Vietnam Bringback 1955 Chi-Com Type 53 Carbine

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Cloned after the Soviet M1944 the Type 53 saw service with many Chi-Com client states, mainly Vietnam.

3 001 (2).JPG

This one came to me by way of word of mouth so I followed up on it and bought it this morning from the widow of a Vietnam Vet who passed about six months ago.

All matching numbers with a good bore. No import marks but sadly no paperwork officially IDing it as a bringback.

It has a interesting sling arrangement....Two copper riveted leather straps through the sling holes in the stock with a tired SKS sling looped through them, crude but effective....There was never a official sling for the Type 53, they used what was at hand.

The Chu-wood stock must have a thousand dings. The carbine has about 40% of it's finish left......That's called "character". ;)

I couldn't help but notice that you didn't mention what you gave for it.

Did you use any lube or go in dry? :laughing0301:

I couldn't help but notice that you didn't mention what you gave for it.

Did you use any lube or go in dry? :laughing0301:
I'm almost embarrassed to say....$250.00.

I was buying them in like condition by the case for $39.00 a pop back in the 90s from Navy Arms.

No they weren't bringbacks but still. The damn things are bringing $400.00+ now and most are mismatches.

I'm almost embarrassed to say....$250.00.

I was buying them in like condition by the case for $39.00 a pop back in the 90s from Navy Arms.

No they weren't bringbacks but still. The damn things are bringing $400.00+ now and most are mismatches.

Good price. I would have snatched it up for that.

Forum List

Back