Not a lot of action on the Canada forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian army dudes are dying in Afghanistan from roadside bombs because Canada is too cheap to buy helicopters. But good job protecting the world's heroin supply.

"Canadian army dudes?"

ArmyCanada.jpg

Someone tried to tell me they had an army the other day. I laughed my ass off. maybe they do?

But why?
That's a good question. They never take freeDumb and demoNcracy to lands far away so nobody has any desire to see the Canuks removed from the map...........murka and IsNtReal on the other hand...............

And they're not the #1 superpower of the world, either.

They don't have to worry about their borders because we completely surround and protect them.

Canada can afford to be *nice* and *popular* because they are sitting on our front porch.

They don't have to worry about their borders because we completely surround and protect them.

Canada can afford to be *nice* and *popular* because they are sitting on our front porch.

Do you have any idea of Canada's commitment to armed forces in the first and second world war?

If another great war begins, Canada knows how to ramp up.

Military history of Canada during World War I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Military history of Canada during World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We will stand tall and strong again. My grandfather was in WWI and my father in WWII.

Canada stands with America also. Yes, Canada benefits from being the neighbor of Canada as possibly we might have been attacked by Russian Siberia.

:tongue:

But we will fight and die with Americans. We fought the Nazi since Sept. 10 1939. America waiting until they were attacked by the Japanese (Pearl Harbor) in 1942. During the course of the war 730,000 Canadian men and women served in the army, 260,000 served in the air force and 115,000 served in the navy.

Canadians distinguished themselves at several theaters of the war most notably at Dieppe in France in 1942, the invasion of the Italian peninsula in 1943, the liberation of the Netherlands and the Allied invasion of German occupied France from Normandy in 1944.

We fight, and do it quite well, thank you very much. :razz:

If the United States were to annex Canada, and we turned it into either the 51st State or divided the new territory into a couple of new States, the main result would be that we'd have fucked up the Star Spangled Banner aesthetically speaking.

Now, pass the back bacon and beer, eh, hosers?

I'll take the beer eh.... :tongue:

Do you have any idea of Canada's commitment to armed forces in the first and second world war?

Military history of Canada during World War I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Military history of Canada during World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We will stand tall and strong again. My grandfather was in WWI and my father in WWII.

Canada stands with America also. Yes, Canada benefits from being the neighbor of Canada as possibly we might have been attacked by Russian Siberia.

But we will fight and die with Americans. We fought the Nazi since Sept. 10 1939. America waiting until they were attacked by the Japanese (Pearl Harbor) in 1942. During the course of the war 730,000 Canadian men and women served in the army, 260,000 served in the air force and 115,000 served in the navy.

Canadians distinguished themselves at several theaters of the war most notably at Dieppe in France in 1942, the invasion of the Italian peninsula in 1943, the liberation of the Netherlands and the Allied invasion of German occupied France from Normandy in 1944.

You make a compelling case on behalf of Canada!

Makes me kinda proud to technically be a dual citizen.

And that makes me a little sorry for the whole annexation thing.

Tell you what. Let's make a deal, eh?

I'll forgive you guys for fucking up the aesthetics of Old Glory if you'll forgive the United States for annexing the Great White North in the first place. That should suffice to cancel out each others' minor qualms and complaints in these matters.

Us_flag_large_51_stars.png

The extra star is for the New State of Canada. The proposed Capitol of the New State of Canada will be Quebec. But, no French language, please.

If Canada accepted the US as a 14th province the whole country would be overun with ugly crack hoz and losers with guns.

OTOH, Canada would finally be able to field a real baseball team.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JofpwEHa4tY[/ame]

Good enough that we took the pennant two years in a row.

TORONTO, April 2 /CNW/ - The team that brought home back-to-back World
Series titles will reunite for a special three-day celebration this summer.
Fan favourites Joe Carter, Robbie Alomar, Paul Molitor, Devon White and John
Olerud will be on hand, along with 25 teammates and coaches to commemorate one
of the most memorable chapters in Toronto's sports history.

The August 6th-8th reunion weekend, which will feature a golf tournament,
Fan Fest and other opportunities for fans to reconnect with some of their
favourite Blue Jays, will mark the largest collection of players to assemble
in Toronto since the actual championship seasons. The highlight will be a
special Flashback Friday tribute will be hosted on August 7 prior to the game
against the Baltimore Orioles.

Blue Jays Back to Back Winsl

bluejays.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
I'll forgive you guys for fucking up the aesthetics of Old Glory if you'll forgive the United States for annexing the Great White North in the first place. That should suffice to cancel out each others' minor qualms and complaints in these matters.

Indeed. We are still dealing with some minor land squabbles with America and Russia, but we stand nevertheless. :lol:

The extra star is for the New State of Canada. The proposed Capitol of the New State of Canada will be Quebec. But, no French language, please.

We have our own star, thank you very much. Her name is Shania Twain....

Shania+Twain+02.jpg

:lol:

You can have Celine....

7478-stand_yahoo_vs_celine_dion_battle.jpg

"Thank you very much?"

:eusa_hand:

For what?

Canadians are a polite group.:cool:
For what? For the chance to respond. If the statement regarding our commitment to fight was not created, then I couldn't have posted. The thank you was for the opening. :razz:

You might have seen this method in some of my discussions... :eusa_shhh:

Weird

You benefit from being next to yourself? uhm Bipolar?

HOLD UP!

Canada has an Airforce?

WOW It must be a bitch getting the moose inside the planes, let alone training them to fly.

We did war games with your Navy. 2nd best competition we ever had. :2up:

Weird

You benefit from being next to yourself? uhm Bipolar?

HOLD UP!

Canada has an Airforce?

WOW It must be a bitch getting the moose inside the planes, let alone training them to fly.

We did war games with your Navy. 2nd best competition we ever had. :2up:

Mistype. But a call to my mental state for a mistype?

Canada is not looking to be America. You have that distinction. We do not have to be as powerful as America.

We have to be Canada.

Hold on Ropey.

I was having a little fun. That's how this thread started, us poking fun at each other and you were joining in.

Yes I poked fun at what I knew to be a typo.

I was in the Navy, I've met Canadian, English, French and Isralie sailors. Trash talk is in our nature, then we buy each others beer.

But seriously;

How did they close the cockpits with moose inside? thier antlers are huge!

And please.

Take Celine...

:razz:

Not a chance in hell!

Of course not. Nobody wants Celine. We try so hard..... :eusa_pray:

Hold on Ropey.

I was having a little fun. That's how this thread started, us poking fun at each other and you were joining in.

I was in the Navy, I've met Canadian, English, French and Isralie sailors. Trash talk is in our nature, then we buy each others beer.

Ah, a squid. I should have know. :razz: OK, now I understand your humor. Being on long trips with only men changes people. :razz:

But seriously;

We shrink them. You must have that technology in the US. I mean I've seen you guys in the showers.

too_small_to_fuck1.jpg

And please.

Take Celine...

Not a chance in hell!

Of course not. Nobody wants Celine. We try so hard..... :eusa_pray:

Hold on Ropey.

Ah, a squid. I should have know. :razz: OK, now I understand your humor. Being on long trips with only men changes people. :razz:

But seriously;

We shrink them. You must have that technology in the US. I mean I've seen you guys in the showers.
too_small_to_fuck1.jpg

:rofl:

Hey, wait a minute! That was a shot below the belt! <get the pun?<

Not an actual squid. The proper term would be "Bubble head". I was on submarines. And yes those long lonely voyages going where no Canadian squid had gone....

You sure it's a Navy you have and not more of a Coast Guard?

Why are all Candian sailors 6' tall?

So they can wade to shore if thier ship sinks. :lol:

:rofl:

Hey, wait a minute! That was a shot below the belt! <get the pun?<

Not an actual squid. The proper term would be "Bubble head". I was on submarines. And yes those long lonely voyages going where no Canadian squid had gone....

You sure it's a Navy you have and not more of a Coast Guard?

Why are all Candian sailors 6' tall?

So they can wade to shore if thier ship sinks. :lol:

We Canadians don't have belts. We use twine...

Then we sing the song "I walk the line" differently.

Because your mine, I pull the twine....

You bubbleheads give new meaning to the term "Down Under, Down Under". :razz:

The Coast Guard ships are refitted in times of war and guess who supplied Britain with American arms from 1939 - 1942 when America was not involved.

guess who supplied Britain with American arms from 1939 - 1942 when America was not involved.

:eusa_eh:

Um, If "America was not involved from 1939-1942" then who made the American Arms supplied to Britian during this time.

Canadians?

America supplied arms to Britain and transported via convoys. Canada transported both the American and Canadian support. For Canada, this US carrying began in 1940 and was hastened in 1941 with an act called, "Promotion of the Defense of the United States". This changed the convoy direction from US --> Britain with no intermediary although Canada still transported, it now did it beside America. America had to be seen as not being involved.

But they were of course.

The Canadian government took full control of the economy, and turned it into a war-winning weapon.

During the Second World War, Canadian industries manufactured war materials and other supplies for Canada, the United States, Britain, and other Allied countries. The total value of Canadian war production was almost $10 billion - approximately $100 billion in today’s dollars.

The Canadian contribution began early and made a crucial difference to the winning of the war. For a nation of 11 million people it was an incredible accomplishment.

Canadian Production
Canadian industrial production during the Second World war.

• 11 billion dollars of munitions
  • 1.7 million small arms
  • 43,000 heavy guns
  • 16,000 aircraft
  • 2 million tonnes of explosives
  • 815,000 military vehicles, 50,000 tanks and armored gun carriers
  • 9,000 boats and ships
  • Anti-tank and field artillery
  • Naval guns
  • Small arms and automatic weapons
  • Radar sets and Electronics
  • Synthetic rubber
  • Uranium for the ’Manhattan Project’

WWII: Canadian War Industry - Canada at War

industry1.jpg

Canada was faced with the challenge of creating - practically from scratch - a strong industrial base to produce weapons and war materials for the war effort. Canadian industry and the workforce of our country stepped up with an amazing response to this situation and helped contribute to the Allied victory in the war.

We stand with our partners and always have. When push comes to shove, the Canadians are proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back