Noow heear this!! DeBlasio bureaucrats to fine businesses that fail to use 'correct' gender pronouns

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
New York businesses face hefty penalties for ‘misgendering’ customers

Greeting customers as “Mr.” or “Mrs.” — or even not using the pronoun “ze” or “zir” — could prove costly for New York City businesses under rules drafted by Mayor Bill de Blasio’s bureaucrats.

The Gotham mayor’s Commission on Human Rights says entities that fail to address customers by their preferred gender pronouns and titles are in violation of the law and could be subject to penalties of up to $250,000.

The commission issued a “legal enforcement guidance” for the New York City Human Rights Law, which now “requires employers and converted entities to use an individual’s preferred name, pronoun and title (e.g., Ms./Mrs.) regardless of the individual’s sex assigned at birth, anatomy, gender, medical history, appearance, or the sex indicated on the individual’s identification.”

Bill de Blasio, NYC mayor, to fine businesses that fail to use correct gender pronouns

Now we see what all of the "transgender" crap was all about. Another excuse to attack small business owners around the nation.

If a business uses the wrong pronoun? They could be fined $250K?

Just in case you needed another reason to despise the left. If you cannot see what this is all about, you are a blind hack.

Greeting customers as “Mr.” or “Mrs.” — or even not using the pronoun “ze” or “zir” — could prove costly for New York City businesses under rules drafted by Mayor Bill de Blasio’s bureaucrats.

The Gotham mayor’s Commission on Human Rights says entities that fail to address customers by their preferred gender pronouns and titles are in violation of the law and could be subject to penalties of up to $250,000.

The commission issued a “legal enforcement guidance” for the New York City Human Rights Law, which now “requires employers and converted entities to use an individual’s preferred name, pronoun and title (e.g., Ms./Mrs.) regardless of the individual’s sex assigned at birth, anatomy, gender, medical history, appearance, or the sex indicated on the individual’s identification.”

Bill de Blasio, NYC mayor, to fine businesses that fail to use correct gender pronouns

Now we see what all of the "transgender" crap was all about. Another excuse to attack small business owners around the nation.

Just in case you needed another reason to despise the left. If you cannot see what this is all about, you are a blind hack.

Heard this one this morning. Free speech has now been denied by the government. Where in the hell do we live!

Heard this one this morning. Free speech has now been denied by the government. Where in the hell do we live!

Looks like in NYC, based on this, yer' just a small stones' throw from becoming N.Korea................:lol:..........

In a land of freedom, we are being told what to think, how to think and what words to say. Sounds like a page out of Orwell's 1984. It's political correctness.
Yep, and there's a lot more on the way. Incredible to watch.
The thing is...I used to be a liberal, but something has gone desperately wrong with liberalism. Critical self examination within the liberal camp is taboo. And that isn't what liberalism is about. I wash my hands of them.

In a land of freedom, we are being told what to think, how to think and what words to say. Sounds like a page out of Orwell's 1984. It's political correctness.
Yep, and there's a lot more on the way. Incredible to watch..
The thing is...I used to be a liberal, but something has gone desperately wrong with liberalism. Critical self examination within the liberal camp is taboo. And that isn't what liberalism is about. I wash my hands of them.
It has been hijacked by nasty, narcissistic zealots. Perversions.

There are still plenty of traditional liberals (Bill Maher, for example) and people who lean left out there. They'll just never be as loud as the zealots, sadly.

Yep, and there's a lot more on the way. Incredible to watch.
It is not liberalism at all. It, like everything else, is disguised as that but is in fact tyranny.

They use the term "liberal" (I do this) or use hot topics that appeal to "liberal" sensibilities and they manipulate them. It is called manipulating the masses. THEY use language that seduces the masses and appeals to the "emotional" side of humanity. That is how they get the caring people to believe they are on the side of the poor and down trodden.

Then, after THEY get what they want, they use a new "law" to gain control. THEY will now use their shiney new weapon to batter the small business owner. The middle class etc.

We can now see how this struggle with "gender identity" is used to make government more tyrannical. "We will be fined if use the WRONG PRONOUN?" This would not have even occurred to a hitler or a roman emperor.

Can you believe what the gullible idiots are allowing to happen?

There are still plenty of traditional liberals (Bill Maher, for example) and people who lean left out there. They'll just never be as loud as the zealots, sadly.
The conformism of modern liberals seems only equaled by arrogance. They might as well be soviet era politburo apparatchiks. YOU MUST THINK ALONG PARTY LINES. A real liberal would never accept that, they would see it for what it is.

The conformism of modern liberals seems only equaled by arrogance. They might as well be soviet era politburo apparatchiks. YOU MUST THINK ALONG PARTY LINES. A real liberal would never accept that, they would see it for what it is.
Many do, such as the proud, life-long liberal in my sig.

But these people are just running over them.

I wonder what our Regressive Leftist pals think of this cool idea.

No comments yet.

Employers and landlords who intentionally and consistently ignore using pronouns such as “ze/hir” to refer to transgender workers and tenants who request them — may be subject to fines as high as $250,000.

The Commission on Human Rights’ legal guidelines mandate that anyone who providing jobs or housing must use individuals’ preferred gender pronouns.

As the regulations, updated late last year, point out, some transgender individuals prefer to use pronouns other than he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Examples of less prominent pronouns that some transgender people may choose, according to the city, are: “ze,” which is the third person singular, such as he and she; and “hir,” which is the third person plural, similar to they.

The legal enforcement is in line with the city’s guidance on discrimination based on gender identity or expression.

Apparently de Blowhard has never heard of something called the First Amendment. The SC will toss this out.

Forum List

Back