Now it's the Utah governors turn to step in it

He's right when he said: "What your attraction may be is something else, but how you act upon those impulses is a choice."

Yes, the only choice is in acting upon our natural or god-given attractions. In a free society, why should it matter if we choose to act upon our attractions as long as it is with other consenting adults? Why should that disqualify us from equal protection under the law for our partnerships?

The Governor should be asked how he would feel if California were to pass a law, by people's referendum, that would prohibit Mormons from getting a civil marriage license.

No one is limiting your partnerships. You are as free to write a partnership agreement as anyone else.

There is a Constitutionally guaranteed right of freedom of religion. There is no Constitutionally guaranteed right to fuck.

I never said limiting partnerships, I said not treating them equally under the law. My marriage is not treated the same as your marriage. That will end when the rest of DOMA is struck down or when the SCOTUS rules all anti gay marriage laws unconstitutional.

No matter how many laws are struck down, you still won't have a marriage. You can do no more than pretend to have a marriage. Even if you have laws protecting your delusion, it will never be more than a delusion.

Homosexuality as an act is of course a choice. So is buying a gun. So is being baptized Catholic. So is writing a letter to the editor of a paper. So is heterosexuality.

He's right when he said: "What your attraction may be is something else, but how you act upon those impulses is a choice."

Yes, the only choice is in acting upon our natural or god-given attractions. In a free society, why should it matter if we choose to act upon our attractions as long as it is with other consenting adults? Why should that disqualify us from equal protection under the law for our partnerships?

The Governor should be asked how he would feel if California were to pass a law, by people's referendum, that would prohibit Mormons from getting a civil marriage license.

No one is limiting your partnerships. You are as free to write a partnership agreement as anyone else.

There is a Constitutionally guaranteed right of freedom of religion. There is no Constitutionally guaranteed right to fuck.

The civil union blind is over.

Step along.

I never said limiting partnerships, I said not treating them equally under the law. My marriage is not treated the same as your marriage. That will end when the rest of DOMA is struck down or when the SCOTUS rules all anti gay marriage laws unconstitutional.

No matter how many laws are struck down, you still won't have a marriage. You can do no more than pretend to have a marriage. Even if you have laws protecting your delusion, it will never be more than a delusion.

Your delusion, Katzndogz, does not dictate the law.

Good thing we're a nation of laws not "beliefs". It doesn't matter what you "believe", I still have a legal marriage license that affords me almost the exact same rights, benefits and privileges as yours (except mine comes with a dependent ID for my military retiree spouse :lol:). Once DOMA is completely struck down, it will be exactly the same.

Gee, guy, A Mormon trying to impose his silly cult on other people.

Good thing we dodged that bullet nationally, eh?

He's not imposing anything. He's speaking freely....something that the constitution guarantees. And his statement isn't necessarily false either.

Actually he is. By demanding that the law be defended, he's imposing 2nd class citizenship on his gay constituents.

No, he does not have that power. He can offer his opinions but thats it. He's not imposing anything. And gays arent second class citizens. Thats just more emotional conjecture.

When it comes to marriage, LBT, most Americans and many courts federal and state disagree with you. Yes, gays are second class citizens when it comes to marriage equality.

He's not imposing anything. He's speaking freely....something that the constitution guarantees. And his statement isn't necessarily false either.

Actually he is. By demanding that the law be defended, he's imposing 2nd class citizenship on his gay constituents.

No, he does not have that power. He can offer his opinions but thats it. He's not imposing anything. And gays arent second class citizens. Thats just more emotional conjecture.

The AG of Utah is an elected position...except right now, the guy is appointed 'cause the last jerk had to resign. Guess who appointed him? Yup, the Guv. He's serving at the pleasure of the Governor of Utah.

Homosexuality as an act is of course a choice. So is buying a gun. So is being baptized Catholic. So is writing a letter to the editor of a paper. So is heterosexuality.
At least someone admits the lie the movement based its sympathy and built support on...... what other lies might they be propagandizing with....

At least someone admits the lie the movement based its sympathy and built support on...... what other lies might they be propagandizing with....

What? You wanna try that mishmash in English, Sarah Palin.

When it comes to marriage, LBT, most Americans and many courts federal and state disagree with you. Yes, gays are second class citizens when it comes to marriage equality.

So are polygamists.

Where polygamy is legal:

imgw_polygamy-map-2.jpg

Marriage equality for gays:

6a00d8341c630a53ef0167666634a0970b-pi

Hmmm....

Pretty simple...."we cant help it so any opposition is ignorance and hate....oh and since its not a choice we would never ever recruit since thats impossible if its not a choice....

Pretty simple...."we cant help it so any opposition is ignorance and hate....oh and since its not a choice we would never ever recruit since thats impossible if its not a choice....

Okay, so let's go with your choice premise. How does that change application of the 14th amendment? Is falling in love with someone of another race a choice? Is religion a choice? Would a state constitutional amendment prohibiting Mormons from a civil marriage license be Constitutional since Mormonism is a choice?

All of that doesn't change the definition of marriage like you want to. Your problem is what you have is not a marriage....declaring it one doesnt make it one. Now that critical mass of support has been achieved mask is coming off.

All of that doesn't change the definition of marriage like you want to. Your problem is what you have is not a marriage....declaring it one doesnt make it one. Now that critical mass of support has been achieved mask is coming off.

The "definition" of marriage hasn't changed. Did it change the definition of voting when blacks and women could do it? No. Marriage remains the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple.

It's Utah. I'm surprised he didn't say that the only thing that protects him form those marauding faggots for equality is his magic Mormon underpants.

True enough. We used to have some pretty damn good governors - Rampton and Matheson in my lifetime. Then with Bangerter, the state went hard core hayseed with only one brief respite - Huntsman.

Forum List

Back