Not a Clue Right Up to the End

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Here is what happens when you put a person in the job of the president based on his Daddy's name. This guy must be on drugs or in a total state of denial.

President Bush's farewell press conference was classic: Not merely was he out of touch with reality, but he was angry that reality was out of touch with him.

The first full question and answer I heard illustrates the outgoing president so well. I tuned in just before American Urban Radio Networks's April Ryan asked Bush about Hurricane Katrina. He rattled off his prepared talking points and then got ... angry. Not angry at his administration's failure in New Orleans, but at critics of it:

The Last Bush Press Conference: Marvelously Out of Touch - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

From a conservative commentatrix:

But on one topic in particular, he seemed almost entirely disconnected from what really happened: Hurricane Katrina. As someone who spent many days in New Orleans, Louisiana, after Hurricane Katrina, I was taken aback listening to the president talk about the government's response.

Commentary: Bush can't see failure of Katrina response - CNN.com

From a lying liberal:

Rep. Gene Taylor, D-Miss., whose home was swept away by the storm, agreed with the praise for the Coast Guard but still faulted Bush's role.

"It was a storm of such magnitude that I really do think he needed to go down to the region," said Taylor in an interview. "It would have been a lot more effective if he'd camped out there in Baton Rouge for a week or so."

"This was a national disaster of biblical proportions," he said.

Taylor reiterated his belief that FEMA director Michael Brown was "incompetent" and "should have been replaced much sooner."

Bush defends Katrina response - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — President George W. Bush claimed to have inherited a recession that in fact began on his watch in a legacy-polishing news conference Monday often at odds with his record. A look at some of the president's claims in his final news conference, and the facts:

BUSH: "In terms of the economy — look, I inherited a recession, I'm ending on a recession. In the meantime, there were 52 months of uninterrupted job growth."

The Associated Press: FACT CHECK: In final word, Bush gilds his record

What really makes me angry is that will all the real American Patriots who have died, with all the people out of work, with the economy all screwed up, this little bastard and his buddy Cheney will retire with all the money they need for the rest of their miserable lifes.

If there is such a thing as karma, somehow Bernie Madoff will get them to invest all their blood money in one of his schemes.:eusa_pray:

Ya, cause well with all the roads, airfields and bridges washed out FEMA should have still been able to move all the supplies they had stockpiled. And of course the incompetent Mayor and Governor that allowed so many people to be left behind and did not stock provisions at evacuation sites or provide security nor tell FEMA where everyone was with out provisions, they are blameless, of Course.

You are a Partisan hack, what ever will do once Obama is President?

Gunny, the response was crap and you knnow it. If FEMA had not been downgraded under Bush and had its budget cut and if it had someone with emergency experience in charge, it would not have been this screwed up.

This disaster was not something out of the blue. Hell, it was detailed in National Geographic a year earlier. If I had someone working for me in this type of job and they screwed up this bad, they would have been court martialed.

Bitter almonds to you Willow are the truth to the majority.

If he had just taken his HMX Helo and flown in with extra Secret Service and the necessary Military Police, he could have actually been a leader. All he had to do was spend a day or two in an un airconditioned tent and walk, talk and touch the people. That is a need from a leader in times like this. Funny how he could slime up on the pile of rubble in New York with the Fireman and act like he was there to protect them, but couldn't quite muster that for New Orleans or even leave the frigging birthday party of McCain early.

His response was to fly over the city and look out a fucking airplane window.
He doesn't have a clue what leadership is about. He failed the people of New Orleans and he failed our country.

Keep sucking up your Bush Kool Aid for the rest of your life. History won't count him any better. When it does, you will then say that you were there when it happened and now history is lying.

Gunny, if Obama screws up like this, I will be one of the first to point it out. I don't believe in the head in the sand defend your side right or wrong.

Gunny, the response was crap and you knnow it. If FEMA had not been downgraded under Bush and had its budget cut and if it had someone with emergency experience in charge, it would not have been this screwed up.

This disaster was not something out of the blue. Hell, it was detailed in National Geographic a year earlier. If I had someone working for me in this type of job and they screwed up this bad, they would have been court martialed.

Bitter almonds to you Willow are the truth to the majority.

If he had just taken his HMX Helo and flown in with extra Secret Service and the necessary Military Police, he could have actually been a leader. All he had to do was spend a day or two in an un airconditioned tent and walk, talk and touch the people. That is a need from a leader in times like this. Funny how he could slime up on the pile of rubble in New York with the Fireman and act like he was there to protect them, but couldn't quite muster that for New Orleans or even leave the frigging birthday party of McCain early.

His response was to fly over the city and look out a fucking airplane window.
He doesn't have a clue what leadership is about. He failed the people of New Orleans and he failed our country.

Keep sucking up your Bush Kool Aid for the rest of your life. History won't count him any better. When it does, you will then say that you were there when it happened and now history is lying.

Gunny, if Obama screws up like this, I will be one of the first to point it out. I don't believe in the head in the sand defend your side right or wrong.

Bullshit---you're one of the MOST heavily partisan people here.

Ya, cause well with all the roads, airfields and bridges washed out FEMA should have still been able to move all the supplies they had stockpiled. And of course the incompetent Mayor and Governor that allowed so many people to be left behind and did not stock provisions at evacuation sites or provide security nor tell FEMA where everyone was with out provisions, they are blameless, of Course.

You are a Partisan hack, what ever will do once Obama is President?

The Katrina response was a FUBAR on all levels. However, the city and state government did follow the protocols. The Federal government did not. There were reporters moving in and out of the city freely, the emergency supplies could have easily been brought in. Hell, a young man even took a bus and drove in and picked up a load of people.

This was just one of many fuckups that earned Bush the Miserable Failure title. And that is how history will view him.

I don't get this schtick you have.

I've seen you claim that you're a non-partisan, neither democrat nor republican, that you're independent, and that you were going to be happy if Obama won.

But, you appear to be one of those Bill O'Reilly "independents", who spends virtually all their time attacking liberals.

Can you explain?

Funny how he could slime up on the pile of rubble in New York with the Fireman and act like he was there to protect them, but couldn't quite muster that for New Orleans or even leave the frigging birthday party of McCain early.

Simple

New York is full of Jews with lots of money.

New Orleans is full of poor Blacks

The Katrina response was a FUBAR on all levels. However, the city and state government did follow the protocols. The Federal government did not. There were reporters moving in and out of the city freely, the emergency supplies could have easily been brought in. Hell, a young man even took a bus and drove in and picked up a load of people.

This was just one of many fuckups that earned Bush the Miserable Failure title. And that is how history will view him.

Spot on.

The FEMA response was piss poor.

Bush defending that proformance as okay is typical of the guy.

This is what Bush was doing the day Katrina hit. This is no joke.....

20050829-5_p082905pm-0125-515h.jpg

Actually, not one of the most. I am dead set against Bush because he has screwed up just about everything he did. That isn't partisan, that is my opinion based on his actions. I guess the people who still are willing to drink his urine and call it Mountain Dew are not partisan?

As to that making my statements false, you are full of crap. He has no real leadership skills that he has ever demonstrated. He is an insecure little rich boy who is still trying to be better than his daddy was. He is arrogant and is unable to objectively take on criticism. His so called news conference yesterday bore that out. It was never really his fault. The banner was a mistake, but not the deaths of The fact that he surrounded himself with friends instead of experts tells the whole story on his lack of intelligence.

Fuck this history stuff being the judge. The people who had to live under his incompetence are the final judges and almost 80% say he sucked.

You can be part of the 20% who still love him for all I care, but that sure as hell don't make you right.

According to Bush's comments on Katrina, I suspect that all the evacuees should have gotten on the roof of the Superdome. :lol:
That way, helicopter "drivers" could have rescued them sooner!:lol:
30,000 people "was" rescued from roofs.:lol:
I am so going to miss this guy and his use of the english language!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here is what happens when you put a person in the job of the president based on his Daddy's name. This guy must be on drugs or in a total state of denial.

The Last Bush Press Conference: Marvelously Out of Touch - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

From a conservative commentatrix:

Commentary: Bush can't see failure of Katrina response - CNN.com

From a lying liberal:

Bush defends Katrina response - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

The Associated Press: FACT CHECK: In final word, Bush gilds his record

What really makes me angry is that will all the real American Patriots who have died, with all the people out of work, with the economy all screwed up, this little bastard and his buddy Cheney will retire with all the money they need for the rest of their miserable lifes.

If there is such a thing as karma, somehow Bernie Madoff will get them to invest all their blood money in one of his schemes.:eusa_pray:

Bill Press was replaying this. Bush didn't say he regretted, but instead said he was disappointed with the way people viewed him after Katrina.

Then he went on to defend himself. He said if he went to Katrina, it would have pulled police away from their duties to protect him.

So clearly he doesn't get it, or is spinning this, because I don't think he is really this stupid. He only plays down south stupid. That's something he learned from Lee Atwater.

Want to talk about Karma? Lee Atwater got his. But did Republicans learn from Lee? Only to win at any cost.

Anyways, Bush suggested that him going down there would have been a distraction. Is he kidding? Because no one expected or wanted him to physically go to New Orleans. They wanted him to send help!

But did the press catch that or question him? No, they almost feel sorry for the little idiot.

But he isn't an idiot! He's just a puppet who is shameless and will reap billions for what he did. Mission Accomplished.

The Katrina response was a FUBAR on all levels. However, the city and state government did follow the protocols. The Federal government did not.

You have to be kidding me?

Why is it only LA had problems, and specifically N.O.?

You understand how many other States suffered from Katrina, right?

Yet ALL of the rest had very good responses with State and Federal Assistance working hand in hand...

Imagine that.

Forum List

Back