Not sure why my "white doctor" felt the need to use slang since I am the black man

She telling me about my test results instead of just saying everything looks great, she says

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Why she gotta to talk me like that since I am black? LOL

I use that slang with other white people, and have heard lots of people say that. Not just black people. its a little more main stream of a phrase than you may think.

oh ok, I thought she was trying to impress me with street talk lol

Well, let me try to put it into historical perspective for you. Not only is it NOT unusual for your doctor to to using that lingo, but honestly, take the Battle of Waterloo for example. What were some of the the last known quotes on that historical day?

NAPOLEON BONAPART - "It's all good"

DUKE OF WELLINGTON - "Can't touch this!"

She telling me about my test results instead of just saying everything looks great, she says

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Lol you got the finger up your ass..

.did you enjoy it?

"ITS ALL GOOD"

I use that slang with other white people, and have heard lots of people say that. Not just black people. its a little more main stream of a phrase than you may think.

My doctors have said to me “it’s all good”. You trying to say it’s because your black is the racist comment. You act like we are in the 1800’s. Since Obama became president I have noticed the race card has been brought back where it isn’t anymore. Yes there are bad whites, blacks, tans, yellows and any other race out there. Saying Republicans are all racist is a racist statement. People need to relax and stop blaming your color for what you don’t have because it’s bullshit. Hatred now is on an alarming rise and there is no reason. I would have more respect for the Democratic Party if they just tried and work together with the Republicans and President. Things would be so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Was the test to identify what color you are? Seems to me the diagnosis was in your favor... I would quit crying, but that is just me...

It didn't bother today because the results was in my favor. But I just remember hearing that phrase in the HOOD

So it sounded odd for a doctor to be saying it

So the results of all your tests were good? How racist of him to tell you those results.

Yes but I wasn't expecting tell me in a way where she was trying be all COOL

If your only gauge of whether a person is cool is whether that particular phrase is used, you don't understand cool.

Yes You are correct.

"ITS ALL GOOD"

My doctors have said to me “it’s all good”. You trying to say it’s because your black is the racist comment. You act like we are in the 1800’s. Since Obama became president I have noticed the race card has been brought back where it isn’t anymore. Yes there are bad whites, blacks, tans, yellows and any other race out there. Saying Republicans are all racist is a racist statement. People need to relax and stop blaming your color for what you don’t have because it’s bullshit. Hatred now is on an alarming rise and there is no reason. I would have more respect for the Democratic Party if they just tried and work together with the Republicans and President. Things would be so much better.

I think FBJ is mostly joking around. Or at least I hope

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Why she gotta to talk me like that since I am black? LOL[/QUOTE

I did find it funny but I

"ITS ALL GOOD"

I did find it funny but after hearing that the term is not something started by blacks I learned something new tonight. You also have to understand that out of all white doctors I had I never it's all good in regards to test results. So my first reaction was..,:is she trying to be HIP?

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Every white doctor I had the past 20 years I have never heard that term at all. So that;s why I thought she was trying HIP

"ITS ALL GOOD"

FBJ is tough..

So fuck with him..

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Every white doctor I had the past 20 years I have never heard that term at all. So that;s why I thought she was trying HIP

She was just trying to be nice..

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Don’t read into it.

She was just trying to be nice..

Yeah, thats my guess too. I think in todays world we should all be happy if someone at least is making the effort to be nice, and not nit pick too much over the small details.

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Well was she young? I mean less than 40? I dont think it would be unusual then.

Waaayyycissss. Everything is waayyycisss. The only mistake the doctor made was having a black patient.

Well was she young? I mean less than 40? I dont think it would be unusual then.

Close to 50

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Damn cultural appropriation.
It makes elitist white women look stupid every day.

Blackfishing Is The New White

racheldolezal-thumb-700xauto-203803.jpg

Ha ha ha… This silly phrase has been around for a very long time and used by all kinds of people too. One would have to been living under a rock not to notice that this is a common phrase used by many people. I would blink only if the phrase came from a non musician over the age of 75 years old. It is a ubiquitous phrase not "jive" fool. It is used by...gasp...women too...and it is all good.

Forum List

Back