Not our finest hour.....CIA torture exposed

The CIA found the most effective method of torture was playing tapes of Obama speeches given without a teleprompter and posting nude pictures of Hillary Clinton in the prisoner's cells.
Actually, the Great Obama banned torture as soon as he became President

Republicans love it...

CIA used this prisoner as a means to try out its torture methods. Problem is, he was not actually in AlQaeda

'I felt like I was going to die': A harrowing look into CIA torture from the eyes of a detainee

Seton Hall report depicts CIA detainee in graphic drawings of torture
Seton Hall Law School report exposes new details of CIA torture program
image.jpg

"The text portion of the Seton Hall report begins, 'Americans may find it difficult to acknowledge that top officials in the West Wing of the White House and the Office of Legal Counsel of the Department of Justice orchestrated and poorly oversaw a horrific torture program that was responsible for the detention and interrogation of countless detainees.'

"'Sixteen years ago, the White House and the Department of Justice created a torture program and, through a series of legal memoranda, attempted to immunize Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) agents from criminal liability.'"

Abu Zubaydah was captured in Pakistan in 2002 and accused of being a high-ranking member of al-Qaida; he wasn't, but his torture was so "heroic" the CIA arranged for cremation if he died.

Too much MAGA maybe?
Yet, we keep the man in prison without a trial

Only reason is we are afraid to have him testify what America did to him

White supremacy married to American Exceptionalism continues to blind many of us to some of our government's most heinous acts
merlin_165433185_44cd863e-ed96-4810-8f10-5ac84c8d40f2-jumbo.jpg

Opinion | Don’t Look Away

"There is nothing in the crude drawings by Abu Zubaydah, a prisoner captured in 2002 and still held by the United States in the Guantánamo Bay detention camp, that hasn’t been described before in the various official and unofficial investigations into the moral travesty that was the C.I.A.’s program of 'enhanced interrogation,' one of the more devious euphemisms ever devised.

"We’ve read of the waterboarding and sleep deprivation and humiliation and all the other horrors, and of the lasting effect they had, often on innocent men."

I can't help wonder how much worse this will get if another 911 comes our way?
It’s not just if another 9-11 comes our way.....

But what happens when we get involved in a war and our adversary uses these same techniques on our soldiers?

How do we show moral outrage?
I find that interesting. Why do you think they have not been doing this to our troops long before we started doing this?

CIA used this prisoner as a means to try out its torture methods. Problem is, he was not actually in AlQaeda

'I felt like I was going to die': A harrowing look into CIA torture from the eyes of a detainee

Seton Hall report depicts CIA detainee in graphic drawings of torture
image.jpg

"The text portion of the Seton Hall report begins, 'Americans may find it difficult to acknowledge that top officials in the West Wing of the White House and the Office of Legal Counsel of the Department of Justice orchestrated and poorly oversaw a horrific torture program that was responsible for the detention and interrogation of countless detainees.'

"'Sixteen years ago, the White House and the Department of Justice created a torture program and, through a series of legal memoranda, attempted to immunize Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) agents from criminal liability.'"

Abu Zubaydah was captured in Pakistan in 2002 and accused of being a high-ranking member of al-Qaida; he wasn't, but his torture was so "heroic" the CIA arranged for cremation if he died.

Too much MAGA maybe?

White supremacy married to American Exceptionalism continues to blind many of us to some of our government's most heinous acts

"There is nothing in the crude drawings by Abu Zubaydah, a prisoner captured in 2002 and still held by the United States in the Guantánamo Bay detention camp, that hasn’t been described before in the various official and unofficial investigations into the moral travesty that was the C.I.A.’s program of 'enhanced interrogation,' one of the more devious euphemisms ever devised.

"We’ve read of the waterboarding and sleep deprivation and humiliation and all the other horrors, and of the lasting effect they had, often on innocent men."

But what happens when we get involved in a war and our adversary uses these same techniques on our soldiers?

I find that interesting. Why do you think they have not been doing this to our troops long before we started doing this?

You think we are the only ones in the world who had moral values?

It is open season on any US soldier who dares to be captured. Beatings, naked confinement, sleep depravation, water boarding, confinement in small places filled with insects

That is the standard of treatment the US sets

image.jpg

Too much MAGA maybe?

It is open season on any US soldier who dares to be captured. Beatings, naked confinement, sleep depravation, water boarding, confinement in small places filled with insects

That is the standard of treatment the US sets
That was the standard we were treated to at the outset of this conflict.

I don't agree with the torture because it appears to me that the interrogators didn't bother to collaborate with the intel they received with already known information. That is the process in which you determine if the captured prisoner is lying to save his hide, lying to protect his comrades, or doesn't really know anything of value.

I agree that we should be better than this. But when the world and people like you hold ONLY us to that standard, I stop caring about their moral outrage.

I oppose the war now that our objective was met and that happened a year into the first bombing. We should not use our military to rebuild nations.

We should use our military as a final resort and then we use them with utter brutality when we do. Break everything, kill all the bad guys you can, then go home; never looking back.

image.jpg

Too much MAGA maybe?

Do we?

Do we?
The word is “had”

America used to be the good guys
When was that? A date will do just fine...
Pre Dick Cheney
The good guys put minorities in internment camps pre Dick Cheney. Killed Native American men, women, and children en masse, pre Cheney, and too many other atrocities to list. Pre Cheney... Your bar for what makes a guy a “good guy” is pathetically low.

I think disavowing torture is a good bar

America used to be the good guys
When was that? A date will do just fine...
Pre Dick Cheney
The good guys put minorities in internment camps pre Dick Cheney. Killed Native American men, women, and children en masse, pre Cheney, and too many other atrocities to list. Pre Cheney... Your bar for what makes a guy a “good guy” is pathetically low.

I think disavowing torture is a good bar
Disavowing is easy. Not getting caught is the tricky part...

And it comes as no surprise, of course, that Trump supports torture.

Trump claims torture works but experts warn of its 'potentially existential' costs

Didn’t take long to pin this on Donnie. It must be his fault, for not phrasing things exactly the way everyone thinks he should. We could just hack peoples heads off on video, like the rags do. Then just post them on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut their heads off or drop a bomb on them.......what exactly is the difference?

Trump claims torture works but experts warn of its 'potentially existential' costs

Didn’t take long to pin this on Donnie. It must be his fault, for not phrasing things exactly the way everyone thinks he should. We could just hack peoples heads off on video, like the rags do. Then just post them on YouTube.

Cut their heads off or drop a bomb on them.......what exactly is the difference?
Expedience.

Yes. They are a very compassionate group of religious people. Also advocates of woman’s rights. The people that are responsible for a national holiday.

Yes. They are a very compassionate group of religious people. Also advocates of woman’s rights. The people that are responsible for a national holiday.
Immaterial straw man argument- we had no business invading their homes to begin with.

Forum List

Back