Now that Rep is nearing a demise...

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Now that we know that Rep is going away, it is ceasing to be, it will soon be No More...

How about getting rid of all the constraints and letting members rep as much as they want until it's gone?

The rules seem rather silly at this point.

Rep was a good idea that was perhaps impossible to implement well. A user's reputation isn't a function of a numerical value or other indicators, but simply what people think of them based on previous posts. That's a hard thing to quantify. And doing so just makes the value arbitrary. Is a person more or less reliable because of relatively high or low 'Reputation?' The value tells us nothing except maybe how long they've been on-site. I've seen posts from those with very high reps I didn't think much of, and posts from those with very low ones I was very impressed with. But I've yet to ever dismiss or accept a post based solely on the Rep value. So having it in the first place is silly if it doesn't actually do anything.

I forsee many other reasons to whine coming about in order to take the place of the rep whine.

Ho'ing to score points will go on as if it rep had never stopped.

I would like it if we earned points for each post we made, and could store them up and change our usernames, or buy a larger avatar etc.

I would like it if we earned points for each post we made, and could store them up and change our usernames, or buy a larger avatar etc.

I'd like it better if we could use them like Green Stamps and use them to buy t-shirts and housewares.:D

I'd like it better if we could use them like Green Stamps and use them to buy t-shirts and housewares.:D

Grandma, this is the end - our big chance to make whoopee -- pucker up!

old+men+kiss+funny+image.jpg

I snatch defeat and take off for the turnstiles
it frightens me
but of course I kid
the real fearv is weather or not I can get high on the skunk

with the night dying down and the moon catching the last taxi
bickering about
which way is shortest
I shhot my dying gas-eater and
burned my credit card

all a big show folks!!!
there was never any cab driver to stiff

only a man and his failed asperations

manifesting itself upon the guilible suckers of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rep ho's don't need to be real ho's either.

Forum List

Back