Notable Christian Musician "Loses His Faith"

By what ethical code is this wrong?

Is it against the law? Is it against Christian principles? Is it against Islamic standards?

By what standard does this make you an ethically superior human being? Just because you hate church and I don't somehow makes you better.

Somebody has some serious ego problems here and it is you. You better start making some sense soon or I will be forced to stop taking you seriously.

No ego at all.

You don't believe in this Bible stuff, but you take a paycheck to teach it, you don't tell your employers because you know they'd fire you if you told the truth.

Look, man, you can rationalize your lack of integrity all day... but you still lack integrity.

I am starting to think that you don't know anything about me. You just enjoy being critical because it is funny.

I'm judging you by what you are writing here... and the way you describe yourself does not put you in a good light.

You no longer believe in a religion. I get that. I rejected religion at an early age after my parents died.

What I didn't do was keep going to church and keep collecting a paycheck and keep lying to people for whatever rationalizations I could come up with.

Is my hair too long? Is my hair too short? Is my hair to medium in length?

Use all of these judgements against me just in case. You have to make sure that you are superior to ever single human by randomly making up rules on the spot.

Use all of these judgements against me just in case. You have to make sure that you are superior to ever single human by randomly making up rules on the spot.

Are you working for the Hair Club For Men? Then it would be an issue.

Not believing in the Bible stuff when you are teaching the Bible Stuff... yeah, that's kind of a big deal.

Not believing in the Bible stuff when you are teaching the Bible Stuff... yeah, that's kind of a big deal.

Well. You are a superior human being and I am stepping down at the end of the school year for the following reasons:

I don't want to teach here any more.

You win.

Do you think you can calm down now knowing that I will resign from teaching at the Christian school?

or Would you prefer me to be more dramatic, thoughtless, hateful, idiotic, stupid and irresponsible with my exit for your own entertainment?

Which I find that dumb. You aren't even going to be able to watch. Nobody will. It will likely be a private situation whether I act like a pissed off 14 year old girl or a calm and responsible 40 year old man. It will be an audience of one and that one won't be you . So, why do you even care?

Last edited:
Well. You are a superior human being and I am stepping down at the end of the school year for the following reasons:

You win.

But for the next year, you are still going to be lying and collecting a check under false pretenses...

Do you think you can calm down now knowing that I will resign from teaching at the Christian school?

or Would you prefer me to be more dramatic, thoughtless, hateful, idiotic, stupid and irresponsible with my exit for your own entertainment?

Which I find that dumb. You aren't even going to be able to watch. Nobody will. It will likely be a private situation whether I act like a pissed off 14 year old girl or a calm and responsible 40 year old man. It will be an audience of one and that one won't be you .

I wouldn't expect you to be honest.. it seems like you spend most of your life rationalizing your own behavior.

You win.

But for the next year, you are still going to be lying and collecting a check under false pretenses...

Which I find that dumb. You aren't even going to be able to watch. Nobody will. It will likely be a private situation whether I act like a pissed off 14 year old girl or a calm and responsible 40 year old man. It will be an audience of one and that one won't be you .

I wouldn't expect you to be honest.. it seems like you spend most of your life rationalizing your own behavior.

Well. I just hope this year isn't going to be rough on you. Do you think you will be alright? I have a sneaking suspicious that this won't affect your life one way or another.

You win.

Well. I just hope this year isn't going to be rough on you. Do you think you will be alright? I have a sneaking suspicious that this won't affect your life one way or another.
You aren’t the first person to lose your faith and you won’t be the last either.

Marty Sampson of the band Hillsong has recently renounced his Christian faith. It happens. However, his statement about this was shocking. Here is a man who was a "worship leader" for some twenty years. And this is what he has to say on leaving the faith:

Time for some real talk. I’m genuinely losing my faith, and it doesn’t bother me. Like, what bothers me now is nothing. I am so happy now, so at peace with the world. It’s crazy.

This is a soapbox moment so here I go … How many preachers fall? Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen. Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send four billion people to a place, all ‘coz they don’t believe? No one talks about it. Christians can be the most judgmental people on the planet—they can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people. But it’s not for me.

I am not in any more. I want genuine truth. Not the “I just believe it” kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God. Got so much more to say, but for me, I keeping it real. Unfollow if you want, I’ve never been about living my life for others.

All I know is what’s true to me right now, and Christianity just seems to me like another religion at this point. I could go on, but I won’t. Love and forgive absolutely. Be kind absolutely. Be generous and do good to others absolutely. Some things are good no matter what you believe. Let the rain fall, the sun will come up tomorrow.

Hillsong Songwriter Marty Sampson Says He’s Losing His Christian Faith | RELEVANT Magazine

He was upfront, leading Christian worship (!) for twenty years (!) and he could not wrap his head around why there were "no more miracles". To him the Bible is "full of contradictions". (How often did he study it?). Hell is a big one, I will grant him, but his understanding of it reads like every 17 year old sniveling atheist.

His entire post does not read like someone who was apparently not only in the faith for 20 years, but LEADING and CREATING songs of the faith for 20 years. Which is a whole 'nother topic about the inanity of modern Christian worship music, but I digress.

In closing this is what happens when the church becomes about tickling ears and not about teaching truth, even when it's uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, this is not going to get better.

Dear God in heaven, another fool who looks to science for truth and not God.

Well let's do a little Bible study, shall we Marty? In Genesis, God tells Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Had you ever considered why the tree it called a tree of knowledge and that such knowledge brought everyone death by choosing it over the wisdom of God? Had you ever considered what threatens our very lives today? How about WMD's for starters? How about climate change due to the knowledge of how to exploit fossil fuels? How about the threat of manufacturing genetically altered seeds for plants so they can reproduce, but the pollinate others so that they can't reproduce either. Science has brought us the prospect of plants that can now not reproduce with the threat of spreading them world wide, etc.

And what of up and coming advances with science and so called "truth"? What about AI? Ever seen the movie Terminator Marty? But there is no time to think about the ethics of producing a higher intelligence than our own that has zero empathy. No, we will just give this AI more and more power over our lives while feeding it information that human beings are destroying the planet and then find out later how it will respond to that little tid bit of information. No, we can't be concerned about the ethics surrounding it cuz it's all now an arms race with countries like China.

But alas, don't let us simple minded folk try and convince you that knowledge without wisdom brings death.

Carry on and enjoy that apple!

This is the theology I was taught. Us poor mountain folks gobbled it up.

Don't be smart. That is the devil's work. Let the preacher man control you please.
So you're an admitted hillbilly. Good for you.

Oh you're worse, but I'm prevented from saying. Let's just say your pride precedes you
Is some invisible made up man preventing you from saying? That's pretty messed up, Elly Mae.

Marty Sampson of the band Hillsong has recently renounced his Christian faith. It happens. However, his statement about this was shocking. Here is a man who was a "worship leader" for some twenty years. And this is what he has to say on leaving the faith:

Time for some real talk. I’m genuinely losing my faith, and it doesn’t bother me. Like, what bothers me now is nothing. I am so happy now, so at peace with the world. It’s crazy.

This is a soapbox moment so here I go … How many preachers fall? Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen. Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send four billion people to a place, all ‘coz they don’t believe? No one talks about it. Christians can be the most judgmental people on the planet—they can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people. But it’s not for me.

I am not in any more. I want genuine truth. Not the “I just believe it” kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God. Got so much more to say, but for me, I keeping it real. Unfollow if you want, I’ve never been about living my life for others.

All I know is what’s true to me right now, and Christianity just seems to me like another religion at this point. I could go on, but I won’t. Love and forgive absolutely. Be kind absolutely. Be generous and do good to others absolutely. Some things are good no matter what you believe. Let the rain fall, the sun will come up tomorrow.

Hillsong Songwriter Marty Sampson Says He’s Losing His Christian Faith | RELEVANT Magazine

He was upfront, leading Christian worship (!) for twenty years (!) and he could not wrap his head around why there were "no more miracles". To him the Bible is "full of contradictions". (How often did he study it?). Hell is a big one, I will grant him, but his understanding of it reads like every 17 year old sniveling atheist.

His entire post does not read like someone who was apparently not only in the faith for 20 years, but LEADING and CREATING songs of the faith for 20 years. Which is a whole 'nother topic about the inanity of modern Christian worship music, but I digress.

In closing this is what happens when the church becomes about tickling ears and not about teaching truth, even when it's uncomfortable.

Dear God in heaven, another fool who looks to science for truth and not God.

Well let's do a little Bible study, shall we Marty? In Genesis, God tells Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Had you ever considered why the tree it called a tree of knowledge and that such knowledge brought everyone death by choosing it over the wisdom of God? Had you ever considered what threatens our very lives today? How about WMD's for starters? How about climate change due to the knowledge of how to exploit fossil fuels? How about the threat of manufacturing genetically altered seeds for plants so they can reproduce, but the pollinate others so that they can't reproduce either. Science has brought us the prospect of plants that can now not reproduce with the threat of spreading them world wide, etc.

And what of up and coming advances with science and so called "truth"? What about AI? Ever seen the movie Terminator Marty? But there is no time to think about the ethics of producing a higher intelligence than our own that has zero empathy. No, we will just give this AI more and more power over our lives while feeding it information that human beings are destroying the planet and then find out later how it will respond to that little tid bit of information. No, we can't be concerned about the ethics surrounding it cuz it's all now an arms race with countries like China.

But alas, don't let us simple minded folk try and convince you that knowledge without wisdom brings death.

Carry on and enjoy that apple!

This is the theology I was taught. Us poor mountain folks gobbled it up.

Don't be smart. That is the devil's work. Let the preacher man control you please.
So you're an admitted hillbilly. Good for you.
No. He’s an atheist like you.

Feels dumb.

Wow, Sour Sue, you think his problem was that he was involved in the show-biz edge of big religion? Really?

Frankly, what he said made a lot of sense... even if it messes up your sensibilities.

Why does God send otherwise good people to hell because they had the bad luck to be born in a place where they don't worship Jesus?

That makes him sound like a prick, really.
Actually retard that is not what happens. ANYONE that did not receive the opportunity to learn about Jesus is given that opportunity once dead and resurrected. One must CHOSE not to accept Jesus to be condemned.
Compelled belief is devoid of merit.

Christian music is THE WORST!!!!:ack-1:

Christians - the religion of the book - made the first cultures, which were able to notify music on paper. So without Christians you would not know now a lot about music. But what do you really know about music? In every form of music exists quality and scrap. You just simple use the words "not" or "no" - and think this makes you allknowing.

Christians - the religion of the book - made the first cultures, which were able to notify music on paper. So without Christians you would not know now a lot about music. But what do you really know about music? In every form of music exists quality and scrap. You just simple use the words "not" or "no" - and think this makes you allknowing.
I love of classical style church music. But if we're talking about rock n roll church music, IT'S THE WORST!!!! The Devil wouldn't even have music that bland and uninteresting.

I love of classical style church music. But if we're talking about rock n roll church music, IT'S THE WORST!!!!

Christians - the religion of the book

country gospel music is their addiction on steroids, with heart and soul - it's a tragedy how their 4th century book creates such a false sense of propriety where abdication of their personal responsibilities is rewarded by a reliance on a false messiah.

I love of classical style church music.

I love music

But if we're talking about rock n roll church music, IT'S THE WORST!!!!

Sure. "******-music" - how the Nazis called such kinds of music. No wonder you hate it.

The Devil wouldn't even have music that bland and uninteresting.

I love of classical style church music.

I love music

But if we're talking about rock n roll church music, IT'S THE WORST!!!!

Sure. "******-music" - how the Nazis called such kinds of music. No wonder you hate it.

The Devil wouldn't even have music that bland and uninteresting.

I'm not particularly fond of Kyke Music either.

I love of classical style church music. But if we're talking about rock n roll church music, IT'S THE WORST!!!!

Christians - the religion of the book

country gospel music is their addiction on steroids, with heart and soul - it's a tragedy how their 4th century book creates such a false sense of propriety where abdication of their personal responsibilities is rewarded by a reliance on a false messiah.

How good of a musician can he be when he has to use God's name to sell records? He used God to get rich, and now he's done with God. That's the reality of this jackass.

Forum List

Back