NRA issues threatening video to intimidate opponents

No kidding. It used to be wonderful to live here - and there are still good aspects. The LW totalitarian politics, however, has turned it into a third world country. The middle class cannot afford homes. Homeless tent encampments cluster under freeway overpasses. And the minority of us who have been fortunate to work in high tech land bought our houses at the right time live very well. I want out before the entire thing collapses, but I'm not leaving Mom.

My BIL and his wife moved to the Los Angeles area somewhere, and proudly told us about buying their "dream house" for $300,000 there. When we looked at the pics, it was very obvious that their house was smaller and older than our house in Tucson, which would have sold at the time for around $175,000. You would weep to find out what $300,000 would buy here.

Oh, I know. I frequently peruse Zillow while researching possible areas for my eventual relocation. Housing prices here are insane. I'm just glad I bought in the dip between bubbles.

You should give some thought to Arizona. I rarely say that, especially to people from California, because I frankly would rather a lot fewer people (especially those with California-style ideas) flooded in here, but you're pretty cool, and I think you would enjoy the Grand Canyon State. Plus, it's close enough to visit those parts of California that are still fun.

Thanks! AZ is on our list!

Convince your family to come, and the odds are very good you'll be able to find really nice homes that are all in the same area. Lord knows, that's largely what MY family has done.

I moved from San Jose to Georgia. I had a duplex in San Jose. I bought a huge five bedroom house on a big lot in Marietta (outside Atlanta) for less than I sold my two bedroom duplex for and got a nice raise to boot

My BIL and his wife moved to the Los Angeles area somewhere, and proudly told us about buying their "dream house" for $300,000 there. When we looked at the pics, it was very obvious that their house was smaller and older than our house in Tucson, which would have sold at the time for around $175,000. You would weep to find out what $300,000 would buy here.

Oh, I know. I frequently peruse Zillow while researching possible areas for my eventual relocation. Housing prices here are insane. I'm just glad I bought in the dip between bubbles.

You should give some thought to Arizona. I rarely say that, especially to people from California, because I frankly would rather a lot fewer people (especially those with California-style ideas) flooded in here, but you're pretty cool, and I think you would enjoy the Grand Canyon State. Plus, it's close enough to visit those parts of California that are still fun.

Convince your family to come, and the odds are very good you'll be able to find really nice homes that are all in the same area. Lord knows, that's largely what MY family has done.

I moved from San Jose to Georgia. I had a duplex in San Jose. I bought a huge five bedroom house on a big lot in Marietta (outside Atlanta) for less than I sold my two bedroom duplex for and got a nice raise to boot

Our equity is 4X the purchase price for our house - we plan to buy a new home outright with plenty leftover to put aside for retirement. We're some of the fortunate ones who bought at the right time; we could never afford to buy this same house at current prices.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I lived in San Jose in the 90s. It's sad what leftists have done to that beautiful State

No kidding. It used to be wonderful to live here - and there are still good aspects. The LW totalitarian politics, however, has turned it into a third world country. The middle class cannot afford homes. Homeless tent encampments cluster under freeway overpasses. And the minority of us who have been fortunate to work in high tech land bought our houses at the right time live very well. I want out before the entire thing collapses, but I'm not leaving Mom.

Yes. My best bud from the bay area moved his family to Nevada. But Arizona is a common place for people to go as well

Yes, and I wish the vast majority of them would quit it. They're annoying.

That's what we're discussing. My brother and I would like to do this. mr. boe is open to it. I'd love my other siblings to join, but I think some of are going to have to move first so that they can then see what it's like.

No prob there. Just invite 'em out for a visit in the spring or fall, and they'll be sold. Our weather is a bit better than Cali's usually is around those times, because it's warmer here, and there are tons of cool things going on then to sightsee and do.

That's what we're discussing. My brother and I would like to do this. mr. boe is open to it. I'd love my other siblings to join, but I think some of are going to have to move first so that they can then see what it's like.

No prob there. Just invite 'em out for a visit in the spring or fall, and they'll be sold. Our weather is a bit better than Cali's usually is around those times, because it's warmer here, and there are tons of cool things going on then to sightsee and do.

Thanks! Do you mind me asking where is AZ you are? I'm trying to get an idea of the better areas to target.

Thanks! Do you mind me asking where is AZ you are? I'm trying to get an idea of the better areas to target.

I live in Phoenix, just off the northeast border with Glendale. I moved here in November from Tucson, which is also a nice city. Really depends on whether you want CITY or "city that thinks it's a small town".

Yes. My best bud from the bay area moved his family to Nevada. But Arizona is a common place for people to go as well

You mean leaving California? Why would they do that? The attitude of California politicians is be our bitch or get the hell out. Seems like an easy choice. I picked the latter

You mean leaving California? Why would they do that? The attitude of California politicians is be our bitch or get the hell out. Seems like an easy choice. I picked the latter

No, I mean coming to Arizona.

I live in Phoenix, just off the northeast border with Glendale. I moved here in November from Tucson, which is also a nice city. Really depends on whether you want CITY or "city that thinks it's a small town".

I want the "small town" version of a city. Enough infrastructure for daily living, friendly people, and space.

The NRA does not engage in stereotypical terrorism.

The NRA engages in political terrorism.

Paralyzing the US political arena and bending it to their will, through (marginally) legal Corruption and Bribery and Fear-Mongering.

Nationwide standards and enforcement for purposes of controlling firearms ownership and transfers saves lives.

We need look no further than other developed Western countries for the proof of that, and the courage to try it "American-style".

Every day that the NRA obfuscates and obstructs is another collection of scalps for the NRA political savages - more innocent lives lost.

I want the "small town" version of a city. Enough infrastructure for daily living, friendly people, and space.

Then you would probably like Tucson. Even though it is home to about 800,000 people in its metro area, it's never really gotten over the idea that it's a small retirement community.

The NRA does not engage in stereotypical terrorism.

The NRA engages in political terrorism.

Paralyzing the US political arena and bending it to their will, through (marginally) legal Corruption and Bribery and Fear-Mongering.

Nationwide standards and enforcement for purposes of controlling firearms ownership and transfers saves lives.

We need look no further than other developed Western countries for the proof of that, and the courage to try it "American-style".

Every day that the NRA obfuscates and obstructs is another collection of scalps for the NRA political savages - more innocent lives lost.

Do you have any concept what an ignorant bore you actually are?

Then you would probably like Tucson. Even though it is home to about 800,000 people in its metro area, it's never really gotten over the idea that it's a small retirement community.

Good to know! Thanks!

I said Arab-Americans, not Muslims. You lose. Better luck next time.

As for children with guns, the 2nd doesn't disallow it.

So race is OK with you to discriminate but not religion. Thanks for clarifying.

You didn't answer my question ... again. If children cannot be denied the right to buy a gun, how can you force a children to take a nap? How are you so dim you can't grasp that contradiction?
I don't get the analogy with the nap, do you have a right to a nap in the Constitution?:dunno:

I'm not saying Arabs shouldn't be able to buy guns (although not a terrible idea :biggrin:). Geez, lucky for you that you didn't have to pass an IQ test to get a weapon.

I keep saying "force" a child to take a nap. I also said you put them in a crib and detain them against their will. You admitted you can't do that to an adult. That is a violation of equal protection if the child has 14th amendment rights. You cannot forcibly detain an adult. If a child has the same rights, you can't forcibly detain them either. How do you not get that?

You're arguing the child has 2nd amendment rights, it does not have 14th amendment rights. You lose.

You really aren't very smart. No wonder your other arguments are so bad.

there are many rights that are limited until adulthood.... I'm not quite sure what the confusion is here.

You meant to say that to Taz, not me. That's exactly what I'm arguing. It's Taz who's arguing children have the same rights as adults. You only look at sides and which one they're on, not what they are saying, don't you?
I'm not arguing that children have the same rights, I'm getting you to acknowledge that you're ok with putting limits on the 2nd Amendment, so that your argument to not touch the 2nd is moot.

I said Arab-Americans, not Muslims. You lose. Better luck next time.

As for children with guns, the 2nd doesn't disallow it.

So race is OK with you to discriminate but not religion. Thanks for clarifying.

You didn't answer my question ... again. If children cannot be denied the right to buy a gun, how can you force a children to take a nap? How are you so dim you can't grasp that contradiction?
I don't get the analogy with the nap, do you have a right to a nap in the Constitution?:dunno:

I'm not saying Arabs shouldn't be able to buy guns (although not a terrible idea :biggrin:). Geez, lucky for you that you didn't have to pass an IQ test to get a weapon.

I keep saying "force" a child to take a nap. I also said you put them in a crib and detain them against their will. You admitted you can't do that to an adult. That is a violation of equal protection if the child has 14th amendment rights. You cannot forcibly detain an adult. If a child has the same rights, you can't forcibly detain them either. How do you not get that?

You're arguing the child has 2nd amendment rights, it does not have 14th amendment rights. You lose.

You really aren't very smart. No wonder your other arguments are so bad.
"The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment is said to apply to children"
Children's Rights

Neither of your links support your position.

You need to turn yourself into police for violating the Constitutional rights of your children by holding them captive against their will. You should write down every time you did that so they can charge you with each count
My position is that you're ok with limiting the 2nd Amendment. So stop cherry-picking your outrage.

OMG. OK, fine, I'll really, really dumb this down for you.

The equal protection clause says you cannot treat people differently under the law.

There is no age stated on the equal protection clause, there is no age stated on the second amendment.

You agreed you cannot detain an adult against their will, but you are arguing that you can detain a child against their will.

You are contradicting yourself. You are arguing equal protection does not apply to children, but the second amendment does apply to children.

That's what happens when you argue the stupid crap you argue. You contradict yourself all the time and you're just too dim witted to see it.

You cannot have it both ways. Either it's Unconstitutional to force a child to take a nap, or it's not Unconstitutional for a child to not be able to buy a gun
A child WANTS to take a nap, I'm not forcing anyone to take a nap. I've had children, so I know. And I've NEVER locked a child in a crib, you must be a sicko. So, um... looks like you failed EPICALLY again.

You never forcibly detained your children. You never made your children stay in their crib, a playpen or their room. If they wanted to wander off in the store, go into the basement unsupervised, get down from the table, go into the yard, run out into the street, you tried to persuade them, but you never forced them to stay anywhere against their will.

Gawd you're a liar.

It's hilarious how every time you're pressed, your arguments get even more pathetic
That's different than a nap, now you're adding all kinds of things. So let see, my kids have wandered off in a store, went in the basement unsupervised, got down from the table on their own, went into the yard (assuming they were old enough to know how to open a door), never ran out into the street though because they're not retards, and I can't get them to go or stay anywhere they don't want to be. Does that answer your questions?

Yes, you have a double standard. You cannot kidnap an adult. By the 14th amendment, that means you cannot kidnap a child. Which you did.

Notice how you claim your point is that you're just establishing there are limits on the bill of rights. Here's how your argument goes.

If you can establish any limit no matter how contrived, then you can limit the amendment in any way you want to limit it.

If children cannot buy guns, then you can ban guns and because the second amendment means nothing. It can be limited in one way, therefore it can be limited in any and all ways.

It's a bull shit argument
There can only be a kidnapping if you have a complainant. My children never made such a claim to police, but I feel sorry for you, because apparently, yours have. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back