Novak: Guilliani Running '08

Clinton's strong points:

--Good environmental policy, most of which has been undone by our current administration
--Inherited an economy in the worst recession since the Great Depression and turned it around
--Engaged Iraq and North Korea without costly invasions
--Worked with and won out over a hostile Congress on a balanced budget
--Intelligent, common sense, moderate administration that steered clear of divisive social issues

Clinton's weak points:

--Hired Janet Reno as Attorney General
--Didn't fire Janet Reno as Attorney General
--Should have come clean on the Lewinsky thing, although, frankly, it was trivial in the grand scheme of things, should really have been between he and Hillary.

acludem said:
Accept Rudy (in the sanctity of marriage party) dumped his wife and ran away with the mistress.

acludem

And let's not forget that pillar of moral virtue, Newt Gingrich, who divorced his wife as she lay dying of cancer to marry his mistress. His name has been bandied about for a run in '08.

I never could figure out why Hillary stayed with Goatboy though. She should have filed for divorce the minute the Oval Office BJ became known to her.

Thats where your blind hatred for Bush keeps you from having any credibility here.

I don't have blind hatred of Bush. I hate him with reason, not emotion.
What He's done good.

- Bush has had a booming economy for basically 5 out of the 6 years of his term in office.

- He has cut taxes for all Americans.

Saying our economy is booming is like saying someone who's has a great house and nice car but is in debt is "living the high life". It's going to come back and bite them when they have to start paying off those debts.

We're cutting taxes, at war, about to enter into an energy crisis, going to have a SS go broke, all of which just puts us more in debt, while China buys up bonds like hotcakes.

- All this while fighting 2 wars forced upon him by Radical Islamists.

1 war forced upon him.

- After the attacks on 9/11, he has managed to keep Americans safe in this country despite the fact that increasing number of terrorist attacks are occuring in major cities around the world (England, Spain, India, France, Russia, etc)

Good point.
- Has appointed 2 conservative judges to the Supreme Court who will hopefully follow the Constitution instead of reinventing it.

Nothing that was not expected from a republican president.

It sucks that a Conservative president couldn't atleast try to get us out of debt.

Bullypulpit said:
And let's not forget that pillar of moral virtue, Newt Gingrich, who divorced his wife as she lay dying of cancer to marry his mistress. His name has been bandied about for a run in '08.

I never could figure out why Hillary stayed with Goatboy though. She should have filed for divorce the minute the Oval Office BJ became known to her.

Actually Newt has now traded in two wives for younger models, the last of which he traded in for....his intern!

acludem

CharlestonChad said:
I don't have blind hatred of Bush. I hate him with reason, not emotion.

Saying our economy is booming is like saying someone who's has a great house and nice car but is in debt is "living the high life". It's going to come back and bite them when they have to start paying off those debts.

We're cutting taxes, at war, about to enter into an energy crisis, going to have a SS go broke, all of which just puts us more in debt, while China buys up bonds like hotcakes.

1 war forced upon him.

Good point.

Nothing that was not expected from a republican president.

It sucks that a Conservative president couldn't atleast try to get us out of debt.

Ok well this post at least shows your not a total mouth piece. How come then you couldnt be honest and think of these few good points you agree with on your own.

As for the last part, i agree 100%.

insein said:
Ok well this post at least shows your not a total mouth piece. How come then you couldnt be honest and think of these few good points you agree with on your own.

As for the last part, i agree 100%.

B/C I asked a question to see what the conservatives thought that Bush has done right. I already know what the liberals think he's done wrong, and of course they think he's done nothing right.

Bush's good points:

--provided reassuring emotional leadership after 9/11
--hired Colin Powell as Secretary of State
--has a really nice wife

Bush's bad points:

--the worst environmental policy of any president in history
--Iraq
--Energy policy written by big polluters and big oil
--Ran Colin Powell out of office
--Hired John Ashcroft as Attorney General
--Appointed Samuel Alito to SCOTUS (I don't really have an issue w/Roberts)
--destroyed the good name of The United States of America the world over

acludem

red states rule said:
No matter who the Dems put up in 08 (Al, Hillary, or any other liberal pinhead) Rudy and Jeb Bush (his VP choice) will crush them like a can at a recycle center

A vote for Rudy is a vote for queer marriage, abortion and to have my guns taken away. He is the same old lib Republican we've had for 20 years now. Time for an actual party that is actually conservative in its practices

www.constitutionparty.com

acludem said:
Bush's good points:

--provided reassuring emotional leadership after 9/11
--hired Colin Powell as Secretary of State
--has a really nice wife

Bush's bad points:

--the worst environmental policy of any president in history
--Iraq
--Energy policy written by big polluters and big oil
--Ran Colin Powell out of office
--Hired John Ashcroft as Attorney General
--Appointed Samuel Alito to SCOTUS (I don't really have an issue w/Roberts)
--destroyed the good name of The United States of America the world over

acludem

Acludumb---you ever hear the phrase "Yankee Go Home" ? It was popular all over the world DECADES ago. Moonbat nectar is bad on neurons.

Where do these people find any "biblical origins" in the Constitution? It was specifically drawn as a secular, non-religious document because our founders wanted a secular, non-religious government.

I hope lots of Republicans flee to the Constitution Party, it would be a great service to the Democratic Party.

acludem

dilloduck said:
Acludumb---you ever hear the phrase "Yankee Go Home" ? It was popular all over the world DECADES ago. Moonbat nectar is bad on neurons.

Dildodick, that phrase was used by a very few people until George Bush became president, now people who used to love us are using it.

acludem

acludem said:
Where do these people find any "biblical origins" in the Constitution? It was specifically drawn as a secular, non-religious document because our founders wanted a secular, non-religious government.

I hope lots of Republicans flee to the Constitution Party, it would be a great service to the Democratic Party.

acludem

Obviously the ACLU has not allowed you to really read the constitution or to study American history for if you did you would have no doubt that its origins squarely lie in biblical christian law.

acludem said:
Dildodick, that phrase was used by a very few people until George Bush became president, now people who used to love us are using it.

acludem

You have now convinced me of your ignorance. Maybe that explains your attachment to a commie organization. Do some research on "Yankee Go Home" and get back with me.

acludem said:

acludem

One must first take care of himself first before he worries if others like him, that is one of the few things I admire about Bush, he could give a rats ass what the Eurlibs think of America as long as we get whats ours.

OCA said:
Obviously the ACLU has not allowed you to really read the constitution or to study American history for if you did you would have no doubt that its origins squarely lie in biblical christian law.

I'll go with you on Constitution, even American history. Where though do you see 'biblical Christian law' in the Constitution? I'm not saying you can't infer it in the Federalist papers or letters, journals, etc. But where in the Constitution?

Kathianne said:
I'll go with you on Constitution, even American history. Where though do you see 'biblical Christian law' in the Constitution? I'm not saying you can't infer it in the Federalist papers or letters, journals, etc. But where in the Constitution?

You have to look at the roots of everything and if you take all the thoughts in the bill of rights per say they are all rooted maybe not in law but in principle on biblical christian principles.

For sure no one can dispute that our laws are based upon the bible.

OCA said:
You have to look at the roots of everything and if you take all the thoughts in the bill of rights per say they are all rooted maybe not in law but in principle on biblical christian principles.

For sure no one can dispute that our laws are based upon the bible.
Ok, so you agree that upon reading the Constitution, one is not going to find in that document alone, the Christian biblical principles? That's all I was asking.

New Topics

Forum List

Back