Nothing Was Done: The Enemy Next Door

Oh and let me add, the State Department didn't mind spending $2 billion on the U.S.-Africa Clean Energy Finance Initiative, in 2011. So, it wasn't the budget, just a lack of priorities.

Its the State Department there buddy.

What does one expect??

Only this time Kerry instead of Hilbat is running it.

Again. What does one expect??

Well, i would suspect that when Paul Ryan cut 300 million from State Department's security budget, it's the ultimate in chutzpah to then ask why security wasn't better.

BUt that's today's GOP. Cut services to the bone, then claim government is bad.

LMAO Thats been debunked many times.

Hell. An administration spokeswoman was on right after Benghazi declaring money wasn't an issue. Doubt its an issue now.

You, of course, will continue to deflect rather than answering the question.

Typical.

Seeing as how the trolls failed to troll, it appears the State Department did indeed serve as an obstacle to adequate security at the consulate; not because of budget, but due to its own incompetence, excess bureaucracy and an eagerness to please the murderous neighbors next door.

OMG, the Obama Derangement Syndrome spokesperson has struck again with it's most favorite subject; Benghazi.

Maybe AFTER Obama is gone you can still bring up Benghazi. Cause I can't imagine that you will ever be cured of your ODS.

You get a job yet?

Ah, so now you guys will take to hijacking the thread to avoid addressing the point? Okay, I'll address the point:

Why did the State Department fail to grant the requests for extra security by the consulate in an expedient manner? By the time the attack took place, the request was still being considered. The consulate knew then that the neighbors were up to no good. Why did the State Department hire a bunch of militiamen over our boys?

Can you answer those questions for me? Or are you two going to simply troll my thread?

Countries that US embassies are located in have the responsibility to protect the embassy..

Don’t Blame the Marines: Here’s Who is Supposed to Protect U.S. Diplomats
In the wake of an attack that killed a U.S. ambassador, many are asking if the consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was sufficiently protected. Here’s a guide to the layers of security around an American embassy or consulate.

Don’t Blame the Marines: Here’s Who is Supposed to Protect U.S. Diplomats - Popular Mechanics

Seeing as how the trolls failed to troll, it appears the State Department did indeed serve as an obstacle to adequate security at the consulate; not because of budget, but due to its own incompetence, excess bureaucracy and an eagerness to please the murderous neighbors next door.

proof??

OH, look, they are trotting out Benghazi again.

Yeah, you know, they moved in next door, and they weren't keeping up with the weeding or anything.

I hate when that happens.

girl_tag_u_a_retard.jpg

When the convictions come down, then you people can call this a real scandal.

Like Watergate, or Iran Contra.

We lost that vital indicator a couple decades ago.. NOBODY ever gets punished or fired from the Bureaucracy anymore. They are untouchable.. In fact, promotions and benefits await their martyred heroes.. Won't answer questions. Don't respect authority of Congress.

If an actual Intelligience memo on having a radical militant group living NEXT DOOR to the Consulate exists ---- It SHOULD be declassified and produced. From there -- you can estimate how much incompetence and misconduct gets a pass in Fed operations..

But we will never know. For the reasons I gave above. And because our "journalists" are monitoring FaceBook and Twitter for hot leads..

Ah, so now you guys will take to hijacking the thread to avoid addressing the point? Okay, I'll address the point:

Why did the State Department fail to grant the requests for extra security by the consulate in an expedient manner? By the time the attack took place, the request was still being considered. The consulate knew then that the neighbors were up to no good. Why did the State Department hire a bunch of militiamen over our boys?

Can you answer those questions for me? Or are you two going to simply troll my thread?

Countries that US embassies are located in have the responsibility to protect the embassy..

Don’t Blame the Marines: Here’s Who is Supposed to Protect U.S. Diplomats
In the wake of an attack that killed a U.S. ambassador, many are asking if the consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was sufficiently protected. Here’s a guide to the layers of security around an American embassy or consulate.
Don’t Blame the Marines: Here’s Who is Supposed to Protect U.S. Diplomats - Popular Mechanics

I wasn't blaming the Marines for anything, genius. But how to you recruit a bunch of militiamen who turn out to be killers to protect our embassy? How does that make any sense? Embassies are sovereign national territory, so as I see it, the country who owns that embassy should be supplying it's own force to protect it.

proof??

My OP. Or did you skip to the last page to provide your knee jerk (emphasis on jerk) responses?

I will NEVER Forget Benghazi ~

We most certainly need answers as to why Stevens and the others were willing to live next door to a known terrorist without proper security for even a day much less a week.. If the state dept was Warned that a known terrorist moved in next door and nothing was done after numeral requests for extra security SSHC and all others involved should be held responsible and face criminal charges.

It clearly was NOT about a so called offensive YouTube video. It astounds me there are still those that will continue to defend the indefensible:cuckoo:

I guess we now know why they've been roarin' for Warren:laugh2:

Last edited:
Wow, he cut off before she completed her answer.

That's really kind of credible.

Breaking: It Turns Out That Protecting Our Embassies Costs Money | Mother Jones

House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.

Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.

Sorry, State Department outlays were increased in that time period, by as much as 92% percent (18% annualized). Citing Mother Jones is hilarious. I'll raise you one CBO report.

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R42834.pdf

You are the least to speak on credibility, Joe.

Wow, a 25 page report produced by... well, who cares.

State department outlays were increased, security outlays were decreased.

YOu guys slash the shit out of security and then wonder why places get attacked.

Well, that quieted you down a bit Joe.

Facts > talking points/trolling

Naw, guy, going out to JOB got me quiet for a while on this thread.

You know, it's the most amazing thing. You go to these things, you work and they give you money. It's really fucking impressive, you should try it some time.

Come on, dipshit, you know i usually leave for work at 7:30

I don't really care if you have a job or not. You seem awfully concerned if I do. You were so concerned in fact that you came back to my thread after a hard day's work just to troll me, minus an intelligent argument, mind you.

I'm flattered. Though, I'm wondering if that job of yours isn't what turned you into a bitter old man in the first place.

Now scram unless you have something meaningful to say to me.

Wow, he cut off before she completed her answer.

That's really kind of credible.

Breaking: It Turns Out That Protecting Our Embassies Costs Money | Mother Jones

House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.

Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.

Sorry, State Department outlays were increased in that time period, by as much as 92% percent (18% annualized). Citing Mother Jones is hilarious. I'll raise you one CBO report.

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R42834.pdf

You are the least to speak on credibility, Joe.

Wow, a 25 page report produced by... well, who cares.

State department outlays were increased, security outlays were decreased.

YOu guys slash the shit out of security and then wonder why places get attacked.

Uh yeah. No.

FY 2012 State and USAID - Overseas Contingency Operations

Forum List

Back