None of Your Business....

What I posted was facts, figures, and reason.

Really? :lol: All you did was bitch about other people who are bitching, and then completely misrepresented what they're bitching about.

What you produced is a tirade.

No it wasn't. It was an explanation as to how your misrepresentations are false.

I guess it just all went right over your head. Maybe you should just sit down and let the grown ups handle this.

:lol: That's not what I said at all. You should really pay attention before you're going to criticize what someone's saying. :lol:

Well get in line then... Because when you strip the Class War plumage from all the protesting and bitchin' --- MOST of us agree on the bailouts.

You should really stick to points that are relevant to the topic, instead of misrepresenting what people are saying so that you can make points be relevant.

But in 20 minutes there'll be a post by ONE of you class warriors about how the bailouts SAVED our measly asses from a REAL Depression.. I GUARANDAMTEE it.

1) You are the only one invoking class warfare, so you lose the right to say things like "your class warriors."

2) I never stated a position on anything, other than to clarify the misrepresentation you've undertaken in this thread (whether by willful ignorance or parental negligence inflicted stupidity, I don't know). So your comment about "my" class warriors just goes to show that you deal with things on the most simplistic level where sound bytes supposedly make good policy and answer all of life's questions. That makes your comments worthless off the bat.

3) You said that you agree with the bailouts, that most people agree with them. Thus, you're complaining that someone will come in and agree with you? I don't know what it is that has made you have such a bad day, but your emotional ranting is going off in a hundred indiscriminate directions and lacks any cohesive logic. Sit down, take a breath, maybe go smoke some medical marijuana, and relax.

I never said I agreed WITH the bailouts. What I said was that we all seem to agree ABOUT the bailouts. Meaning that when you originally complained that the issue was never about CEO compensation but it was about them using influence to obtain bailouts -- that we would agree that bailouts == bad. But 20 minutes later -- some of the same leftists will claim the bailouts were neccessary. No consistency left. Only rhetoric about CEOs stealing and receiving way too much money.

And BTW very FEW CEOs got "bailed out" and SOME of those who did -- didn't even WANT the money. So I sincerely doubt that the argument that corporate influence CAUSED the bailouts. Except in the cases of GM, Chrysler, and AIG and a couple of others.

If you can't read that correctly -- we are gonna need to go much s-l-o-w-e-r.. Aren't we?
:eusa_angel:

Seriously.. are you inebriated 24/7? You make no fucking sense whatsoever.

I'm waiting for simple explanation as to what damned difference it makes in your life what another private citizen leaves to his children?

You are just too stupid to see the reality.

it makes for spoiled fucking rich assholes like the koch brothers who try to purchase our government out from under the people.

So, as usual, you cannot answer a simple question... no wonder you're the laughing stock of USMB. You're just a jealous, envy ridden little tool.

I answered the question.

Why are you lying about that?

it makes for spoiled fucking rich assholes like the koch brothers who try to purchase our government out from under the people.

So, as usual, you cannot answer a simple question... no wonder you're the laughing stock of USMB. You're just a jealous, envy ridden little tool.

I answered the question.

No you didn't.. you made some lame post about the fucking Koch brothers as an answer to my question of how me or any other person leaving an inheritance to their kids is bad.

I never said I agreed WITH the bailouts. What I said was that we all seem to agree ABOUT the bailouts.

:lol::lol::lol: Really? We're not down to playing word games over which preposition to use? That's really pathetic and shows you've got nothing.

Meaning that when you originally complained that the issue was never about CEO compensation but it was about them using influence to obtain bailouts

What the Hell are you talking about? I never said anything like that. Not even close. :lol: See, you're just so lost in the sauce you don't have the first clue what is actually going on.

Only rhetoric about CEOs stealing and receiving way too much money.

Um, in case you forgot, all you seem to have in all of this is rhetoric about movie stars and athletes receiving too much money. I guess we just can't expect any consistency from the right. :eusa_whistle:

And BTW very FEW CEOs got "bailed out" and SOME of those who did -- didn't even WANT the money. So I sincerely doubt that the argument that corporate influence CAUSED the bailouts. Except in the cases of GM, Chrysler, and AIG and a couple of others.

I never said anything about corporate influence. You need to stop misrepresenting what I've said.

If you can't read that correctly -- we are gonna need to go much s-l-o-w-e-r.. Aren't we?
:eusa_angel:

Apparently we are, because you haven't a clue what's actually being said. :lol::lol:

For some dam reason, the class warriors are very selective in their outrage about salaries and benefits for our top performers. Everyone seems to be involved in CEO pay -- but very few are willing to attack Ben Rothleisburger or Angus T. Jones for making 100s or even 1000s of times the average American wage.

Who is Angus T. Jones?

Do Television Stars Make Too Much Money?

Of course, we've heard it all before with arguments over athletes' salaries and pop musicians, but when Angus T. Jones, the 17-year-old star of "Two and a Half Men," renewed his contract for an astounding $300,000 per episode, it starts to feel a little bit ridiculous.

And Jones' salary pales in comparison to co-star Charlie Sheen, whose latest contract could net him almost $100 million dollars next season. That's more than 2000 times the real median salary of a working American male.

Not bad for a gig that only takes 5 months out of the year. Kinda wimpy labor compared to a CEO managing 100,000 employees at 130 separate biz units globally 24/7/365. No breaks for THOSE guys.

It's really None of Your Business (NYOB) what CEO are paid. Just like it's NYOB what the annual purse of the PGA Tour is.. Or even the historical trends of paying top performers expanding in EVERY sector of the economy... The rate of increase for CEO is NOT an anomaly.. Take the NBA for instance.

db8a3f11af484822e4d075a662be4825.png

So Plot THAT against average annual worker salary and stuff it. (or dunk it -- your choice).

You outraged that the folks in the ticket booth are only making $18/hour? Let's hear it. But it's NYOB what Lebron James makes.

From Sports Illustrated ---

Sports Illustrated...

1. Tiger Woods: $127,902,706 million
2. Phil Mickelson: $62,372,685 million
3. LeBron James: $40,455,000 million
4. Floyd Mayweather Jr.: $40,250,000 million
5. Kobe Bryant: $35,490,625 million
6. Shaquille O'Neal: $35,000,000 million
6. Alex Rodriguez: $35,000,000 million
8. Kevin Garnett: $31,000,000 million
9. Peyton Manning: $30,500,000 million
10. Derek Jeter: $30,000,000 million
11. Dale Earnhardt, Jr.: $27,221,970 million
12. Allen Iverson: $27,109,375 million
13. Kevin Durant: $25,950,000 million
14. Jeff Gordon: $25,926,687 million
15. Ben Roethlisberger: $25,200,000 million
16. Dwyane Wade: $25,041,250 million
17. Tracy McGrady: $25,014,187 million
18. Carmelo Anthony: $22,541,250 million
19. Tim Duncan: $22,514,187 million
20. Manny Ramirez: $22,500,000 million

How does THAT stack up to CEO pay?

Here's some facts..

1) CEO pay increases correlate nearly perfectly with the increase in capitalization for the largest corporations. Meaning that growth in compensation can largely be explained by massive mergers and acquisitions and increased scope of responsibility.

2) Corporate leadership is a PUNISHING jobs. Does not even begin to resemble the limited job description and requirements of a Union job. You'd be lucky to get a day off without several scheduled hours of work or international commuting.

3) Whether companies are smoothing rolling along or faced with disaster -- it's NOYB whether CEO goes up or down. If the SF 49ers have a BAD year -- should they pay MORE for players, coaches or less? Often a company in decline HAS to seek out the big buck talent. There is no choice.

4) What the CEO/worker salary ratio is doesn't really matter. What MATTERS is whether those workers are doing equitably with counterpart jobs in places outside of the Forbes 100 companies. MOST workers don't worry about CEO salary. The argument is limited to a select few GYNORMOUS companies.

You might be a stockholder. Then it's your business. You might be an employee. Then it's your business. But just like the fact that Phil Mickelson is NOT stealing from you and neither is Hugh Laurie -- It's NOYB what corporations pay for top talent.

Holy crap have you certainly don't understand the entire concept.
The NFL is more along the lines of that which OWS and the rest of the middle class want to resemble.
But some brain power into the situation.
They spread the wealth around to everyone that it belongs too. The players , with their hard work and entertaining quailties, get a very substantial portion of the entire wealth of that which they create.
That is exactly what the workers want from the company they work for, their FAIR share of the profit. They worked hard to make the company profitable yet their wages do not keep up with the profits. It goes the the top 0.01% of the company.
The discrepancy of pay is not so great. It shows you do not understand.
The real distribution of wealth starts right at this level. The workers get less and less and the CEO's get more and more.

InTheMiddle:::

The complaint against the high pay of CEOs in the modern business climate has NOTHING to do with how much they make. It's about how much they CUT FROM OTHER PEOPLE, while keeping everything for themselves.

Hard to tell WHAT you were talking about originally with contradictory sentences like that one.

It's not "about how much they make" and a few blurts later they are "keeping everything for themselves". I got all the implications I needed from your insistence in the original post that everything corporate is based "on a fixed pie". So THEFT is the only way to distribute the profits.

I answered the question.

But your answer was stoopid. You're pissed that someone's daddy left them money and yours didn't. Your argument is that it isn't "fair".

For some dam reason, the class warriors are very selective in their outrage about salaries and benefits for our top performers. Everyone seems to be involved in CEO pay -- but very few are willing to attack Ben Rothleisburger or Angus T. Jones for making 100s or even 1000s of times the average American wage.

Who is Angus T. Jones?

Of course, we've heard it all before with arguments over athletes' salaries and pop musicians, but when Angus T. Jones, the 17-year-old star of "Two and a Half Men," renewed his contract for an astounding $300,000 per episode, it starts to feel a little bit ridiculous.

And Jones' salary pales in comparison to co-star Charlie Sheen, whose latest contract could net him almost $100 million dollars next season. That's more than 2000 times the real median salary of a working American male.

Not bad for a gig that only takes 5 months out of the year. Kinda wimpy labor compared to a CEO managing 100,000 employees at 130 separate biz units globally 24/7/365. No breaks for THOSE guys.

It's really None of Your Business (NYOB) what CEO are paid. Just like it's NYOB what the annual purse of the PGA Tour is.. Or even the historical trends of paying top performers expanding in EVERY sector of the economy... The rate of increase for CEO is NOT an anomaly.. Take the NBA for instance.

So Plot THAT against average annual worker salary and stuff it. (or dunk it -- your choice).

You outraged that the folks in the ticket booth are only making $18/hour? Let's hear it. But it's NYOB what Lebron James makes.

Sports Illustrated...

Here's some facts..

1) CEO pay increases correlate nearly perfectly with the increase in capitalization for the largest corporations. Meaning that growth in compensation can largely be explained by massive mergers and acquisitions and increased scope of responsibility.

2) Corporate leadership is a PUNISHING jobs. Does not even begin to resemble the limited job description and requirements of a Union job. You'd be lucky to get a day off without several scheduled hours of work or international commuting.

3) Whether companies are smoothing rolling along or faced with disaster -- it's NOYB whether CEO goes up or down. If the SF 49ers have a BAD year -- should they pay MORE for players, coaches or less? Often a company in decline HAS to seek out the big buck talent. There is no choice.

4) What the CEO/worker salary ratio is doesn't really matter. What MATTERS is whether those workers are doing equitably with counterpart jobs in places outside of the Forbes 100 companies. MOST workers don't worry about CEO salary. The argument is limited to a select few GYNORMOUS companies.

You might be a stockholder. Then it's your business. You might be an employee. Then it's your business. But just like the fact that Phil Mickelson is NOT stealing from you and neither is Hugh Laurie -- It's NOYB what corporations pay for top talent.

The NFL is more along the lines of that which OWS and the rest of the middle class want to resemble.
They spread the wealth around to everyone that it belongs too. The players , with their hard work and entertaining quailties, get a very substantial portion of the entire wealth of that which they create.
That is exactly what the workers want from the company they work for, their FAIR share of the profit. They worked hard to make the company profitable yet their wages do not keep up with the profits. It goes the the top 0.01% of the company.
The real distribution of wealth starts right at this level. The workers get less and less and the CEO's get more and more.

And what do you and I get, you know, the guys footing the bill? Other than 1 hour of football and 2 hours of commercials which always seem to be 30 decibels louder than the game?

You're way off the mark there Beavis.

Who is Angus T. Jones?

Sports Illustrated...

Here's some facts..

So that's why the first 12 weeks of NBA is getting cancelled due to those poor underappreciated players eh?

Where's your outrage for the team bus driver? for the folks who manage the uniforms? For the front office secretaries? For that $200 Hollywood walk-on that works with the $300,000 star talent?

Don't pretend that OWS SUPPORTS Millionaires/Billionaires as long as they are not CORPORATE rich villians. I don't think that's the plan..

Those CEOs are special talent stars. No different from the BULK of the other Millionaires and Billionaires in this country that have little to do with industry.. There's a special disdain that been CREATED for "Wall Street" Millionaires/Billionaires. But the solution is always to punish them ALL..

Hard to tell WHAT you were talking about originally with contradictory sentences like that one.

It's not "about how much they make" and a few blurts later they are "keeping everything for themselves". I got all the implications I needed from your insistence in the original post that everything corporate is based "on a fixed pie". So THEFT is the only way to distribute the profits.

If that's the way your mind works, then you have some serious intellectual deficiencies. :lol::lol::lol:

6 of those people are from just two families and EVERY one of those people inherited their wealth

class envy

the koch and waltons on that list inherited their wealth.

They did not make it.

They were given it.

They are not the best and brightest they are merely kids who were given HUGE banks accounts to start their lives with.

If you want kings and queens to rule then keep making your stupid bullshit insults.

how do you know that those kids did not work in that industry with their dads and worked into the running of the corporation as they grew up?.....are you sure there is no class envy here?.....

class envy

the koch and waltons on that list inherited their wealth.

They did not make it.

They were given it.

They are not the best and brightest they are merely kids who were given HUGE banks accounts to start their lives with.

If you want kings and queens to rule then keep making your stupid bullshit insults.

how do you know that those kids did not work in that industry with their dads and worked into the running of the corporation as they grew up?.....are you sure there is no class envy here?.....

They are not the best and brightest.

They are the luckiest.

I want to promote the best a nd brightest.

I dont want a society where the inheritors rule our government

Hollywood makes millions on just one movie and they support the left . Soros is a billionaire and he is ok but the banks CEO nope they cant have that type of money. They ( the left) are so hypocritical

Kinda annoyed you used Big Ben as your example . Huge Steelers fan here.. J/K by the way
Did an actor bring down our nation to its knees? Did Soros?

The complaint about CEO salaries as I have seen it on this site, is that CEO's don't pay their fair share of taxes on their income because incomes of ceo's have moved more towards receiving Stock and stock options, which avoids marginal income tax rates and is at the 15% capital gains rate.... and that CEO's are NOT PAID on what they accomplish for the good of the corporation but on back door contracts that their own buddies on their own corps boards, just gave to them, and that the stock holders in these corporations don't have a say in what they pay these ceo's out of their money.....along with the fact that many of the ceo's that brought this country to its knees who took billions in bail out dollars, are paying themselves bonuses and increasing their own salaries, while their share holders lost a bundle....

a ceo SHOULD BE PAID on their performance...but THAT is not what is happening....not with a good majority of the biggest ones.

As a stock holder, I personally do not like the board member/ceo relationship that continues to pat eachother on the back with huge raises while the companies fall apart and need bail outs from the gvt....

I answered the question.

But your answer was stoopid. You're pissed that someone's daddy left them money and yours didn't. Your argument is that it isn't "fair".

Oh so now you admitt you lied and that I DID ANSWER THE QUESSTION.

Then you lie about what I said.

you just cant defend you side with anything but lies.

Pity the poor, starving owners of those sports franchises and movie studios who are burdened with exorbitant labor costs.

Who is Angus T. Jones?

Sports Illustrated...

Here's some facts..

So that's why the first 12 weeks of NBA is getting cancelled due to those poor underappreciated players eh?

Where's your outrage for the team bus driver? for the folks who manage the uniforms? For the front office secretaries? For that $200 Hollywood walk-on that works with the $300,000 star talent?

Don't pretend that OWS SUPPORTS Millionaires/Billionaires as long as they are not CORPORATE rich villians. I don't think that's the plan..

Those CEOs are special talent stars. No different from the BULK of the other Millionaires and Billionaires in this country that have little to do with industry.. There's a special disdain that been CREATED for "Wall Street" Millionaires/Billionaires. But the solution is always to punish them ALL..

Well, you still just don't get it so ... keep your simple-minded ideas . The CEO's are special talent? When they take over a company and it falls flat on its face, those with the special talent get the golden parachutes and walk with millions of dollars.

Hey, great idea.

I answered the question.

Oh so now you admitt you lied and that I DID ANSWER THE QUESSTION.

Then you lie about what I said.

you just cant defend you side with anything but lies.

Seriously.. how old are you? You rant like a fucking five year old.

Well, you still just don't get it so ... keep your simple-minded ideas . The CEO's are special talent? When they take over a company and it falls flat on its face, those with the special talent get the golden parachutes and walk with millions of dollars.

Hey, great idea.

Nice work if you can get it.

Fuck up and walk away with a multi-million dollar package.

Forum List

Back