November

Last edited:
The facts are that you can leave a person up to I think it is now like 3 or 4 million (it was 2 for a long time) without you having to give sam some.

I dont know about you but I think a couple of mill is a good enough start for any kid to get started. Dont you think they should learn to stand on there own at some point? Maybe you think only poor kids need to do that?

It's not the government's money. The person who died already paid a lifetime of income and capital gains taxes to accumulate a bit of wealth.

Why are you so jealous of people who have had some success in life?

Last edited:
The facts are that you can leave a person up to I think it is now like 3 or 4 million (it was 2 for a long time) without you having to give sam some.

That amount doesn't make it any more the government's money or that of a grubby little parasite like you.

I dont know about you but I think a couple of mill is a good enough start for any kid to get started. Dont you think they should learn to stand on there own at some point

Who says they haven't learned how to do that? And even if they haven't, how is that any of your business?

They are different people than the people that left it to them, do you realise that ?

That amount doesn't make it any more the government's money or that of a grubby little parasite like you.

I dont know about you but I think a couple of mill is a good enough start for any kid to get started. Dont you think they should learn to stand on there own at some point

Who says they haven't learned how to do that? And even if they haven't, how is that any of your business?

They are different people than the people that left it to them, do you realise that ?

So fucking what? It's THEIRS.

And the government is taxing them both, taxing the SAME money TWICE, which was their point, snapperhead......

November can't come quickly enough for me. The fact that some are even on the fence about this bill tells me all I need to know about their competence to uphold the Constitution and the will of The People.

Flipping back and forth between the same two parties isn't going to change anything in the long run.

You're absolutely correct. I posted this a few days ago elsewhere:

It doesn't matter who is in the majority or minority. Congress is interested in one thing and one thing only, and that's fundraising to keep them in their respective positions of power. Legislating policy is secondary.

Republicans will grandstand over lower taxes and smaller government and thereby reap great rewards from from lobbyists for private enterprises who expect to gain from lower taxes and deregulation.

Democrats will grandstand over the plight of neverending poverty and how government programs will create a more productive society and thus increase revenues through more consumer spending, and the Democrats thereby reap great rewards from lobbyists who stand to gain from government subsidies.

The financial rewards (donations) to reform government or to limit government are both irresistible to our fundraising congresscritters.

They have reached the point where there's no longer any serious dialog across the aisles in a civil attempt to reach common ground among them regarding policies. It's become a battle over who can get the most face time on national television, who can express the greatest outrage (on national television), all the while obscuring the actual issue.

So essentially, by voting in a new batch, we're just electing different bottom feeders. The only way to FIX the situation is to bar lobbyists and restrict donations to the public only. Since such an action would limit "free speech," this can only be quickly done by a Constitutional Convention, which is a lot easier to do than the Constitutional amendment process. Meaningful campaign reform will never come from sitting congresses because then they might actually have to work 95% of the time instead of shaking down campaign contributions 95% of the time.

It's really tough for someone like me who has always maintained faith that our elected legislators, regardless of their party or ideology, held the best interests of their constituents and in the end all Americans as their noble priority. But I've finally had to admit, after 30+ years of closely following the political girations in Washington, and the absolute worst rearing its ugly head since November 2008, that the actions of politicians from both sides of the aisle has been a creeping malignancy all along, and Congress has finally reached terminal status.

Now you know how we all felt while Bush lied us into war,spied on the American people, distroyed the economy and cheated on elections to win.

What is you are all man about?

Oh yeah a bill to keep people alive.

You're right, when my parents die, the government is perfectly entitled to 60% of my inheritance, without my permission, to help pay for this monstrosity......

Are your parents millionnaires? If so, I'm sure they know a good CPA/tax attorney who will figure out how to hide your inheritance if and when Congress acts on reinstating the inheritance tax.

Are your parents millionnaires? If so, I'm sure they know a good CPA/tax attorney who will figure out how to hide your inheritance if and when Congress acts on reinstating the inheritance tax.

Not if they own a successful small business or a farm.

Most of the people hit by punitive inheritance taxes are those who own family businesses (which often have to be sold to pay the tax bill) or family farms (again, sold to pay the taxes).

The Uber Rich, such as Bill Gates and Warren Buffet who crow about being in favor of high taxes, have already shielded their wealth in charitable, tax exempt, trusts, which will provide lifetime employment at very high compensation levels for their descendants for many generations. Such charitable trusts don't work for family businesses.

Dude , you are fucking one lucky guy.

You do realize that a person can pass on a couple of million before they have to pay taxes on it right?

How many millions do they have to have to leave you only 40%?

I don't care if it's 100 bucks, why should the government get 60 of it ?

Get a job and leave the money that i and my parents earned alone ..........

Yep, we were taxed when we earned it.

Oh really? How many writeoffs can a wealthy individual take on a 1040, reducing his tax burden enormously? How many have accounts in the Caymen Islands? Will we ever see the list of names on three full CD's of Americans who hid billions in Swiss banks, particularly USB?

Now you know how we all felt while Bush lied us into war,spied on the American people, distroyed the economy and cheated on elections to win.

You're right, when my parents die, the government is perfectly entitled to 60% of my inheritance, without my permission, to help pay for this monstrosity......

Why should i have to hide it, whether it's $100 or $1,000,000 ? It's not for the government to confiscate .........

Oh really? How many writeoffs can a wealthy individual take on a 1040, reducing his tax burden enormously? How many have accounts in the Caymen Islands? Will we ever see the list of names on three full CD's of Americans who hid billions in Swiss banks, particularly USB?

That is a small minority.

It is also neither immoral nor illegal to take advantages of the tax code to reduce one's tax burden. Do you take any deductions or credits?

You are correct.

That's why the Left is completely Unhinged about the Tea Party movement. It attracts the 76% who self-identify as moderate or conservative.

Can you document those numbers?

Yes. Unlike you, I actually know what I'm talking about and have facts to back it up.

4449565072_039672f635_o.png

The increased conservatism that Gallup first identified among Americans last June persisted throughout the year, so that the final year-end political ideology figures confirm Gallup's initial reporting: conservatives (40%) outnumbered both moderates (36%) and liberals (21%) across the nation in 2009.

More broadly, the percentage of Americans calling themselves either conservative or liberal has increased over the last decade, while the percentage of moderates has declined.

Conservatives Finish 2009 as No. 1 Ideological Group

I will give Obama credit for one thing - he is Unifying People - just not in the way he had Hoped.

This does not document your claim, thanks for it anyway because it is interesting but please document the claim you actually made.

Show where 76% of cons and mods are tea party.

That's not what I said. Read for Comprehension...oops, you can't.

76% of the country does not self-identify as Liberals (actually more if you count the 4% who don't self-identify at all).

The Tea Partiers are certainly not attracting many of the 20% who are Liberals, meaning that movement is drawing largely from Moderates and Conservatives. Participation is growing - that scares the Left. If this were a fringe movement, it wouldn't receive so much negative attention from the leftwing media.

I harbor no illusion that you will comprehend any of this.

Dude , you are fucking one lucky guy.

You do realize that a person can pass on a couple of million before they have to pay taxes on it right?

How many millions do they have to have to leave you only 40%?

What difference does that make? Explain why uncle should get any of that money? That money that has been earned and already taxed . . . . why should the government get any more of it?

That is a small minority.

It is also neither immoral nor illegal to take advantages of the tax code to reduce one's tax burden. Do you take any deductions or credits?

Funny that you should defend writeoffs, while I'll bet you're one of those who would advocate a complete tax code overhaul for either a flat tax or a fair tax, which would essentially remove them.

I would happily see the country adopt tax simplification. We waste an enormous amount of time and money complying with a byzantine tax code that the IRS itself doesn't understand (staff members give different interpretations of the same provision).

Faulting someone for legally minimizing his tax burden is faulting him for acting in his own self interest. That is what Progressives often try to do - but even they don't like paying taxes.

That's not what I said. Read for Comprehension...oops, you can't.

76% of the country does not self-identify as Liberals (actually more if you count the 4% who don't self-identify at all).

The Tea Partiers are certainly not attracting many of the 20% who are Liberals, meaning that movement is drawing largely from Moderates and Conservatives. Participation is growing - that scares the Left. If this were a fringe movement, it wouldn't receive so much negative attention from the leftwing media.

I harbor no illusion that you will comprehend any of this.

The tea partiers don't attract liberals (or many Dems in general) because of their tactics. There are better ways to accomplish their goals than to denigrate anyone who doesn't completely agree with everything they believe in (which is usually expressed LOUDLY and demeaning). When any group paints another as evil, they're gonna get a push back.

Have you been to a tea party event?

I've been to several. I haven't seen any hatred - just the concerns of a great deal of people who love America and oppose the policies our elected representatives are trying to force upon us.

I would happily see the country adopt tax simplification. We waste an enormous amount of time and money complying with a byzantine tax code that the IRS itself doesn't understand (staff members give different interpretations of the same provision).

Faulting someone for legally minimizing his tax burden is faulting him for acting in his own self interest. That is what Progressives often try to do - but even they don't like paying taxes.

That's hardly the point, here, the point being that wealthier individuals "legally" do not pay taxes on their cumulative wealth over the years, which is what others are arguing here ("they're paying it twice").

Forum List

Back