North Korea confrontation possible in response to sony cyberattack

Ok Sparky, perhaps I was typing too fast. Take the number of mentally ill in this country, then figure out what percentage of that number has ever used a gun to kill someone. That number would be a tiny percentage.

And of the 32,000, only 10,000 (or less) were murders. Suicides are, as we have discussed before, not going to be effected by gun laws.

Well, I think mental illness has a bigger effect on suicide than murder... but you take away the guns, they aren't going to be as good at it.

Bullshit. Australia put major restrictions on guns and their suicide rate has not dropped at all. In fact, it rose briefly.
Also it would lead to more painful and gruesome suicides. Not saying shooting yourself isn't painful, but for sure drowning, hanging, and overdoses are worse.

As I have said numerous times, someone using a gun when they commit suicide means that they truly wanted to die.
People can crack, when social pressures or fears become too much. It is a very sad situation.

Indeed they can. The reason I am calling JoeyB out on his claim is that I posted a link to a study showing gun suicides actually rose slightly in Australia after they implemented the strict gun controls. The rates went back down, but never to the previous lows. So stricter gun laws do not change the rate of gun suicides. He knows this.

Indeed they can. The reason I am calling JoeyB out on his claim is that I posted a link to a study showing gun suicides actually rose slightly in Australia after they implemented the strict gun controls. The rates went back down, but never to the previous lows. So stricter gun laws do not change the rate of gun suicides. He knows this.

Yeah, but it was some horseshit study from a gun nutter site, so I ignored it.

Yeah, but it was some horseshit study from a gun nutter site, so I ignored it.

It was? LMAO!! It was the Australian equivalent of the FBI annual reports and the census. Gotta be worried about those gun nutter FBI reports too?

Forum List

Back