NRA claims ‘massive Obama conspiracy’ not to ban guns

The NRA must believe Americans are really dumb, they sleep with their guns and will send bundles of money to the NRA to save America.

Nobody is that dumb?

We're not are we?

NRA claims ‘massive Obama conspiracy’ not to ban guns*|*Raw Replay

You just can’t please some people.

In the eyes of National Rifle Association (NRA) executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, President Barack Obama’s decision not to pursue gun control legislation is a “massive conspiracy,” and just another reason not to give him a second term.

“[The Obama campaign] will say gun owners — they’ll say they left them alone,” LaPierre told an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Friday. “In public, he’ll remind us that he’s put off calls from his party to renew the Clinton [assault weapons] ban, he hasn’t pushed for new gun control laws… The president will offer the Second Amendment lip service and hit the campaign trail saying he’s actually been good for the Second Amendment.”

“But it’s a big fat stinking lie!” the NRA leader exclaimed. “It’s all part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and destroy the Second Amendment in our country.”

“Obama himself is no fool. So when he got elected, they concocted a scheme to stay away from the gun issue, lull gun owners to sleep and play us for fools in 2012. Well, gun owners are not fools and we are not fooled,” La Pierre declared.

<more>

How sneaky!

Taking away our guns by not taking away our guns!!!!

and then there's this.

"ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information."

Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

Hmmm...... So if a gun shop on the border sell about a thousand AK's in one sale, that should be of no interest to the governments of the US and Mexico?

Hmmm...... So if a gun shop on the border sell about a thousand AK's in one sale, that should be of no interest to the governments of the US and Mexico?

Of course it's of interest. It becomes even more so when it's the ATF DEMANDING that the sale be allowed to happen.

I had to go through a Federal background check to buy just one

Not sure what your point is

Yes, it brings in money from the brain dead....I am a member of the NRA, but I throw that shit away....or start my neighborhood bon fires with it.

I remember once as a teenager getting a call from them. They meant to call my uncle who lived next door. It all about how the Democrats were in league with the UN to take everyone's guns and send "real, patriotic Americans" to concentration camps. I think part of my soul died that day.

I'm guessing that call came recently??

Little over a decade ago.

NRA claims ‘massive Obama conspiracy’ not to ban guns*|*Raw Replay

You just can’t please some people.

In the eyes of National Rifle Association (NRA) executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, President Barack Obama’s decision not to pursue gun control legislation is a “massive conspiracy,” and just another reason not to give him a second term.

“[The Obama campaign] will say gun owners — they’ll say they left them alone,” LaPierre told an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Friday. “In public, he’ll remind us that he’s put off calls from his party to renew the Clinton [assault weapons] ban, he hasn’t pushed for new gun control laws… The president will offer the Second Amendment lip service and hit the campaign trail saying he’s actually been good for the Second Amendment.”

“But it’s a big fat stinking lie!” the NRA leader exclaimed. “It’s all part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and destroy the Second Amendment in our country.”

“Obama himself is no fool. So when he got elected, they concocted a scheme to stay away from the gun issue, lull gun owners to sleep and play us for fools in 2012. Well, gun owners are not fools and we are not fooled,” La Pierre declared.

<more>

Did he get rid of any of the laws that restrict our right to bear arms?

no, no he did not.

so fuck him.

Saying he's trying to take away guns because he didn't reduce the already laughable restrictions further is a bizarre argument. But actually, the only piece of gun legislation to the move in the past few years did reduce a restrict (allowed carry in the national parks).

Of course it's of interest. It becomes even more so when it's the ATF DEMANDING that the sale be allowed to happen.

Hush old rocks is trying to defend obama.
He's failing but trying

well, what did he say that was wrong?

A lot of people felt that way, that's why gun sales went through the roof when Obama was elected..And then of course we have HOLDER who wanted to brainwash people against guns..You people really believe that A LOT of people didn't see what Obama was about, but his actions from his past spoke loud and clear..
See, La Pierre succeeds in selling bullshit.
What it really means is that, Steffy is a notorious RW dunce and dupe, who has NO interest whatsoever in finding ANYTHING good about Obama.

According to her and her ilk, whatever he's for...they're against it.

There are many, many, many radical RWers just like her...unfortunately.

oh waaaa, steffy can't find anything good about Obama....waaa
I did try and couldn't find one damn thing about him good, not even as a person..
so sorry if the upsets you, but I don't HAVE to like him, the same as most of you didn't like Bush
need tissues?

Last edited:
The ONLY reason The Obama hasn't pushed His gun control agenda is that he knows it will cost Him and His party, politically.

He believes in much stronger gun control than we have now, but is unwilling to sacrifice the partisian political power it will cost to get it.

Last edited:
Now that we have a line on how Obama works life becomes simpler. For example, I know he wants to take away our television sets because he hasn't touched them as yet. What about our computers, has Obama taken one away, more evidence that he will soon take them all. And what of our toilets, seem all safe and sound, well mine anyway, so how long will it be before there's Obama taking our commodes. Nothing is safe.

Now that we have a line on how Obama works life becomes simpler. For example, I know he wants to take away our television sets because he hasn't touched them as yet. What about our computers, has Obama taken one away, more evidence that he will soon take them all. And what of our toilets, seem all safe and sound, well mine anyway, so how long will it be before there's Obama taking our commodes. Nothing is safe.
Forgive me for spamming, but every time I read bullshit like this the link I post is needed.

Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

Forgive me for spamming, but every time I read bullshit like this the link I post is needed.

You're forgiven. Hopefully one of these times the morons will actually READ what CBS uncovered...

Doubtful, but there is Hope... :D

Does the purchaser pass the background check?
Yes? Then no.
No? Then yes - as with any NICS denial, the resaon for the denial shoud be investigated and, it applicable, he should he prosecuted.

How many NICS denials has Holder investigated/prosecuted? How many convictions?

Last edited:

I swear he's already taken some of you people brains..

You're forgiven. Hopefully one of these times the morons will actually READ what CBS uncovered...

Doubtful, but there is Hope... :D

And it wasn't even fox. I bet CBS saved this hoping that fast and the furious would be linked to bush, and forgot about it.

Gun control gets no traction even in the most liberal American circles anymore. The issue is as settled and dead as the question of slavery.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's pretty dead.

Here are some excerpts from an article I read:

Senate opposition is growing to President Obama's support for a United Nations effort that could bring international gun control into the United States and slap America's gun owners with severe restrictions.

At last count, 55 senators, including 10 Democrats, have signed letters to the president and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton saying they will oppose the Arms Trade Treaty . The treaty must win a two-thirds majority to win passage, meaning that approval appears doomed if the treaty language isn't changed.

The treaty, which the Bush administration had opposed, deals with the international trade of arms. It would cover the trading of conventional firearms likes those used by collectors and sportsmen and women.

The senators and groups like the National Rifle Association argue that it would essentially gut the Second Amendment by allowing an international authority to control American gun ownership.

Emphasis mine.

Well, let's see if I have this right. President Obama has not tried to pass any gun laws at all, which means that he intends to take away all of your guns? Perhaps had he proposed some gun laws, then that would mean he does not intend to take away any of your guns? This logic seems a bit confusing.

Goes to show that the NRA knows there is a sucker born every minute.
Yep! The ATF sold guns to Honduran criminals under "Operation Castaway" but that wasn't Obama, that was the ATF.

When are the Repugs gonna' get it through their heads that OBAMA DOESN"T WORK FOR THE ATF?

I don't get your point, but then I am a little slow.

Isn't the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives) a law enforcement organization within the United States Department of Treasury?

Isn't the Sec of the Treasury appointed by Obama and does he not report directly to the President?

I would like to see a link to whoever told you that Obama worked for the ATF, and I will agree that they are not too bright. Then again, you might have just made that up, huh!

We have a lot of gun laws and they don't seem to deter crime. It is my second ammendment right to own a gun as long as I don't use it to break the law. Quit making excuses for people who commit crimes, stop making prisons a country club for gangs and the gun problem goes away.

commit a crime with a gun and die. Execute about 40,000 the first years and what the number fall. I have been a gun owner for 61 years since I was 9. Not one crime has been committed by myself or any of my guns.

Forum List

Back