None of Your Business....

This is nothing but a self serving emotional tirade, devoid of anything having to actually do with what you all are whining about. When was the last time a Pro Athlete or Actor went running to the government to bail them out with tax money? Pro athletes do not run the show, they are employees. In pro sports, the most highly paid pro athletes are hired by the owners of the company, and a generous portion of the total earnings are directed into their paychecks.

The outcry over high CEO pay is an entirely different scenario. In most other businesses in this country the total earnings of companies have increasingly been more directed toward paying the top rungs of the latter over the past couple decades, while a lesser and lesser share of the earnings are being used to provide salaries and wages for the bottom of the ladder. In other words, top level execs are less willing to pay their underlings respectable wages. And then, when times get tough, they cut available working hours, and cut jobs altogether. But they sure aren't thinking to cut their own pay.

Our business climate of today is increasingly focus, obsessed really, with pinching pennies at the bottom of the ladder, so that those higher up the ladder can make tens, hundreds, or even millions more. And yet, they still come running to the government for a bailout when they've bankrupted their company with the tremendous slice of the pie they are taking. And then turn around and pay themselves bonsues while laying off more people.

The complaint against the high pay of CEOs in the modern business climate has NOTHING to do with how much they make. It's about how much they CUT FROM OTHER PEOPLE, while keeping everything for themselves.

What I posted was facts, figures, and reason. What you produced is a tirade. That last line makes the least sense of your whole post. It's a contradiction of itself in one sentence.

So the class war line here is --- NO -- we never bitched about CEO compensation.. We are just outraged at the bailouts. Well get in line then... Because when you strip the Class War plumage from all the protesting and bitchin' --- MOST of us agree on the bailouts.

But in 20 minutes there'll be a post by ONE of you class warriors about how the bailouts SAVED our measly asses from a REAL Depression.. I GUARANDAMTEE it.

All you got is class warfare propaganda and no solutions. Can't even make a coherent statement on the bail-outs can ya?

You forget....
Screen Actors Guild
Baseball Players Association
National Football League Players Association

What is the common denominator between the three?

YOU get the multiple brain cell prize for that Meister...

I think you're getting the picture why I can never get a leftist answer to the question of WHY THOSE folks (the majority of millionaires/billionaires in this country) need to get punished. Or pay for those wars..

The main beef is that the uber-elite pay off Washington policymakers to line their pockets and manipulate the economy in their favor.

That's a dishonest and unfair practice, on all fronts, and it's kept the Middle Class & small businesses out of the competition.

There's nothing wrong with being upset with that. It's actually tanking our economy, and so yea............people should be pissed the fuck off

How is the outrageous INFLATION of NBA salaries keeping "the Middle Class and small biz out of the competition"???? Or for that matter -- how is a $50Mill CEO comp pkg stealing from you? Can you run Apple? Can you drive in NASCAR?

And for the record -- it's GOVT regulation that CAUSING that growth in the largest corporations. Regulations aimed at THEM simply hobbles the economies ability to replace smaller more competitive enterprises in the economy when the major corporations gobble them up..

How much for instance does the poor and middle class pay for a ticket to make the NBA outrageously rich.?

But, but, but........corporations are eeeeevvvvviiiiillllll!!!
Evil is a fairy-tale concept.

Only small-children & poorly-educated religious-fundamentalists believe such horseshit.

Grow up.​

You know, I typically ignore your flamboyant and annoying posts. But seeing as how you were responding to one of my posts, I waded thru all of the font sizes and colors to get to the meat of your post. All I can say is you don't understand sarcasm when it walks up and slaps you hard on the face do you? Get a clue why don't you before commenting next time.

The main beef is that the uber-elite pay off Washington policymakers to line their pockets and manipulate the economy in their favor.

That's a dishonest and unfair practice, on all fronts, and it's kept the Middle Class & small businesses out of the competition.

There's nothing wrong with being upset with that. It's actually tanking our economy, and so yea............people should be pissed the fuck off

How is the outrageous INFLATION of NBA salaries keeping "the Middle Class and small biz out of the competition"???? Or for that matter -- how is a $50Mill CEO comp pkg stealing from you? Can you run Apple? Can you drive in NASCAR?

And for the record -- it's GOVT regulation that CAUSING that growth in the largest corporations. Regulations aimed at THEM simply hobbles the economies ability to replace smaller more competitive enterprises in the economy when the major corporations gobble them up..

How much for instance does the poor and middle class pay for a ticket to make the NBA outrageously rich.?

Actually -- you can sit on your ass at home in your skivvies and "CORPORATE AMERICA" will pay for you to watch the game on your big screen... Cheap bastards...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_Forbes_400_(2010)

Has decreased from the list from 2008.

#

Name

Net worth (USD)

Sources of wealth

Bill Gates

$54 billion

Microsoft, Cascade Investments LLC

Warren Buffett

$45 billion

Berkshire Hathaway

Larry Ellison

$27 billion

Oracle Corporation

Christy Walton

$23.4 billion

Wal-Mart, inherited

Charles Koch

$21.5 billion

Koch Industries, inherited

David Koch

$21.5 billion

Koch Industries, inherited

Jim Walton

$20.1 billion

Wal-Mart, inherited

Alice Walton

$20 billion

Wal-Mart, inherited

S. Robson Walton

$19.7 billion

Wal-Mart, inherited

Michael Bloomberg

$18 billion

Bloomberg L.P.

Larry Page

$15 billion

Google

Sergey Brin

$15 billion

Google

Sheldon Adelson

$14.7 billion

Las Vegas Sands

George Soros

$14.2 billion

Hedge Funds

Michael Dell

$14 billion

Dell Inc.

What I posted was facts, figures, and reason. What you produced is a tirade.

No, he produced facts and reason, too. You may not recognize it as such because it presents ideas you reject at a visceral level, but that doesn't change its validity.

Here's what it comes down to. One could make a case that top movie stars, TV stars, pop stars, and sports stars are overpaid. But even if that's true, they are still making their inflated salaries from THEIR work, not from the work of others.

A CEO of a big corporation is different, and the difference is qualitative, not just quantitative. The company he runs makes money by selling products that its workers produce, for more than what it pays the workers -- quite often MUCH more. The difference represents the company's profit margin, and the CEO is paid from those profits in ways that give him a vested interest in keeping wages and salaries down.

There's a qualitative difference between making a salary, however inflated one believes it to be, from a person's own labor, and making the same amount of money by skimming from the labor of others.

I wanna know how some CEO making $25,000,000 is different from Leonardo DiCaprio making $25,000,000?

What I posted was facts, figures, and reason.

Really? :lol: All you did was bitch about other people who are bitching, and then completely misrepresented what they're bitching about.

What you produced is a tirade.

No it wasn't. It was an explanation as to how your misrepresentations are false.

That last line makes the least sense of your whole post. It's a contradiction of itself in one sentence.

I guess it just all went right over your head. Maybe you should just sit down and let the grown ups handle this.

So the class war line here is --- NO -- we never bitched about CEO compensation.. We are just outraged at the bailouts.

:lol: That's not what I said at all. You should really pay attention before you're going to criticize what someone's saying. :lol:

Well get in line then... Because when you strip the Class War plumage from all the protesting and bitchin' --- MOST of us agree on the bailouts.

You should really stick to points that are relevant to the topic, instead of misrepresenting what people are saying so that you can make points be relevant.

But in 20 minutes there'll be a post by ONE of you class warriors about how the bailouts SAVED our measly asses from a REAL Depression.. I GUARANDAMTEE it.

1) You are the only one invoking class warfare, so you lose the right to say things like "your class warriors."

2) I never stated a position on anything, other than to clarify the misrepresentation you've undertaken in this thread (whether by willful ignorance or parental negligence inflicted stupidity, I don't know). So your comment about "my" class warriors just goes to show that you deal with things on the most simplistic level where sound bytes supposedly make good policy and answer all of life's questions. That makes your comments worthless off the bat.

3) You said that you agree with the bailouts, that most people agree with them. Thus, you're complaining that someone will come in and agree with you? I don't know what it is that has made you have such a bad day, but your emotional ranting is going off in a hundred indiscriminate directions and lacks any cohesive logic. Sit down, take a breath, maybe go smoke some medical marijuana, and relax.

Last edited:
6 of those people are from just two families and EVERY one of those people inherited their wealth

What I posted was facts, figures, and reason. What you produced is a tirade.

No, he produced facts and reason, too. You may not recognize it as such because it presents ideas you reject at a visceral level, but that doesn't change its validity.

Here's what it comes down to. One could make a case that top movie stars, TV stars, pop stars, and sports stars are overpaid. But even if that's true, they are still making their inflated salaries from THEIR work, not from the work of others.

A CEO of a big corporation is different, and the difference is qualitative, not just quantitative. The company he runs makes money by selling products that its workers produce, for more than what it pays the workers -- quite often MUCH more. The difference represents the company's profit margin, and the CEO is paid from those profits in ways that give him a vested interest in keeping wages and salaries down.

There's a qualitative difference between making a salary, however inflated one believes it to be, from a person's own labor, and making the same amount of money by skimming from the labor of others.

Do you have any clue the level of expertise, experience and talent it takes to run a multi-national company with thousands of employees? How many talented CEO are there out there compared to talented janitors?

:lol:

Of course you don't.

6 of those people are from just two families and EVERY one of those people inherited their wealth

class envy

the koch and waltons on that list inherited their wealth.

They did not make it.

They were given it.

They are not the best and brightest they are merely kids who were given HUGE banks accounts to start their lives with.

If you want kings and queens to rule then keep making your stupid bullshit insults.

Forum List

Back