Not Afraid.....Yet?

rtwngAvngr said:
So the modern world should just tolerate murderous insanity based on nothing?

We should tolerate murderous insanity based only on valid and compassionate
issues. We do it all the time.

sagegirl said:
We can do better.....both as a nation and as individuals.
Suggestions....I wont even try....I just know that what we are doing now is not serving us well. It is a basic understanding to know and respect your "enemy" and what follows in kind of an abstract way is that "ZEN" thing that once you know and respect your enemy, it will no longer exist.
I don't know if some "zen thing" which leads to obviously wrong conclusions in your case is the policy with which to fight the war on terror.
Thats way out there I know but it also has some validity.
It has zero validity. Enemies still exist, even when you understand them fully, which we do.
We have to do something positive to get ourselves moving in the right direction.
the right direction being your "zen thing" idiocy?
We cant just pack up and get out of Iraq, but I do believe that we need to establish a realistic plan to pull out. There will continue to be internal problems but if we offer them real benefits for their participation in the world economy (oil profits for one thing) and promise them the right to their own
sovereignty, maybe we can make this situation better.
They get oil profits. Giving them their own sovereignty is already the plan. Pay attention.
On a personal level, I think that this war and our military presence in the middle east has alot to do with greed and the desire to have control of the oil and the pipelines throughout the region. It all comes down to money and power and greed. Our government and our leaders are self serving in this and I think it is time to take back our power (away from the lobbyists, the media, and corperate america). We are too comfortable and lazy, and guilty of indifference to alot of whats going on....we are too busy just making a living at least alot of us, and just consider the number of people eligible to vote who dont.

I agree that the power of oil makes this situation more escalated and dangerous, but it no way means we should tacitly sit by and allow our civilization to be destroyed by radical islamists.

rtwngAvngr said:
Sage girl, you mention censorship in your list of "other opinions", along with the right to die. Are you PRO censorship?
I am against government censorship......I personally find a whole lot of society offensive and personally "censor it out".
My list included ideas and issues that are contentious, not meaning to add any personal bias.

sagegirl said:
I am against government censorship......I personally find a whole lot of society offensive and personally "censor it out".
My list included ideas and issues that are contentious, not meaning to add any personal bias.

Typically contentious issues have strong support on both sides of the issue. Who strongly supports censorship? I though censorship was a nonissue, assuming that the left and right are both against it. You must think it has strong support somewhere. Where is that support coming from in your view? Why did you include it in your list if you believe nobody favors it?

Maybe your self censorship is the cause of your obvious ignorance.

the right direction being your "zen thing" idiocy?

I hope in getting to know and respect....and that goes both ways....(they are not showing us any respect, and know very little about us) then we can better understand. We are going to have to do something, the alternative is to what...."nuke em, kill every last one of them, " what do you realistically consider a long term solution.

sagegirl said:
I hope in getting to know and respect....and that goes both ways....(they are not showing us any respect, and know very little about us) then we can better understand. We are going to have to do something, the alternative is to what...."nuke em, kill every last one of them, " what do you realistically consider a long term solution.

I recommend racial profiling and investigation of all muslims, and stopping all muslim immigration until the imams of the world moderate their religion. I guess you'd call my policy "containment".

Call me an ethnocentric racist, I DON"T CARE.

sagegirl said:
...I dont know alot about islam, but I do tend to believe that they too have a society that is intolerant. So we do have that in common, at least...

Anyone with a TV or newspaper who can hear or read has to know more about Islamist/Muslim/Arabian regimes than you profess to know. Are you truly so blissfully unaware that you don't know that they stone and hang people for homosexuality, and women for the mere supsicion of adultery? Are you really unaware that women cannot drive in Saudi Ariabia? That girls could not attend school in Afghanistan? Or work? That women were beaten for appearing in public without a burqa? Do you really think the liberals' oh-so-precious "right to kill your own child in the womb" is available in those countries? I think anyone on this MB could go on an on with examples.

That you would say that we have an intolerant society on a par with all that would have made my mouth drop open a while back, but I have heard so much bleeding heart liberal crap by now, that almost nothing surprises me anymore.

sagegirl said:
BZZZZZZZZ---asking for realistic suggestions to resolve the problem with radical muslims is a no no. We first have to spend years trying to find out whose fault it is.

sagegirl said:

Understand What?

Pick up a freekin book. Go to a Mosque. DO SOMETHING.

rtwngAvngr said:
Typically contentious issues have strong support on both sides of the issue. Who strongly supports censorship? I though censorship was a nonissue, assuming that the left and right are both against it. You must think it has strong support somewhere. Where is that support coming from in your view? Why did you include it in your list if you believe nobody favors it?

Maybe your self censorship is the cause of your obvious ignorance.

This is a bit off the topic but I will respond....I think censorship is a highly contentious issue. It can be either up front and in your face or it can be subtle, and sometimes it is almost like reverse censorship, by limiting access to some or by the process of certain benefits for those that push certain ideas. There are two very extreme sides to censorship and everything in between is a matter of degree.

HorhayAtAMD said:
You ask what motivates them? Listen to them, they tell you every day. Their only attempt to hide their message is by using your anti-semitism to trick you into thinking their goals have something to do with Israel and even at this, they don't try very hard. Listen to their messages and see if you can find any hint, even a tiny hint that they will stop once they have destroyed Israel. They are telling you every day what their eventual goal is: the destruction, through conversion or death, of every non-islamic person everywhere on earth (yes, including the US). I suspect you know this but you think that by isolating the US from the rest of the world, you can better protect yourself. In fact, all you do is let them fight their war against you on their terms. The war will be fought to its conclusion eventually. Do you want to do it when you are ready, or when they are ready?

Hey, I'm open to this, and if this is the case, I hereby declare the liquification of these mongrels. I just doubt this is what they really seek. You'd say I were crazy if I declared that Jews want to control the entire globe --- and that probably would be an overstatement. The truth is somewhere in between. I'm just saying, let's not let Jews off the hook. This is being made out as Christians v. Muslims, and it's really more like Christians v. Muslims v. Jews. Jews have a MAJOR stake in all this, and they are MAJOR players --- just silent partners, if you will. It's time to make their interests and motivations a matter of public discussion and debate. And it's time to recognize that the white majority (however shrinking) does NOT have the same interests as world Jewry.

William Joyce said:
I was with you until this point, and I am somewhat sympathetic to even this, but from a pretty hardcore consersative perspective. I am NOT interested in holding hands with Muslim radicals and "getting to know" them. And anyone who reads my posts knows I have NO interest in "tolerating differences." I say bullshit to that.

But!

I am interested in more public discussion of what MOTIVATES them, which is U.S. support of Israel. Osama bin Laden said that was a main reason for 9/11, but we don't ever even TALK about this because it's taboo. I think that is wrong. Our country's interests should come first, and if the neocon Jews want Israel's to come first, we'll just have to ignore them.

Dude, you are a trip! What motivates the US is having a presence in the region that possess the largest reservoir of oil on Earth, and not letting control of it fall completely into the hands of Islamic fundamentalists.

Your xenophobic views have robbed you of objectivity.

William Joyce said:
Your Michael Moore devotion has done the same!

Consider xenophobia. It could save your life. Just ask the English.

Michael Moore? Just shows where YOU come from comparing me to that maggot.

And no, I won't consider xenophobia. It is nothing but an indicator of fear and ignorance.

GunnyL said:
Michael Moore? Just shows where YOU come from comparing me to that maggot.

And no, I won't consider xenophobia. It is nothing but an indicator of fear and ignorance.

The whole "war is over oil" idea is tired lefty crap, easily disproven but championed by libbies like Moore (and apparently you) because it's non-controversial.

As for "fear," you should be afraid. People want to kill you, homeboy, and it sure as hell ain't 'cause you're "free." More likely, it's because you ain't. As for "ignorance," please do get to know the radical Islamists. Report back to me what you've learned after you've spoken with them. The truth is that nobody really wants to be "understood," they want to be obeyed, yielded to, and paid off. Liberals never seem to get this.

William Joyce said:
The whole "war is over oil" idea is tired lefty crap, easily disproven but championed by libbies like Moore (and apparently you) because it's non-controversial.

As for "fear," you should be afraid. People want to kill you, homeboy, and it sure as hell ain't 'cause you're "free." More likely, it's because you ain't. As for "ignorance," please do get to know the radical Islamists. Report back to me what you've learned after you've spoken with them. The truth is that nobody really wants to be "understood," they want to be obeyed, yielded to, and paid off. Liberals never seem to get this.

If you think I'm a liberal just because I don't buy your blind hatred of anything that isn't just like you, you're screwier than I thought.

You also display your ignorance of reality if you don't think our presence in the Middle East is over oil. I didn't say "stealing oil," which the left-wing accusation. Just keeping tabs on who holds the key to the oil wells. We would be stupid if we didn't.

I ain't your homeboy, young 'un, and don't forget it.

Why should I fear people who wish to kill me? They have to DO it first. If they succeed, I don't care. If they fail, they die. Simple enough math for you?

You just hold your breath until I report back to you. I've forgetten more about radical Islam than you'll likely ever learn.

sagegirl said:
This is a bit off the topic but I will respond....I think censorship is a highly contentious issue. It can be either up front and in your face or it can be subtle, and sometimes it is almost like reverse censorship, by limiting access to some or by the process of certain benefits for those that push certain ideas. There are two very extreme sides to censorship and everything in between is a matter of degree.

Sounds like you sort of don't know what censorship or contentiousness are.

Are you talking about liberals who keep spouting that insane point of view so they can feel special at cocktail parties?

Again, contentious issues typically have strong support pro and con. Who is pro censorship?

WJ. Even if israel did not exist, we would have an interest in keeping the ME from descending into a morass of tyranny and hatred.

Why let a bunch of "sand *******" dictate to us who our allies should be? Like gunny said, you're letting this anti jew stuff cloud your mind.

sagegirl said:
We should tolerate murderous insanity based only on valid and compassionate
issues. We do it all the time.

What are you talking about? Please cite one example of murderous insanity based on a valid, compassionate issue.

Forum List

Back