Nooooow Heeear Thiis!! Swedish government: Eat mealworms to end climate change!

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Swedish Govt Spends Millions Telling Citizens To Eat Insect “Meat” To End Climate Change

cooked-meal-worms-1024x576.jpg

By Joseph Jankowski

The Swedish government is taking an extremely bizarre commitment to fighting climate change by spending large sums of taxpayer money to develop ‘meat’ made from mealworms and crickets.

Vinnova, the Swedish government agency that distributes money for research and development, is spending some 2.7 billion kronor ($261 million) to replace conventional meat with ‘climate-friendly’ insect ‘meat’ and other strange alternatives.

Yum…

In November there will be a competition held to select the best product, with a potential of an extra two million kronor investment from the government to get the “food” off the ground, reports Breitbart.

According to a press release from Vinnova, the project has the goal of increasing the Swedish food industry’s competitiveness with “products that are developed based on raw materials that can be produced cost-effectively in Sweden.”

The press release informs Swedes that they can look forward to this type of food being in their grocery stores in the near future.

These initiatives to wean populations off conventional meat to combat climate change are becoming a trend as Denmark currently is weighing whether to implement a new tax on red meat.

With cattle allegedly contributing a tenth of global emissions, the Danish Council of Ethics has recommended an initial tax on beef, with a view to extending it later on to all red meat.

The attack on the consumption of meat has been affecting the U.S. as well.

Swedish Govt Spends Millions Telling Citizens To Eat Insect "Meat" To End Climate Change

funny_zps794da6ab.jpg

PSA....What they call "meal worms" there we call Maggots here.
Happy dining liberals.

I missed the part where they said they were force feeding people. I thought it being in the store meant you...like, had to buy it.

Silly me

Sorry, I buried the lead on the last comment. Maggots are not meal worms Jack Hanna.

I would think that mealworms would be a step up from the stuff the left wing GW fear mongers have been feeding the country.

This is more propaganda from those who support AGW and Green Energy. I am sure there is maybe 1% truth to the story and 99% lie. Fiction based on Fact.

The idea being, if they can show extreme stories, we will be scared into taking more reasonable steps.

The propaganda machine is formidable.

I think the research on completely lab-grown meat is the route we will all eventually take. Beef is the worst example, but all forms of meat have a high environmental cost per food unit (whatever unit you care to use). And if the videos one occasionally sees of cows going to slaughter or the living conditions of chickens, has ever bothered you, lab-grown meat is the perfect answer. And I have no doubt that it will eventually match the best meats raised anywhere on the planet.

I think the research on completely lab-grown meat is the route we will all eventually take. Beef is the worst example, but all forms of meat have a high environmental cost per food unit (whatever unit you care to use). And if the videos one occasionally sees of cows going to slaughter or the living conditions of chickens, has ever bothered you, lab-grown meat is the perfect answer. And I have no doubt that it will eventually match the best meats raised anywhere on the planet.
You are truly an idiot, you state if the slaughter cows and chickens bothers us we won't have a problem seeing the science experiment of growing meat in industrial sized factories?

How do we fight the stupid of the World is our biggest problem.

What makes you think that's a stupid idea? The stuff has already been made. Taste tests have found it already nearly perfect. All that's needed is to scale it up to industrial scales.

Forum List

Back