North Korea confrontation possible in response to sony cyberattack

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/19/w...possible-in-response-to-sony-cyberattack.html

Fact, that our government threatens Northern Korea after attack is absurd. Why we protect interests of Japanese company? Or, maybe somebody, is just interested in cooperation with Sony? It’s not our problem and I think, that they should do everything they want, by themselves!

I do not believe for a second that North Korea can carry on such a sophisticated attack.

Sounds to me like an inside job and they are using NK as a scapegoat.

That is because the gun dealer got federal approval to sell the gun. No laws broken. The theater should not have to pay in a lawsuit. There is no way they could have known it would happen.

Yes, totally ignore that a crazy person with orange hair wanted to buy a military grade weapons.

Absolute horseshit. Did he act crazy at all?

And if you want hair color to be a determining factor in buying a firearm, you're nuts. Oh wait....

Seems like you think he acted crazy all the time? Funny that isn't what people who met him say.

"Jackie Mitchell, a furniture mover who lives several blocks from Holmes' Aurora apartment building, said he shared a beer with him Tuesday at a neighborhood bar. They talked about the Denver Broncos' Peyton Manning.
"We just talked about football. He had a backpack and geeky glasses and seemed like a real intelligent guy and I figured he was one of the college students," he told AP, adding that he had a "swagger.""

and

"Former San Diego neighbors remember James Holmes as a "normal kid" who was very shy, well-mannered and deeply involved with his family in their local Presbyterian church, the Los Angeles Times says.
"He seemed to be a normal kid, I don't know what triggered it. This makes me very sad," said Tom Mai. His 16-year-old son described Holmes as "as a normal guy, an every day guy, doing every day things.""

both from: Colorado shootings suspect Who is James Holmes

But the gun store clerk was supposed to KNOW he was crazy. lmao

And if you want hair color to be a determining factor in buying a firearm, you're nuts. Oh wait....

When it's a color not found in nature on a man... uh, yeah.

Everyone in his life said he was nuts. Including his mother.

But remember, in crazy world, the gun seller who gave this guy a 100 round magazine and a semi-automatic rifle has no liability, but the theater who left a door open does.

Seems like you think he acted crazy all the time? Funny that isn't what people who met him say.

"Jackie Mitchell, a furniture mover who lives several blocks from Holmes' Aurora apartment building, said he shared a beer with him Tuesday at a neighborhood bar. They talked about the Denver Broncos' Peyton Manning.
"We just talked about football. He had a backpack and geeky glasses and seemed like a real intelligent guy and I figured he was one of the college students," he told AP, adding that he had a "swagger.""

and

"Former San Diego neighbors remember James Holmes as a "normal kid" who was very shy, well-mannered and deeply involved with his family in their local Presbyterian church, the Los Angeles Times says.
"He seemed to be a normal kid, I don't know what triggered it. This makes me very sad," said Tom Mai. His 16-year-old son described Holmes as "as a normal guy, an every day guy, doing every day things.""

did either of those guys sell him a semi-automatic weapon and a 100 round clip?

If the theater is liable, so i the gun seller.

When it's a color not found in nature on a man... uh, yeah.

Everyone in his life said he was nuts. Including his mother.

But remember, in crazy world, the gun seller who gave this guy a 100 round magazine and a semi-automatic rifle has no liability, but the theater who left a door open does.

Obviously not everyone said he was nuts. And the gun seller had no way of telling if he was nuts unless he acted crazy. Do you have any evidence he acted crazy?? Or are you sticking with the idea of restricting gun sales based on hair color?

and

did either of those guys sell him a semi-automatic weapon and a 100 round clip?

If the theater is liable, so i the gun seller.

The basis for the lawsuit against the theater is that 60 or 80 other theaters put on extra security for the release of this movie. But the Aurora theater did not, despite warnings that they should.

The gun seller ran Holmes data thru the federal database and received federal approval to sell him a firearm. If there is a liability in the sales it would be the federal gov't.

Obviously not everyone said he was nuts. And the gun seller had no way of telling if he was nuts unless he acted crazy. Do you have any evidence he acted crazy?? Or are you sticking with the idea of restricting gun sales based on hair color?

No, i'm going with the same liability standard that we should go with on the theater. They should have REASONABLE expected that this was a possibility given their business practices.

The basis for the lawsuit against the theater is that 60 or 80 other theaters put on extra security for the release of this movie. But the Aurora theater did not, despite warnings that they should.

The Dark Knight Rises was released on 15,000 screens around the world.

So again, let me get this straight. They should have put on security because of all the shootings that happened at Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, because I don't recall any of those happening.

But the Gun Seller should be held blameless despite the fact dozens of mass shootings have happened.

This is what you are going with, buddy?

The Dark Knight Rises was released on 15,000 screens around the world.

So again, let me get this straight. They should have put on security because of all the shootings that happened at Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, because I don't recall any of those happening.

But the Gun Seller should be held blameless despite the fact dozens of mass shootings have happened.

This is what you are going with, buddy?

Oh, so the gun seller is blamed because 0.003% of the guns sold by every dealer in the entire country over the past 100 years is used in a murder last year?

And no, if you had been actually reading the thread, I do not agree that the theaters should be sued. It is not as ridiculous as your idea to imprison people who have broken no law and had federal approval for what they did. But it is still wrong.

No, i'm going with the same liability standard that we should go with on the theater. They should have REASONABLE expected that this was a possibility given their business practices.

Really? So the gun dealer that sold the gun to Holmes has sold other guns involved in murders? Really? Or perhaps it never happened?

Oh, so the gun seller is blamed because 0.003% of the guns sold by every dealer in the entire country over the past 100 years is used in a murder last year?

And no, if you had been actually reading the thread, I do not agree that the theaters should be sued. It is not as ridiculous as your idea to imprison people who have broken no law and had federal approval for what they did. But it is still wrong.

Well, yeah, but you never want to get that in front of a jury. You'll have "I got all the paperwork correct" and I'll have pictures of dead kids.

Hopefully, some judges will ignore the stupid laws Congress passed and let the Sandy Hook lawsuits go forward.

Really? So the gun dealer that sold the gun to Holmes has sold other guns involved in murders? Really? Or perhaps it never happened?

The gun industry fights background checks, closing the gun show loophole, registration, training.

They got a court to strike down a federal law the other day that keeps people who were institutionalized from owning guns.

In short, the gun industry doesn't care if the insane and the criminals get guns. They want guys like you to be scared so you want guns, too.

Well, yeah, but you never want to get that in front of a jury. You'll have "I got all the paperwork correct" and I'll have pictures of dead kids.

Hopefully, some judges will ignore the stupid laws Congress passed and let the Sandy Hook lawsuits go forward.

I don't have to worry about getting it in front of a jury. It will never happen. Holmes never broke any law until he murdered people in that theater. He didn't even have a traffic ticket. The federal gov't approved the sale of the guns. The gun seller did nothing wrong. And no amount of emotional bullshit with pictures of dead kids will change that. The gun seller did not kill those kids. And they are not responsible for the deaths of those kids.

The gun industry fights background checks, closing the gun show loophole, registration, training.

They got a court to strike down a federal law the other day that keeps people who were institutionalized from owning guns.

In short, the gun industry doesn't care if the insane and the criminals get guns. They want guys like you to be scared so you want guns, too.

Keep bouncing around to different topics. You lose on one and you try another angle.

Forum List

Back