gun grabbers what is a list of all gun owners and the guns they own.

If you can't buy and sell privately, the government has a record of every serial number and owner of every firearm.

For ease of confiscation.

Guns are a tool that help woman when police are 5 minutes away. So you want to see more dead woman?

Nope - I think anyone who can pass a background check has the right to own a gun.

If you can't buy and sell privately, the government has a record of every serial number and owner of every firearm.

I'm all for background checks and registration. We should also require background checks and registration of books because if there is anything more dangerous than guns, it is ideas. Ideas have led to revolutions and mass unrest and rioting.

If it'll save just one life, then it's totally worth it.

CDC - Water-Related Injuries Facts - Home and Recreational Safety - Injury Center

I'd like to know.

Freakonomics » Chapter 5

You just keep spouting your bullshit lies - I'll keep setting the record straight you worthless piece of shit.
Two sources have disproven what you wrote. What is it about statistics that's hard for you to understand?

This story is about how a guy who was under an order of protection was able to get a gun off the internet within an hour, so he could go shoot his wife with it.

Requiring background checks for all gun purchases is a simple easy fix.

I know the NRA has been successful in drumming up a lot of hysteria over "gun-grabbers" and how every common-sense idea is really "the start of the gun grabbing."

Yes, there ARE radicals out there who would love to take away everyone's guns. I think there are about 147 of them. That minority is so small, that they are about as close to overturning the Second Amendment as we are to setting up a colony on the sun.

Freakonomics » Chapter 5

Two sources have disproven what you wrote. What is it about statistics that's hard for you to understand?

You're full of shit. I documented your lie.

OWN IT you lying sack of shit.

This story is about how a guy who was under an order of protection was able to get a gun off the internet within an hour, so he could go shoot his wife with it.

I know the NRA has been successful in drumming up a lot of hysteria over "gun-grabbers" and how every common-sense idea is really "the start of the gun grabbing."

Yes, there ARE radicals out there who would love to take away everyone's guns. I think there are about 147 of them. That minority is so small, that they are about as close to overturning the Second Amendment as we are to setting up a colony on the sun.

Its no fix at all. If the buyer and seller are both criminals why would they possibly submit to a background check?
You arent good at this thinking beyond Stage One stuff, are you?

You're full of shit. I documented your lie.

OWN IT you lying sack of shit.

Two sources show you are wrong. You are the lying sack of pathetic shit. Pathetic because you dont even understand what you wrote.

More to the point, gun owners who oppose universal background checks see a tremendous downside to the mandate. They believe that universal background checks will lead, eventually, to firearms confiscation.

We can argue about the likelihood of that happening: the federal or state government outlawing and then confiscating a type of weapon (say, assault rifles). We can debate the chances of government deeming an entire class of people unsuitable for gun ownership (say, people who take anti-depressants). But there’s no doubt that a “universal background check” law—requiring all firearms sales to go through an FFL dealer—would create a gun registry.

Equally, there’s no question that gun registries enable gun confiscation. It’s common sense; it’s a whole lot easier to confiscate guns if you know who’s got what gun and where they live. From gun confiscation a loss of individual liberty inevitably flows, engendering state-sponsored mass murder. That is the nightmare that millions of gun owners fear.

Again, this is not paranoia. The formula—gun registration => gun confiscation => police state => mass murder—is a demonstrable, historical and contemporary fact of life. Click here for a post making that connection. Or ask yourself why anyone would allow themselves to be the victim of genocide if they were armed.

Universal Background Checks for Dummies | The Truth About Guns

A good, fact filled article...check it out.

Last edited:

More to the point, gun owners who oppose universal background checks see a tremendous downside to the mandate. They believe that universal background checks will lead, eventually, to firearms confiscation.

We can argue about the likelihood of that happening: the federal or state government outlawing and then confiscating a type of weapon (say, assault rifles). We can debate the chances of government deeming an entire class of people unsuitable for gun ownership (say, people who take anti-depressants). But there’s no doubt that a “universal background check” law—requiring all firearms sales to go through an FFL dealer—would create a gun registry.

Equally, there’s no question that gun registries enable gun confiscation. It’s common sense; it’s a whole lot easier to confiscate guns if you know who’s got what gun and where they live. From gun confiscation a loss of individual liberty inevitably flows, engendering state-sponsored mass murder. That is the nightmare that millions of gun owners fear.

Again, this is not paranoia. The formula—gun registration => gun confiscation => police state => mass murder—is a demonstrable, historical and contemporary fact of life. Click here for a post making that connection. Or ask yourself why anyone would allow themselves to be the victim of genocide if they were armed.

Universal Background Checks for Dummies | The Truth About Guns

A good, fact filled article...check it out.

Gun grabbers are not trustworthy.

When seconds count, police are usually just five minutes away. Police seldom get there in time to protect the victims. When people need protection, it is up to them to see to that protection. That includes women. A 5'8'' woman with a .45 is equal to a 6'5" man with a .45.

I'd like to know.

Freakonomics » Chapter 5

here is Web MD....they say drowning....for toddlers....

Drowning Top Cause of Injury Deaths in Kids 1-4

After her ex slashed her tires and physically threatened her, Zina had obtained a restraining order against him, which should have prohibited him under federal law from buying a gun. But he was able to purchase a gun online, where private sellers are not required to conduct background checks.

"He posted an ad saying, 'Serious buyer looking to buy a gun ASAP,'" Elvin said. "Within an hour, he found an unlicensed seller, and they met at a McDonald's parking lot."

The highlights in this case:

1. There are no regulations on conducting background checks for online gun sales.

2. There are no regulations on unlicensed gun dealers.

3. There are no regulations on federal law-breakers preventing them from buying guns.

We need to regulate criminals more heavily. Maybe then, there would be less crime. I'm sure the Wrongpublicans of USMB will be outraged at the thought of more regulation, but guess what, Wrongpublicans? Next time, it won't be someone you view as less than humyn, like a minority or womyn. Next time, it'll be you instead. So when you whine about "hurr durr we don need no rules," remember that those rules are in place to protect everyone, including you.

1. Wrong.
2. Wrong.
3. Wrong

Prove it. Cite for me the exact laws that regulate unlicensed gun dealers and those in violation of federal laws. Also provide for us a link to the regulations that require private online gun sellers to conduct background checks, as well as a copy of the email you will undoubtedly be sending to the author of the OP's article, correcting hyr assertion--

But he was able to purchase a gun online, where private sellers are not required to conduct background checks.

--that there are no background check requirements for private online gun sales.

4. You cannot regulate criminals, by definition.

Ever heard of a prison, conservatard? Or a jail? Or law enforcement? All of those things are designed specifically to regulate crymynyls. Or is it your assertion that prisons are there to regulate law-abiding cytyzyns?

If you really cared about "wymyn" you would support fewer restrictions on their right to keep and bear arms. Guns save lives.

Wrong again. Guns end lives; doctors save them.

You know, doctors? The kind of pyyple that President Obama wants to make sure every American is able to see? The kind of pyyple that Wrongpublican lawmakers refuse to allow to serve the poor? Those doctors are the ones I'm referring to.

Proof that enforcement of restraining orders saves lives.

How do you enforce a restraining order if there exists easy options for the abusive maniac to still get a gun or buy ammo?

If a restraining order meant your name instantly goes to every retailer in the area and privates sales must be check.... then the crazed husband has to risk going to the streets, dealing with a criminal element -- and the street price will be incredibly high as the black market dries up when private sellers are liable for selling to strangers.

Forum List

Back