Not a lot of action on the Canada forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Canada......

41rIpVd1L3L._AA280_.jpg

If only they all looked like Toro.......

guess who supplied Britain with American arms from 1939 - 1942 when America was not involved.

:tongue:

:eusa_eh:

Um, If "America was not involved from 1939-1942" then who made the American Arms supplied to Britian during this time.

Canadians?

America supplied arms to Britain and transported via convoys. Canada transported both the American and Canadian support. For Canada, this US carrying began in 1940 and was hastened in 1941 with an act called, "Promotion of the Defense of the United States". This changed the convoy direction from US --> Britain with no intermediary although Canada still transported, it now did it beside America.

The Canadian government took full control of the economy, and turned it into a war-winning weapon.

During the Second World War, Canadian industries manufactured war materials and other supplies for Canada, the United States, Britain, and other Allied countries. The total value of Canadian war production was almost $10 billion - approximately $100 billion in today’s dollars.

The Canadian contribution began early and made a crucial difference to the winning of the war. For a nation of 11 million people it was an incredible accomplishment.

Canadian Production
Canadian industrial production during the Second World war.

• 11 billion dollars of munitions
  • 1.7 million small arms
  • 43,000 heavy guns
  • 16,000 aircraft
  • 2 million tonnes of explosives
  • 815,000 military vehicles, 50,000 tanks and armored gun carriers
  • 9,000 boats and ships
  • Anti-tank and field artillery
  • Naval guns
  • Small arms and automatic weapons
  • Radar sets and Electronics
  • Synthetic rubber
  • Uranium for the ’Manhattan Project’

WWII: Canadian War Industry - Canada at War

industry1.jpg

Canada was faced with the challenge of creating - practically from scratch - a strong industrial base to produce weapons and war materials for the war effort. Canadian industry and the workforce of our country stepped up with an amazing response to this situation and helped contribute to the Allied victory in the war.

We stand with our partners and always have. When push comes to shove, the Canadians are proven.

My Dad fought along side Canadians in Korea. He preferred them to Marines.

And they're not the #1 superpower of the world, either.

They don't have to worry about their borders because we completely surround and protect them.

Canada can afford to be *nice* and *popular* because they are sitting on our front porch.

Geography not your strong suit, Allie?

LOLOLOL.

I think he was including the US Navy in that post. And he could have said as much about Central and South America.

My Dad fought along side Canadians in Korea. He preferred them to Marines.

I trained in Canada and transferred to Israel in seventy. I fought with the Israeli and they were some fine and ready fighters.

To my view, Marines are better. Often there is an arrogance in their training that is hard for non Marines to take. I know I found it hard, but that's what makes them so good.

I would rather have an American Marine beside me in a fight, but not in a bar. :razz:

Dave, a Canadian, is walking down the street in Buffalo, New York, holding a case of Bradors under his arm.

His American friend, Robert, seeing Dave with the case of Bradors, thinking there must be a party getting ready to get going somewhere, stops him and says, "Hey Dave! Whatcha got that case of beer for?"

"I got it for my wife, eh?" answers Dave.

"Wow," exclaims Robert, "Great trade."

Last edited:
An American, a Scot and a Canuk were in a terrible car accident. They were all brought to the same emergency room, but all three of them died before they arrived. Just as they were about to put the toe tag on the American, he stirred and opened his eyes. Astonished, the doctors and nurses present asked him what happened.

"Well," said the American, "I remember the crash, and then there was a beautiful light, and then the Canadian and the Scot and I were standing at the gates of heaven. St. Peter approached us and said that we were all too young to die, and that for a donation of $100, we could return to the earth."

He continued, " So of course, I pulled out my wallet and gave him the $100, and the next thing I knew I was back here."

"That's amazing!" said one of the doctors, "But what happened to the other two?"

"Last I saw them," replied the American, "the Scot was haggling over the price and the Canadian was waiting for the government to pay for his."

:lol:

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for 6 days. Eventually Michael the Archangel found him, resting on the 7th day.

He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards, through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it EARTH and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to the different parts of EARTH, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor. Over there, I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people." God continued, pointing to different countries, "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a large landmass in the top corner and asked, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God, "That's Canada, the most glorious place on EARTH. There's beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and an exquisite coast-line. The people from Canada are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found traveling the world. They'll be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there will be balance?"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the loud-mouth bastards I'm putting next to them."

snow+cartoon.jpg

So. What's to discuss?

Nice snow, eh?

Not so Liability. The summers here are indeed lovely. Even if they are a bit short. :lol:

Yeah. I know. I was just keeding the Canuckys from Canuckystan.

Actually, my dad was from Canada.

I have visited Canada. If you happen to be in Toronto near their equivalent of NYC's East Village, and if you look down upon the ground and see a cigarette butt there, you KNOW an American has passed by sometime earlier that day.

I am a fan of Canada. We should annex it. :razz:

That's good to know.

I'm here as part of the fifth column, aka "The Fifth Column, Eh."

Once the greenback collapses to zero, we're comin' in and takin' over and forcing Americans to take jobs serving the Canadian economy. I'll be able to get you a job as "Assistant Head of Beaver Skinning" or "Chief Igloo Block Cutter" or something like that.

Now, say it with me: "I got my pogey cheque. Let's go buy a two-four, eh!"

Not so Liability. The summers here are indeed lovely. Even if they are a bit short. :lol:

I have visited Canada. If you happen to be in Toronto near their equivalent of NYC's East Village, and if you look down upon the ground and see a cigarette butt there, you KNOW an American has passed by sometime earlier that day.

That's good to know.

Once the greenback collapses to zero, we're comin' in and takin' over and forcing Americans to take jobs serving the Canadian economy. I'll be able to get you a job as "Assistant Head of Beaver Skinning" or "Chief Igloo Block Cutter" or something like that.

I will happily drink Canadian beer with you, eh. But don't make me use your monopoly money.

It's VERY hard to take Canadians seriously given that they even recognize their own status in the universe by their legal tender: looneys.

And double looneys.

:cuckoo:

I'm re-thinking the wisdom of annexing you folks. Maybe another wall? Oh shit. We'd have to import Mexicans to build it.

Damn.

Q: How many Jews does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: Doesn't matter, the Jews are too busy arguing over why it burnt out in the first place to ever change it.

The poor light bulb never got over it. :(

dim-bulb.jpg

That's good to know.

I will happily drink Canadian beer with you, eh. But don't make me use your monopoly money.

It's VERY hard to take Canadians seriously given that they even recognize their own status in the universe by their legal tender: looneys.

And double looneys.

I'm re-thinking the wisdom of annexing you folks. Maybe another wall? Oh shit. We'd have to import Mexicans to build it.

Damn.

They're known as twonies.

Loonies and Twonies...

And to think I was gonna post a joke on this post!

That's good to know.

And double looneys.

Damn.

They're known as twonies.

Loonies and Twonies...

And to think I was gonna post a joke on this post!

Double loonies sounds like dubloon--ees.

Twonies sounds like you need help counting how many knees you have.

Of course, if you've had a knee replacement, I can see the problem.

Dubloons, not Double Loonies. :razz:

Not that it matters. It's just hard money. If that's your only worry about annexing us, then bring 'er on.... :razz:

Dubloons, not Double Loonies. :razz:

Not that it matters. It's just hard money. If that's your only worry about annexing us, then bring 'er on.... :razz:

WTF are you talkin' about now, eh hoser?

You Canuckys from Canuckystain don't know how to name coinage and you worry about whether anybody else can use proper terminology for your looney double loonies?

Of course, it could be worse. You could have named coins with such terminology as "farthings," "pence," "Quid," "bob," "pound" and so forth. :cuckoo:

Fuckin' Aye. At least you had the sense to drop that British absurdity and pay some attention to guys like Jefferson.

canadian-coins.jpg

Two-knees. Uhm. :eusa_hand:

Fighting over small change eh.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back