North Korea confrontation possible in response to sony cyberattack

It isn't a hundred percent sure that it is North Korea. They are denying it. Sony has been hacked before (over ten times). I would be really careful with this one.

It isn't even 10% sure, but it is politically useful, so the accusation will do as proof.

I don't have to worry about getting it in front of a jury. It will never happen. Holmes never broke any law until he murdered people in that theater. He didn't even have a traffic ticket. The federal gov't approved the sale of the guns. The gun seller did nothing wrong. And no amount of emotional bullshit with pictures of dead kids will change that. The gun seller did not kill those kids. And they are not responsible for the deaths of those kids.

as far as I'm concerned, they are. Let's see how the Sandy Hook thing plays out....

I don't have to worry about getting it in front of a jury. It will never happen. Holmes never broke any law until he murdered people in that theater. He didn't even have a traffic ticket. The federal gov't approved the sale of the guns. The gun seller did nothing wrong. And no amount of emotional bullshit with pictures of dead kids will change that. The gun seller did not kill those kids. And they are not responsible for the deaths of those kids.

as far as I'm concerned, they are. Let's see how the Sandy Hook thing plays out....

What you think and the reality of the law are two very different things.

Two cops were killed yesterday because a mentally ill man with a criminal record was still able to get a gun.

No, we don't have a gun problem at all in this country.

The murder took place in BED STUY section of Brooklyn---
that area and EAST NY---another section of Brooklyn next door
to Bed Stuy-----could probably be termed the MURDER CAPITAL OF THE WORLD------but those stats are going down in the past few years. People somehow manage to find
guns in the gutters

Two cops were killed yesterday because a mentally ill man with a criminal record was still able to get a gun.

The pro gun lobby should support this man taking his constitutional right to own a gun seriously.
So two cops were murdered - a small price to pay for freedom to be a silly fucker.

The pro gun lobby should support this man taking his constitutional right to own a gun seriously.
So two cops were murdered - a small price to pay for freedom to be a silly fucker.

most of the guns in Bed Stuy Brooklyn are not owned legally----it is actually difficult to get a license to own a gun
in New York City

New York has the strictest gun control laws in the country. Gun control will never keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

If you choose to believe the FBI they traced it to North Korea using the stolen credentials of a Sony administrator.

If this is allowed to pass with no response there will be more until we do what we're told or lose our electrical grid or communication satellites. We will live at the whim of whoever wants to bother making a threat.

obumble being a bumbler will investigate and consider a response until the story is moved from the headlines. When the next terrorist wants us to all stand on our heads we will do it.

See, Iceweasel, this is how you make it Obama's fault, because everything is Obama's fault, somehow.

What we need to do is not have lax security like Sony did. The power grid and other corporations should have tighter cyber-security.
You should have seen what Oblama did to his underwear, he washed them in hot water with a red hat...

How about we get help for the mentally ill instead of simply banning the tools used by an tiny percentage of them?

How about we get help for the mentally ill instead of simply banning the tools used by an tiny percentage of them?

32,000 gun deaths is not a tiny percentage.

Ok Sparky, perhaps I was typing too fast. Take the number of mentally ill in this country, then figure out what percentage of that number has ever used a gun to kill someone. That number would be a tiny percentage.

And of the 32,000, only 10,000 (or less) were murders. Suicides are, as we have discussed before, not going to be effected by gun laws.

Ok Sparky, perhaps I was typing too fast. Take the number of mentally ill in this country, then figure out what percentage of that number has ever used a gun to kill someone. That number would be a tiny percentage.

And of the 32,000, only 10,000 (or less) were murders. Suicides are, as we have discussed before, not going to be effected by gun laws.

Well, I think mental illness has a bigger effect on suicide than murder... but you take away the guns, they aren't going to be as good at it.

Well, I think mental illness has a bigger effect on suicide than murder... but you take away the guns, they aren't going to be as good at it.

Bullshit. Australia put major restrictions on guns and their suicide rate has not dropped at all. In fact, it rose briefly.

Bullshit. Australia put major restrictions on guns and their suicide rate has not dropped at all. In fact, it rose briefly.
Also it would lead to more painful and gruesome suicides. Not saying shooting yourself isn't painful, but for sure drowning, hanging, and overdoses are worse.

Also it would lead to more painful and gruesome suicides. Not saying shooting yourself isn't painful, but for sure drowning, hanging, and overdoses are worse.

As I have said numerous times, someone using a gun when they commit suicide means that they truly wanted to die.

As I have said numerous times, someone using a gun when they commit suicide means that they truly wanted to die.
People can crack, when social pressures or fears become too much. It is a very sad situation.

Forum List

Back