Nonreligious refusal of blood transfusion

Sparker

Jan 20, 2024
I searched and all I can find is Jehovah's Witnesses refusing blood. Is there a standard way to do it without religion?

I searched and all I can find is Jehovah's Witnesses refusing blood. Is there a standard way to do it without religion?
Probably some kind of waiver you could file with the hospital you go to or expect to be taken to, like a Do Not Resuscitate order, pretty well guaranteeing your death in case of a major bleed accident and pretty well would rule out any major surgeries.

If not on some sort of weird religious grounds, why would you want it?

This is a strange thread.
It sort of is.

I understand, sort of why one might want to refuse a blood infusion.

I have seen some lectures by some highly qualified scientists say these high tech COVID jabs alter your DNA, so one might want to avoid that, b/c hypothetically, it may reduce your life expectancy. Though. . . . there isn't a lot of double blind research on that, nor has any phase four trial data been released to affirm or deny that, that I am aware of. . .

OTH, if you need blood or your gonna die? That would likewise seem to shorten your life expectancy somewhat as well?

:eusa_think:

:lol:

Probably some kind of waiver you could file with the hospital you go to or expect to be taken to, like a Do Not Resuscitate order, pretty well guaranteeing your death in case of a major bleed accident and pretty well would rule out any major surgeries.

If not on some sort of weird religious grounds, why would you want it?
That would be fine for a planned procedure. If I'm unconscious in the ER, I want something that says no blood for me, because I won't know what junk is in the blood. If I die from blood loss, I can accept that as better than being tortured for months or years by contaminated blood.

That would be fine for a planned procedure. If I'm unconscious in the ER, I want something that says no blood for me, because I won't know what junk is in the blood. If I die from blood loss, I can accept that as better than being tortured for months or years by contaminated blood.
Well, good luck to ya. If you do know you will need blood for a procedure or major surgery in the near future, you should look into autologous blood and directed blood donations. Otherwise, you could end up with blood, plasma or platelets from somebody like me, a strictly non-paid 15 gallon +, donor of whole blood, plasma and platelets, as well as having been a Covid Convalescent plasma donar. I've got the good stuff, good for what ails ya.:cool:

Christian Scientists so you may not have searched too far. JW's don't always refuse blood though. They just refuse other people's blood. Some will donate their own blood ahead of elective surgery to be used just for them if they need any.

Anybody, however, can refuse a blood transfusion assuming they are in a position to be able to and not laying their unconscious on a stretcher.

It sort of is.

I understand, sort of why one might want to refuse a blood infusion.

I have seen some lectures by some highly qualified scientists say these high tech COVID jabs alter your DNA, so one might want to avoid that, b/c hypothetically, it may reduce your life expectancy. Though. . . . there isn't a lot of double blind research on that, nor has any phase four trial data been released to affirm or deny that, that I am aware of. . .

OTH, if you need blood or your gonna die? That would likewise seem to shorten your life expectancy somewhat as well?

:eusa_think:

:lol:
I have never seen anyone getting a blood transfusion that didn't need it to like, not die. I heard of sports dudes doing it as a form of cheating but it was their own blood.

Depending on details, usually the patient has no choice at all regarding receiving transfusions.

In 2007 after a motorcycle accident I spent 30+ days in the hospital, most of it in an induced coma. I received 2 units of blood. I was not aware of that until afterwards.

Forum List

Back