Novak: Guilliani Running '08

dilloduck said:
I'll trade a little dirty laundry for Newts' Presidency. No doubt in my mind that Newt is the man who needs to be there.

The only dirty laundry I know of him is infidelity, and if that is the benchmark, he should be a shoo-in with Dems..:salute:

dilloduck said:
I'll trade a little dirty laundry for Newts' Presidency. No doubt in my mind that Newt is the man who needs to be there.

Personally I like the man but you know as well as I do he will be fresh meat for the media sausage machine.

Bonnie said:
The only dirty laundry I know of him is infidelity, and if that is the benchmark, he should be a shoo-in with Dems..:salute:

LOL I was thinking the same thing :teeth:
Newt debating anyone ?---no contest!

red states rule said:
Thanks to the little wart Perot

No, George Sr. lost because he caved into Dems in 90' and went back on his no new taxes pledge bringing on a sharp recession, Perot or no Perot he was gonna take an ass whipping.

red states rule said:
Thanks to the little wart Perot

Yes that and very carefully timed bogus news reports of Bush illegalities planted three days before the election. Then tiny retractions printed AFTER Clinton was the winner.

Bonnie said:
Yes that and very carefully timed bogus news reports of Bush illegalities planted three days before the election. Then tiny retractions printed AFTER Clinton was the winner.

Bonnie, why is it that when a Repub does something wrong like going back on the aforementioned tax pledge then denying there is a recession we can't hold him responsible? Honestly these things you are claiming i've never heard of before, would love a link.

I'm not trying to fight but with many Repubs its like they can't bear the fact that one of them might have screwed up.

OCA said:
Bonnie, why is it that when a Repub does something wrong like going back on the aforementioned tax pledge then denying there is a recession we can't hold him responsible? Honestly these things you are claiming i've never heard of before, would love a link.

I'm not trying to fight but with many Repubs its like they can't bear the fact that one of them might have screwed up.

I have no problem admitting both Bush's have screwed up in some ways, however if you look at what was happening when Bush Sr was running against Clinton he was closing the gap to within 2 or 3 percentage points and probably would have won until the papers printed their stories, (Ill find a link to that) three days before the election, then printed retractions afterwards on the back pages. I don't think it was smart for Bush Sr to raise taxes for many reasons, politically it was his thorn and the Dems golden nugget., but still he came very close to winning even with that "Read my lips" broken pledge. I remember this well as I worked on that campaign.

Btw Im not a Republican, Im a conservative independant. ;)

Bonnie said:
I have no problem admitting both Bush's have screwed up in some ways, however if you look at what was happening when Bush Sr was running against Clinton he was closing the gap to within 2 or 3 percentage points and probably would have won until the papers printed their stories, (Ill find a link to that) three days before the election, then printed retractions afterwards on the back pages. I don't think it was smart for Bush Sr to raise taxes for many reasons, politically it was his thorn and the Dems golden nugget., but still he came very close to winning even with that "Read my lips" broken pledge. I remember this well as I worked on that campaign.

Btw Im not a Republican, Im a conservative independant. ;)

I think what you're talking about was the carefully timed and ultimately bogus indictment of Caspar Weinberger. Bush was coming on gangbusters - even with the "read my lips" baggage.

Moreover, a more careful look at "read my lips" says as much about the treacherous character of congressional Democrats as it does about Bush the Elder's foolishness in the matter - and I was no great fan of Bush the Elder.

musicman said:
I think what you're talking about was the carefully timed and ultimately bogus indictment of Caspar Weinberger. Bush was coming on gangbusters - even with the "read my lips" baggage.

Moreover, a more careful look at "read my lips" says as much about the treacherous character of congressional Democrats as it does about Bush the Elder's foolishness in the matter - and I was no great fan of Bush the Elder.

Agreed 100%

I remember that campaign well, we went into NYC the night before the NY marathon and put up Bush signs on every pole and sign that lined the route, and we even had the help of the NYPD:D

Bonnie said:
Agreed 100%

I remember that campaign well, we went into NYC the night before the NY marathon and put up Bush signs on every pole and sign that lined the route, and we even had the help of the NYPD:D

Libs know if they actually stick to the issues, tell folks what they really think, and what they would actually do regain political power, they would lose worse then what they are now.

So they fallback on what they do best - smear their opponents.

They still lose and their hate and rage increases

Bonnie said:
Guiliani/Romney 2008...:D

Giuliani is too liberal for the far right and Romney is Mormon, a religious considered by many on the far right to be a "cult". Just so there are no questions, I do not believe that Mormonism is a "cult".

The GOP ticket is far more likely to be Allen/Santorum or some other combination of social conservatives.

acludem

New Topics

Forum List

Back